LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V2

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got my car back from GST and it feels a million times better with the Dom1.5XTR vs. the AVO380!

330hp

324tq

I'll post the dyno later.

wow our gas sucks. But, those are great numbers. The Avo dyno is in his build thread.

edit: checked. The link is dead. But the Avo made less than his JMP VF52.

I just got my car back from GST and it feels a million times better with the Dom1.5XTR vs. the AVO380!

330hp

324tq

I'll post the dyno later.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on how the BTS kit handles this amount of power in corners and bumpy roads.

i vote for you to post it now. and the AVO dyno too. :cool:

Here's all 4 dyno tunes for reference.

Dyno results with Blouch Dom1.5xtr on Mustang Dyno and California 91

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/0AC0E0C5-4E9A-4DDA-B5B5-0F3D43314E40.jpg

Dyno results from AVO380 on the same dyno

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/2261BD70-F61B-484E-82C4-CA1377C2941A.jpg

Dyno results from VF52 and VF46 on the same dyno

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/BB54CF76-9A38-41F9-966A-7907738E6A98.jpg

^this AVO380 is a real shame. Less torque then a VF46 1250 RPM later...

Almost the same HP/torque curve with the DOM but add 70hp/50ft-lbs :dm:

Question is : what is your next upgrade/mod ?!? :cool::lol:

That AVO380 was a real let down, especially coming from the (better performing) JMP custom VF52. I'm guessing my next upgrade will be a built block/heads.

Yesterday, with the help of magnusonsubie, changed out my waterpump for a non-broken OEM cast one. When we pulled off the old one it was pretty obvious fluid was leaking out of the weep hole.

It was really nice to work with someone who had set timing before. It's not that hard, but it is a little nerve wracking.

Lisle spill free funnel worked great to refill the coolant system.

The JDM front-end also looks great in person on his car.

edit: link to the pictures Magnus took of them http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5553326&postcount=2680

Strange you have pump failure so soon after a rebuild. Was the old pump moved to the new rebuild?

Placed the same cast impeller pump on my rebuild. Good on you guys getting together and hammering this out.

Just checked my rebuild sheet. Looks like I had the Gates kit with pump. Luckily this was before Gates moved their bearing supplier, so the bearings on all the pulley's should be good. But a point against the Gates water pump. Which I think is actually a known problem. Used to be Gates timing kit with OEM water pump, now it's just OEM everything.

Just a pretty picture of it. can't even tell how dirty it is... :lol:

EDIT: actually, old news, but my wife/daughter got me/it some parts. Some Tokyo Roki filters and Posi-quiet pads for the LGT calipers. just need to paint/cook them and get some centric rotors. well, and make a spot in the garage and install...

IMG_20161214_143137.thumb.jpg.090cd09cb4f36a2e881e2547660c97e4.jpg

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

stupid question - what size is our OEM midpipe? 2.5 inches? Any idea what I can expect cutting the OEM resonator off and putting on a vibrant ultra quiet?

@ also at WRX USA, because I can see you lurking right now. How is the DOM1.5 after a few days in a variety of driving conditions?

stupid question - what size is our OEM midpipe? 2.5 inches? Any idea what I can expect cutting the OEM resonator off and putting on a vibrant ultra quiet?

@ also at WRX USA, because I can see you lurking right now. How is the DOM1.5 after a few days in a variety of driving conditions?

It's still awesome! I knew I would feel that way when I was giggling like a little girl every time I hit the gas on the way home from GST, and then when I was almost home I realized I wasn't even in "S#". It's everything I expected the AVO380 to be.

Just a pretty picture of it. can't even tell how dirty it is... :lol:

EDIT: actually, old news, but my wife/daughter got me/it some parts. Some Tokyo Roki filters and Posi-quiet pads for the LGT calipers. just need to paint/cook them and get some centric rotors. well, and make a spot in the garage and install...

You have got to have the most long term LGT brake swap I've ever seen. :lol:

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Archived