LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

• I Donated
Not in trend but 2nd gen viper or fd rx-7. The big ole 5th gen legacy/ 4th gen outback is nice but it makes me want for a sleeker , sexier daily. [emoji17] I am a disgrace I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes, you're planning on trading in your 10 year old commuter car for an old, unreliable, but extremely expensive ($50k+) project car. Sounds plausible.

I guess a guy can dream...

I'm keeping the SS at least until the CT5-V Blackwing is available used for under $60k with a manual and low-ish miles. Which might be never. :spin:

169c50ce895a38df2cdd1fe115d97a7c.jpg

Indeed. When I bought my 2013 CTS-V wagon (manual, of course) in pristine condition with ~29k miles in 2017 I thought I was overpaying for it ($56k). Now it seems it was a bargain...

The 2nd gen Vs feel old AF now though. The interior feels like it came out in late 2007. That's because it did. That's a bunch of 14 year old technology. For $60k. :eek:

Yeah, but I don't think it aged badly. I like not having stupid screen in my face all the time. The pop up screen is actually nice. The headunit still works with modern Iphones, in fact better than with other cars. Sure it does not have Car Play, etc. but so what. I'd rather have buttons than stupid touch screens.

There's a 1000hp widebody 🤌[emoji2532] on bring a trailer for $60k

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

If it wasn't mutilated it have cost more.

I am really on the fence on selling the GT and leasing a Gladiator. Been thinking about getting back into a Jeep for awhile, and yesterday my wife gave me the go ahead.

Gladiator needs 34" if not 35" tires to look ok. But then it's probably a dog on highway. I was quite impressed how well they do offroad even with the ridiculously long wheelbase. It's certainly a toy, not a truck. Edited by unclemat

I am really on the fence on selling the GT and leasing a Gladiator. Been thinking about getting back into a Jeep for awhile, and yesterday my wife gave me the go ahead.

You kind of missed the boat on all the incentives. Jeep just dropped all the incentives in October on them including the affiliate and tread lightly incentives. They probably aren't coming back in the near future until the supply issues eases. From the time I order my Jeep in February, the price has also gone up over $2k and lost $1500 incentive that I got.

I've heard that the Gladiator is meh. Some people say that it's lacking power, and I don't understand the point of buying one for the price...

Falcor has had Jeep's in the past. The 3.6 in my fiancé's 4 door Wrangler isn't lacking power. It's 0-60 time is in the 6 sec range. In a tall vehicle I don't think I need any more power. As for the what the point, what other truck can you buy that has removable top and doors? It is a compromise for one size fits all if you only have one vehicle for off-road, bed and open air driving.

You kind of missed the boat on all the incentives. Jeep just dropped all the incentives in October on them including the affiliate and tread lightly incentives. They probably aren't coming back in the near future until the supply issues eases. From the time I order my Jeep in February, the price has also gone up over $2k and lost $1500 incentive that I got.

Falcor has had Jeep's in the past. The 3.6 in my fiancé's 4 door Wrangler isn't lacking power. It's 0-60 time is in the 6 sec range. In a tall vehicle I don't think I need any more power. As for the what the point, what other truck can you buy that has removable top and doors? It is a compromise for one size fits all if you only have one vehicle for off-road, bed and open air driving.

There are dealers that are offering 5% under invoice for factory orders. That coupled with 70%-72% residual value (Sport S) puts a lease at a very tempting price. The dealer I have been working with said if the Tread Lightly incentive comes back then it would be applied as well (1%).

Yes, dgoodhue is right, I have had 8 Jeeps over the years, 4 of them being CJ/Wranglers. All but one were lifted and wheeled mildly. Now that I live in a small town with practically no curves in the roads or hills (SE Kansas), the GT does not get a chance to shine like it did in KC (at least to me). This town does not have the infrastructure for a lowered car and I feel I am beating it up.

As far as Jeeps go, I’m still undecided between a 2 door and the Gladiator. Not really wanting a 4 door even though our JK Rubicon was one. Still throwing around the idea of a used Rubicon or even leasing an Outback Wilderness or Onyx XT.

So, not decided yet.

Pulled the trigger on a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 TRX 4x4 quad cab. Decided against waiting another 12-18mo for a newer hybrid truck to replace the legacy and went slightly older with higher miles to get my price point. This will allow me to get my wife into something nicer sooner. Still have my legacy as the commuter. Puts a smile on my face. Almost grabbed an 04 dakota sport 5MT but it utility over fun is what I need my truck lol2afb4571b116084c15ddeac8de302ce8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Definitely better than a Dakota. Few years back I grabbed an 06 extended cab z71 Silverado with 61k on it. Paid less than 12 and now I really want a newer rig.

For it's purpose and super low payment it's hard to justify finding over 600+$ a month. Smart move

They're 'cool' i guess lol maybe more of an older folk 'kewl' as my dad likes to text me... :lol: puzzling they wouldn't just offer the hybrid powertrain in the Ranger. At face value it would seem to be a more cost effective manufacturing approach too, but I'd be curious to read more in depth about its platform/parts. Ford could have easily made some ill advised/short sighted decisions in the past that made that powertrain not easily feasible in the Ranger platform.

The Maverick is a front-wheel drive platform with AWD optionally scabbed on, and the Ranger is rear-wheel drive, so the transmissions would be completely different animals. Having no actual knowledge of how the two compare, I'm guessing that the Maverick is probably very similar to the baby Bronco, so it's a lot more likely that we'll see the Maverick hybrid power train show up in that. I don't know offhand what Ford has for RWD hybrid power trains in other platforms, but those would probably be easier to adapt. They might also be waiting to see how the F-150 Lightning does, maybe they'll skip the hybrid step altogether.

the ranger's gonna be hybrid on their next refresh, but the maverick is going after the urban and dense suburban crowd that doesn't have the room for a full size truck but still wants the utility of a bed to haul their 6 bags of mulch back to the house twice a year. it also gets the eco-minded people on board that it's a small truck that gets good gas mileage, so it's a worthy compromise if you can only have 1 vehicle that you can still get a truck and not destroy the earth. fleets are eventually going to be picking these up like hot cakes too...instead of using little hatchbacks for deliveries and such(autoparts stores etc), you've got a 40 mpg truck that can haul a bunch more.

I stopped by the local Ford dealer and got eyes on a Maverick they had sold but not shipped yet. Pretty slick looking vehicle. They nailed the proportions on it, and I think it's a better looking truck than the Ranger. Still not ready to get rid of my F150 though.
I could suck start a snow blower.

• I Donated
and i'd rather rent a u-haul twice a year when i need it and keep my car. different strokes for different folks
I wouldn't want a truck as my primary vehicle... But I'll buy a Maverick used for peanuts in 5 years [emoji1787]