LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

• I Donated
Who here has experienced a Stinger GT? Awd or rwd?
Had one for three years.

It was fast, and decently fun to drive, although you had to push the pedal down pretty hard to wake it up... with normal around-town driving, it didn't feel that special. Pretty small inside, especially in the rear seat. Very low slung, which is why we traded it in (wife wanted something that was easier to get in and out of, and had more passenger and cargo room). Definitely had some nice ergonomics inside. I had the RWD... it's slightly faster stock than the AWD, but if you add any power at all, the AWD puts it down better, and you can lock it in RWD and then switch back to AWD with a simple DIY mod.

All in all, it really depends on what you're looking for. Good if you just want to go fast. Not so great in terms of practicality. And I like my Chevy SS better from a fun perspective, even though it's slower.

We traded it in for a Santa Fe with the 2.5T... and if I were doing THAT over, I'd go with the Genesis GV70, which we were also looking at.

Debating a somewhat performance daily driver with some amenities.

If I go like 30k plus I was thinking that. A Chevy SS, a Ford lightning, c6 grandsport or a BMW M3, f150 rcsb 5.0 or 18+ mustang gt.

If I go like under 20g, then I'll buy a mach1 03-04 years, highly modified foxbody, or older supercharged mustang

• I Donated
Debating a somewhat performance daily driver with some amenities.

If I go like 30k plus I was thinking that. A Chevy SS, a Ford lightning, c6 grandsport or a BMW M3, f150 rcsb 5.0 or 18+ mustang gt.

You're certainly not getting a Chevy SS for $30k at this point, unless it's a super high mile 2014 (2014s didn't have MagRide, rear Brembos, manual option, etc.) or a salvage title.

$40k minimum for a high mile (100k+) manual with clean title. Ones with under 50k are getting pretty close to original MSRP ($50k) at this point. Anything with under 20k on it, manual or auto, is at or above MSRP.

The market is ridiculous.

Never in a million years would I pay that money for an SS. Unattractive and a bowtie. Not to start a war there but they never did it for me. I get the appeal. It's that or a fugly Camaro if you want to row gears and countersteer.

Heck I don't like Pontiacs but saw a clean WS6 yesterday and that would work. It had an exhaust and sounded fantastic.

Go old school and shell out for a clean Grand National or T Type. Leave it as is and drive it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• I Donated
Never in a million years would I pay that money for an SS. Unattractive and a bowtie. Not to start a war there but they never did it for me. I get the appeal. It's that or a fugly Camaro if you want to row gears and countersteer.

Heck I don't like Pontiacs but saw a clean WS6 yesterday and that would work. It had an exhaust and sounded fantastic.

Go old school and shell out for a clean Grand National or T Type. Leave it as is and drive it.

None of those are sedans.

Also, most of them have less power and really crappy interiors.

The SS is a practical DD, but also a lot of fun to drive. 415 hp, RWD, 6-speed manual, great exhaust note... with a usable rear seat and a huge trunk. That's the appeal.

I agree that $50k for a 5-8-year-old car that was that much new, or $30k+ for a salvage title, is crazy money and I would never pay it. But I bought mine (a 2016) for $37k in 2019, and I feel that it was worth that then. I probably would have paid a bit more to get the exact car I wanted, but I had been looking for 4 months at that point, and my ideal config had not popped up for sale anywhere within 1500 miles of home.

My drive daily consistent of about 3miles of in town driving and then 25miles interstate before I exit and I'm right at work.

A performance wagon would be nice for longer drives etc on the highway. A BMW 328d was on the list, just don't know how I'd get around adjusting to diesel

auto diesel wagon right here. depends what you want in a car...the wagon's my daily and it's quick enough to get out of its own way, but not powerful enough to put me easily at high speeds/getting in trouble territory. i'd assume the beamer would handle fairly well too, so could be a mildly fun car. If you're looking for a highway bruiser the diesel is not going to be it. but...40 mpg vs the ~20 i get with the GT, while keeping miles off the GT and keeping it as my fun car...yeah, works for me.

• 4 weeks later...
...with my Legacy GT out of commission for a while I guess it's actually time to find my next ride. I'm looking for more power and refinement this time round, plus some improved reliability. I'm aiming for an IS500 but production is paused for an undetermined amount of time, which sucks but I guess it gives more time to work on my rebuild.

Well feel free to share what you're considering. Part of me now wants to go get a 400z

...I really wanted a GS-F but too many for sale where people were playing games so that's made we wait for an IS500. The embargo on new Z reviews lifts tomorrow so there will be a bunch of vids about it on YouTube soon.

Already are. I was watching a few. Smoking tire and few others seem to really play on the nostalgia of it. I want to know more on how the auto feels to them

...based off of the impression vids, it seems that Nissan may have gotten this right. Starting at $40k and going to $50k doesn't seem unreasonable for what the car offers.

So here's my story with visiting with the Nissan dealer on Thursday....

12,500$ mark-up, you had to put half of that down now and if the order wasn't filled by December 1st then only would they refund it.

So here was my rebuttal to that today instead then that I've had my eyes on for awhile.

Picked up this new beauty in Atlantic blue. 400mile trip home and absolutely love it. Brings back enjoying a car again!

Has subframe connectors, long tube headers, new tk600 trans, mach1 engine swap aling with shaker hood.

It's now the 4v compared to the old V8 4.8l 2v. Very very pleased, and it sounds amazing!!! dc17fc3dd47bbb67171adaba53c83e43.jpg2c49d21cf9e6c31e7a1051745ea3df7d.jpg31611885cd87d6f01b95ca0128ad75c0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Very nice. I am a Fox guy deep down but the New Edge body has always been 2nd best IMO. Whether it's the Mach, Termi, Saleen/Steeda. They look great and were somewhat affordable. 4.6L...not 4.8L. The 4V DOHC engine is a whole other animal. That's a beauty and will treat you well I'm sure. Have fun with it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Edited by whitexc

I've been so hooked on Asian/Japanese market the last decade, but starting to really check out Domestic vehicles again. The Dodge Charger Scat Pack w/ widebody in F8 green has me drooling. I'm thinking I'll save the luxurious, sophisticated vehicle(s) for my 40s.. lol I still want the thrills.

• 1 month later...

So ready to move on from the Legacy lol Finally seeing some Kia Stingers with 50k miles getting closer to $30k. A few used WRXs with Stage 2 blocks in the mid 20s that I might take a chance on since I have the truck as a backup. Getting ancy! I go back and forth 3 times a week. My wife loves it.... 🤓