LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V2

Yep, hwy 4 going over to Dodge Ridge, cut over near Copperapolis because I like the drive better than the 108.

Like you said, no real need for studded tires, just have to drive slower for the last 15 - 30 minutes. I was just surprised at how much better these trucks were doing because I am on snow tires.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Studs are not tolerated here anyway. Roads are carved up enough as it is.

The street able mud and snows are usually leaning to a middle ground for performance. I'd say toward the street side of things.

Must be a wheel tire combo that are at least a heavy open tread that can be used for a trip or two and not drive you crazy with tire drone.

I have 31" mud terrains on my Tahoe, works great in 2wd even in deep stuff. The deep open treat pattern makes a massive difference. The rubber compound is super soft too, almost winter like.(They wear just about as quickly too)

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Past friday drove 1hr to buy a VF48 so I can port/polish the wastegate to get rid of my boostcreep issue. Either its a straight swap or only the hotside.

I must say I might do the switch since the 48 is rock solid with no play at all. Only "concern" is a wastegate crack. Final decision will be when the 52 is out and can inspect it further.

The guy who sold me the 48 works in a independant subaru shop and must've think I was a complete idiot/newbie from the look on his face when I said I was going to install it on my OBXT.

Guy : Front mount ??

Me : Nope!

Guy : :confused:

Me : GS TMIC with the sti model hose (needs to buy)

Me : Aight here's your $$. Bye.

The liners or the rubber pads? I have an extra set of front liners that I keep meaning to sell. I like the feel of the rubber pads better (which are excellent)

The liners. So far I like them fine. They stay in place surprisingly well and definitely hold a lot of crap. :lol:

Past friday drove 1hr to buy a VF48 so I can port/polish the wastegate to get rid of my boostcreep issue. Either its a straight swap or only the hotside.

I must say I might do the switch since the 48 is rock solid with no play at all. Only "concern" is a wastegate crack. Final decision will be when the 52 is out and can inspect it further.

The guy who sold me the 48 works in a independant subaru shop and must've think I was a complete idiot/newbie from the look on his face when I said I was going to install it on my OBXT.

Guy : Front mount ??

Me : Nope!

Me : GS TMIC with the sti model hose (needs to buy)

Me : Aight here's your $$. Bye.

I never understood why Subaru people have such a big obsession with front mounts. Has anyone seen the guy that made a 9s pass with a GrimmSpeed top mount? That put most of it to rest for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

This post by CovertRussian http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/header-design-theory-turbo-ej-headers-258263.html really made me want an ELH, so, I just bought Battelready's old Tomei :D.

I am really looking forward to the smoother sound of an ELH.

Front mounts are awesome. Get that big hunk of metal off the engine and out into cold air where it can breathe. Do a low mount turbo and rotate the intake manifold = not that much extra piping.

This post by CovertRussian http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/header-design-theory-turbo-ej-headers-258263.html really made me want an ELH, so, I just bought Battelready's old Tomei :D.

I am really looking forward to the smoother sound of an ELH.

Front mounts are awesome. Get that big hunk of metal off the engine and out into cold air where it can breathe. Do a low mount turbo and rotate the intake manifold = not that much extra piping.

Congrats on the header, looking forward to seeing the improvements!

On the front mount: Well, yes, if you spent another $3500 making a custom front mount twin scroll turbo manifold, and put a nice EFR on there you would have a very efficient system. I'm more talking about the people that do an OEM, stock location turbo with a front mount. I just don't see the point at those power levels.

Congrats on the header, looking forward to seeing the improvements!

On the front mount: Well, yes, if you spent another $3500 making a custom front mount twin scroll turbo manifold, and put a nice EFR on there you would have a very efficient system. I'm more talking about the people that do an OEM, stock location turbo with a front mount. I just don't see the point at those power levels.

It's for the bro points, duh!

(Has FMIC lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After three years of ownership, I am finally going to take care of my melted bumper. Just bought a used but in great condition EDM/JDM outback bumper :wub:. So excited!

If you need a rubber cover/guard for the top of it let me know, I bought a spare.

Thanks. But it actually comes with one. It appeared in fine shape, so I should be OK I think.

You got a great deal then! It should be stuck on with double stick tape so you could remove it before repainting.

Good to know. I'll claim 'victory' when it gets to my door :). Even though that thing is used, I hope it won't get damaged in shipping.

Just as a reminder, you just had to swap your outback beam with the legacy beam right? (without reinstalling the foam part)

Good to know. I'll claim 'victory' when it gets to my door :). Even though that thing is used, I hope it won't get damaged in shipping.

Just as a reminder, you just had to swap your outback beam with the legacy beam right? (without reinstalling the foam part)

Yup, that's where I'm at right now. I have the foam for the Legacy beam. It may fit if you trim it but I didn't spend much time on it before giving up. I'll probably try again once I'm moved.

Archived