LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

Trucks work but do get boring when pulling DD duty. I have never been down to the truck as my only vehicle in over 20 years....until the LGT engine bit the dust. I very much look forward to driving the car soon.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Edited by whitexc

I'd like a rcsb f150 5.0. 5-10grand in mods and be hittin 11s in no time

Until something breaks, and it will, lol. But that's the life of budget builds! Have you seen the youtube vids for the boosted f150 swb reg cab 4wd with a supercharger. It was very fast, for little while.

what's the car guy's car meme? used brown manual diesel wagon? well i got 80% of it. wasn't expecting to buy a new car but this big brown slab of sexy popped up with some minor issues(all but 1 already fixed within 3 hours of getting the car home) for a price i couldn't pass up, so i bit the bullet. 2012 jetta sportwagen TDI with the DSG and no pano sunroof, the exact spec and color i wanted, just was shocked to find one so soon. engine is dry as a bone and runs flawlessly, same for transmission, DPF and egr replaced a year ago under warranty(which expired in september, which is disappointing), timing belt done ~10k miles ago, and newish craptacular tires that will be...fine...for a commuter. returned 39 mpg on the ~120 mile ride home without a hitch...well, except for the tow hitch on the back:lol:. happy to have a real wagon again, and though i'll miss the TL forever, i'm happy with the new purchase. just needs a full detail since the interior and exterior are both disgusting.

PXL_20211106_161648471.jpg.c55a2003d3f6ce7b9eab157061f85254.jpg

I like the brown too. Congrats! What's the next plan?

honestly just some exterior stuff...needs fog lights at some point, and possibly a set of projector headlights since halogens are just acceptable, but aside from that it'll stay stock. already has enough power and rides well enough for a daily, so i don't want to go messing with stuff.

• I Donated
Well I mean I don't have a problem with this either

We looked at one of those to replace the Stinger. Dealer wanted $10k over sticker for a Premium AWD long-range... On a car that was already $56k. :eek: We decided that, at $45k, a fully loaded Santa Fe was a comparative bargain. [emoji38]

It seems with research I'm doing in the regular cab you can rarely find the 2.7 eco and the 5.0 coyote. The standard V6 is easy to find in long beds. I missed one today by about 4 hrs owell. Luckily enough there is one here local that's pretty done up. Might be making a move on one and selling my Silverado to the dealer rather than the hassle of private party

When you say “standard” are you referring to the base NA v6 OR 3.5L ecoboost. I love my ecoboost and basic maint it will last the lifetime of the truck. As far as “lawnmower” sound - meh. I don’t really give a crap what the engine sounds like. It hauls ass. Funny thing is that the 2.7L turbo is actually the quickest of all engine options, it just doesn’t do so well when it tows.

Also funny to hear someone complain about turbo noises on a Subaru forum. Lol.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

It seems with research I'm doing in the regular cab you can rarely find the 2.7 eco and the 5.0 coyote. The standard V6 is easy to find in long beds. I missed one today by about 4 hrs owell. Luckily enough there is one here local that's pretty done up. Might be making a move on one and selling my Silverado to the dealer rather than the hassle of private party

I don't know what kind of lawnmower you have, but my friends F150 3.5TT sounds nothing like it. I would rather have the 3.5TT, with a tune it a lot faster than 5.0. The only turbo engine I have driven that I thought sounded horrible from the factory was the Jeep 2.0T.

My neighbor kid has an older CRV (slammed, stretched times, with lot of camber) with some aftermarket exhaust (maybe no cat) that does actual sound like a lawn mower. When he 1st did the exhaust, the 1st time I noticed was him starting it up at 6am and I woke up wondering who the hell is mowing their lawn at that time.

The base na v6 can find fairly easy in a long bed since those are mostly work trucks. Trying to find a rcsb is a bit harder with the whole sport truck scene really starting to take off

Those are still huge. My perspective though is as a long time GMC Syclone owner...

For me it's just gotta do 1 thing (for now :grin:). But you can bet your arses I'll eventually be cutting out the muffler to let this 5.7 Hemi breathe like it was made to! I'll probably convert to true duals and exit out the back as well.fc14e14956ef402a2f6e31965f806cf9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk