LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

• 5 weeks later...
Family life cramping my interest in the new gen 2022 BRZ. For me the styling fixed my biggest turn off from the previous gen on the front bumper. I thought it was too round/not aggressive enough before, and the new one looks way better IMO. Alas, 2 doors will escape me until my midlife crisis in about 10 years :D

Just saw a listing here on the forums from a local for an 06 OBXT 5MT... probably going to check it out when the new year hits. My wish list: MT, wagon, and turbo. Check. Check. And check. Booking the wife a massage now. Already surprised her with earrings for Xmas. What else can I do.... lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Just saw a listing here on the forums from a local for an 06 OBXT 5MT... probably going to check it out when the new year hits. My wish list: MT, wagon, and turbo. Check. Check. And check. Booking the wife a massage now. Already surprised her with earrings for Xmas. What else can I do.... lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Just be prepare for turbo and/or short block replacement for 05-09 EJ255's. If the cost and/or work of that job scare you off, the 05-09 Turbo isn't for you. With the burnt valve/blown head gasket repairs of the 5th Gen GT, the same thing can be said about those.

If it weren't for so much plastic cladding... i'd love a new outback XT. I saw a fresh looking black one that is lowered making the rounds on insta/reddit. black on black is the only way I could do it. Been itching for a project though so a new block/turbo is actually something i want to do. Since I have my truck, I could even sell the legacy to fund it :grin: I've been practicing my persuasive essay.

If it weren't for so much plastic cladding... i'd love a new outback XT. I saw a fresh looking black one that is lowered making the rounds on insta/reddit. black on black is the only way I could do it.

That lowered XT looks good. It' nice to see someone take the plunge to see what's possible.

I'm not so much into the "wagon life" but here's a pic from a Subaru meet a few years ago......... Local guy had done the lower and mod out an Outback to be as much as possible like a Legacy wagon...not my dream ride but it looked pretty cool. Always happy to do a bit of enabling ;)

h1OOazs.jpg

• I Donated
The Audi all track things aren't too bad of a looking rig. Can still get a turbo and manual in them as well. I've seen several outback/4thgen wagon owners fill the void for a 3rd pedal by getting those.
No you can't. The last Allroad that was available with a manual was the A6-based one that was last produced in 2003 (and those were super rare in manual spec). The A4-based Allroad never came in a manual in the US market. Neither did the B8 A4 Avant... and there was no B9 A4 Avant in the US market, but all US B9s came in auto-only spec anyway. The last manual Audi wagon produced for the US was the 2008 A4/S4 Avant (B7). And trust me... If you thought 4th gen Legacy GTs were a PITA, you'd be in for a whole new level of hurt with a B7.

The Audi all track things aren't too bad of a looking rig. Can still get a turbo and manual in them as well. I've seen several outback/4thgen wagon owners fill the void for a 3rd pedal by getting those.

VW Golf Alltrack? IIRC you could also spec the base Golf wagon with AWD and a manual for a year or two.

Waiting for Toyota to officially announce the GR Corolla. My biggest concerns would be limited production numbers, and dealer mark ups.

Big picture, all rumors sound nice. And if they're any bit true, I have some numbers to crunch and a real decision to make. The first being what purpose this car will serve.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I've already decided my next car will be a 100-series Toyota Land Cruiser, however I'm not at a point where I want to get rid of the Legacy. I would only ever totally replace this with another fast wagon, and even if somebody handed me the keys to a new RS6 Avant and said "here you go, it's yours," I'd probably still hesitate since I enjoy rowing my own gears. Maybe one day I'll have other needs and it won't make sense to keep it anymore, but I have a feeling I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon.

As for the GR Corolla, I have really high hopes for that thing. The GR Yaris looks impressive and it's a shame we don't get it, but a GR Corolla that competes with the likes of a Type R or WRX would be awesome.

I could not agree more with your Yaris comment.

My issue with adding a GR Corolla to the stable is, it cannot fully replace the Outback in its function. This is so, because of the cargo capacity. So I wouldn't feel comfortable with getting completely rid of the Outback for this to replace it for DD duties. I just think the Outback supports my lifestyle best at this moment. If I had a truck instead, picking up a Corolla wouldn't be as hard to justify, but I don't.

Having a GR Corolla and the Outback is not an option I'm willing to entertain right now, so it's one or the other. The Outback is paid for, well-maintained & actively-maintained, modified, functional (for my needs/wants), and fun. The Corolla would be a car note, well-maintained & actively-maintained, unmodified, slightly less functional (for my needs), and super fun.

I think I need to pay the RX-7 more attention as to not forget what I have, and appreciate it more. Meanwhile, the rumored GR Corolla can be the affair I never had. I just need to bury my head in the sand when ever they hit the showroom floors, if they hit the showroom floors.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

The main thing that is blowing my mind with the new cars is 400hp+ is the norm with easy with a 25-40g. Some of them having that stock!

So far my contiplating still has me going back to a sport truck type build with a rcsb 5.0 f150. Then my other thought process is well...I've had my silverado for just over 2years and put 20k on it. Where most of the miles have been to Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake and Denver. Not me actually driving it around town on the born. Just out to go fishing at some places really.

So rather than trading it. I only owe like 6g I think. I might as well just pay it off. Then move on towards a small boat for some fun.

Meanwhile hang tight for this new car fiasco to calm down. Then go solely performance car like the new Nissan Z, or finding a slightly used new gen Mach1 or stage 2/3 roush mustang.

My foxbody will continue to appreciate in value. Maybe just say **** it and put 10-20g into that. Butter we all know how the project loophole can go. Guess the benefits would be no debt wrapped up in a loan on a new vehicle

I was told to never buy a car as an invest as a kid, but I understood that there were exceptions to that rule. What I didn't expect was for the exceptions to the rule to grow exponentially over the last 5yrs. For example, my Dad had a 1995 Berlina Black NSX 5spd TT and sold it in 2012 for under $30k making a profit. The NSX market now is as low as 2x that amount and it's not uncommon to see them going for 3x and 4x as much. FDs, Supras, and Skylines markets have all increased significantly. Yes, this applies to the used-car market in general. However, turbocharged, manual - especially a combination of the two - seem to be in more demand than supply.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be able to trade my FC for a house, but I could certainly ditch it for more than the $400 I paid for it. But the GR Corolla, if the rumors become true, a turbocharged 3-cyl (260hp), AWD, 6spd hatchback. That is what current future-classics are sporting, and I just don't see this car losing value in the long run. Of course this is speculation. I would love to buy one and store it in a garage for the next 20yrs, but I don't have discipline to do so or enough money to buy a second on to put miles on. I guess I need to stick to Gran Turismo. Again, my concern would be limited production numbers, and dealer mark ups. I guess we'll see.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I think the reason why I enjoy the fox so much is the old nostalgia of it. I just like that it's not like the Subarus that I've owned and have lost a fair amount of money into them. That's how the story typically goes though.

It's much more fun to tinker on

I do like what you're saying. Time will tell

After owning and now modifying both the LGT and a few Fox bodies.....they are easier to work on in some ways but when it comes to mods that wormhole is endless as well, just maybe a bit more costly depending on your goals and taste. I haven't dealt with or ridden in a highly modified boxer car but there is something to be said for displacement. There is no replacement.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk