LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

• 1 month later...

Was eyeing up some WRXs to replace the Legacy since I had my truck... but then I got booped and she's totaled. So my next 'car' is a newer truck - 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn in Dark Forest Green. Fully loaded with air suspension option. Nicest vehicle I've ever owned. 1 owner with service records but 123k miles means I got a decent price (these days at least). Looks like my 'fun' car plans will be put on hold for awhile since I decided to upgrade, but I'll be enjoying the vented seats blowing cold air up my wastegate. Be safe out there!

total.jpg

new.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

What was only speculation is now a known fact. Sold the LGT today and picked up my new car two weeks ago. Here's what I'll drive next.....

2023 Civic Type-R, it had 6 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot. First time buying a new new car.

VsmPyA3IL0dYFvg5I6fa3u-EiDrNG8ihcae_Dwjb4gU7YEJx9NMGAM2ATHan5V9vXY5HpmkPeplmlfFE0kVfrfaoLZcJNdO_BoU7eB3EkvtjzV3GqTQmQZbpDvVL9GOos6Q5YBxxiI4frpnlhR0wga2RWfmCgRyFU3F9ByWlTrLQUCtM682G34fhHKkEke3-8aXXNMBf46fr0hou1aeil1Ex8cYofh2IR1L46HEg5wGq5AWatybcXyJAP-h0FyUPZeaqZEBfoshPwd1Y98EQ7L0pkdO7C8D9Pu6f7p6g_a9SjP2FtS4ieXwhSAfX7YtRWwwV2G4YLHZ3VH2laRZx5vFvtsYOQVI80HJE-Mgci2WYDr8fpFXmk7lvKHRZGfB6I-S-jesVU71QgFWYgGmSyT7V3IL63RGWNE_9KdBwviaCmbVAT9whNHzwPUtfdS0msZf6aMo3Kb3cbTJBMKzATblK8EeEU35g7lljAaGPXzIjbMbXwKaC9gXskyJ_SCw-j2VgMTaGT3wYavopALrFhijtut054X0ts-qluNFhhv7dMO3Dbw5r-sdGIb1B78MHmQ5bd2rNXhri7KP1LtSZXHgJrwImCB8tnaW_m4ImQbno4qKndmWj9p6GWuOlETSKZIZTpIuQtfrO5BM9zXyYP6MehAiSgmkmkjzHebk0-LsRzTLvL2LrcbKO6UMlir8R0ir5VimPC1C7kWJtAYUgcz6orK5LnYPOFslat8_NKJry4b9XpCHtFvGJ-hnQ_ybzZr6ez7JiJl-hVz-s2uDSQl1kmNONMYKJAlBP9REFfWENY24qz8DcwlTpsihnncV69Ma1c44oB1F9R6Fz1rkVEAm-hVmwBjlNG-oaM6vbKDpWZHDV2_tRQ0clUPRbfeDpSNvuYvgdpW02lc-S4QGbG4vwU9YVSyg8RfqEjzeKpzM67WNVzg=w1452-h1089-no?authuser=0

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well sold the saleen a few months back and went on the hunt for something old-school. Had a 72 f100 4x4 short bed 4spd in highschool and a 78 full sized 4spd bronco about 12yrs back. Values had skyrocketed so it took me awhile to get ahold of something nice and close by that I could check out 

It's a 73 with 78/79 changed front. 351 engine, could be 400 but uncertain. Edlebrock heads and carb. Helper bags in the back. Killer stereo. All undercoated and good repaint. Couldn't be more thrilled about it. Probably ad a few little things to the interior and maybe do a freewheeling livery on it. We'll see. 

received_5699875156790069.jpeg

received_5136505133118439.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Oh ya it does drive quite nice. Nicer than my bronco I used to have. New wheels and tires for it will change alot. Might jump to 35s over the 33s. Only drove it 15miles to the DMV and back. Figuring out insurance policys for it before seeing much more highway. Don't need to rush anything especially with winter

• 4 weeks later...

...being almost a year since my LGT, ummm broke, I finally picked up something else a few weeks ago. I still have my LGT though, once it's rebuilt, my oldest son will get to drive it and eventually take it to college.

20230211_133552.jpg

Edited by Syndicate
  • Like 5

• 11 months later...

Considering getting back into a Subaru :p The truck has been nice, but I've taken care of most of my home improvement supply hauls and don't have much use aside from picking up free shit on facebook lol I figure a 5x10 trailer will be plenty for my needs if I can land a 3.6r outback. Found this one: https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/4S4BSETC6H3243517. But idk if it was just a really poor cleaning/detail job or if it got water inside at some point based on the photos. Either way, looking around for a wagon as long as I can get a good offer on the truck. Happy 2024 car hunting all!

I'm looking at getting a Ridgeline. I was dead set on a 20+ Outback XT and get a trailer. However, we have a 155lb Great Dane and he already rubs the headliner of our Forester and the Outback has 2" less headroom. The Ridgeline has a flat floor and tons of room with the back seat flipped up. 

I really didn't have any interest in one, but on our way home from the Outback test drive my wife convinced me to drive one. I was kinda irritated that I liked it. Looking at doing a lease on a 2023 RTL since they have some really good deals right now.

I have to now decide if I want to trade in the GT or sell it outright. I would much rather sell it to someone who would appreciate it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Loya1ty said:

Considering getting back into a Subaru :p The truck has been nice, but I've taken care of most of my home improvement supply hauls and don't have much use aside from picking up free shit on facebook lol I figure a 5x10 trailer will be plenty for my needs if I can land a 3.6r outback. Found this one: https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/4S4BSETC6H3243517. But idk if it was just a really poor cleaning/detail job or if it got water inside at some point based on the photos. Either way, looking around for a wagon as long as I can get a good offer on the truck. Happy 2024 car hunting all!

Too overpriced with the age + mileage in my eyes...

20 hours ago, Falcor said:

…I really didn't have any interest in one, but on our way home from the Outback test drive my wife convinced me to drive one. I was kinda irritated that I liked it. Looking at doing a lease on a 2023 RTL since they have some really good deals right now…

The Ridgeline is on a great platform. Its siblings Pilot/Passport/MDX are nice too, the SH-AWD systems give them nimble handling for their size. My wife has an MDX and her sister has a Passport. 

• Like 1

Looks like a 24 Legacy Sport for me with the turbocharged FA24 - picked it up at the end of December a few weeks after my GT met it's untimely demise at the hands of a local driver who felt that making a u-turn from the far right lane, across 2 other lanes without looking was somehow ok...  car was totaled, unfortunately.  I miss driving a standard...

I went to the Subaru dealership yesterday and I ended up ordering a 2023 WRX Limited.

I have been looking to update my cars and maybe getting rid of one of them.  I have a 2009 2.5i Outback that my daughter seems to have taken over, 2010 Legacy GT as my winter driver and my 2012 Legacy GT which I store in the winter.  I also have a 1991 GMC Syclone.  I test drove the Legacy Sport and I really liked it.  I test drove the WRX and it had the feel of my 2012 Legacy GT with an update interior.  (My GT has Eibach spring/Koni Struts, Q300, short throw shifter and tune) It was slower than '12 GT but I know with Cobb AP, the WRX will be just as fast if not faster.  The WRX should be here in 2-3 months, so I have to start selling my 2 5th Gen Legacy GT. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, dgoodhue said:

I went to the Subaru dealership yesterday and I ended up ordering a 2023 WRX Limited.

I have been looking to update my cars and maybe getting rid of one of them.  I have a 2009 2.5i Outback that my daughter seems to have taken over, 2010 Legacy GT as my winter driver and my 2012 Legacy GT which I store in the winter.  I also have a 1991 GMC Syclone.  I test drove the Legacy Sport and I really liked it.  I test drove the WRX and it had the feel of my 2012 Legacy GT with an update interior.  (My GT has Eibach spring/Koni Struts, Q300, short throw shifter and tune) It was slower than '12 GT but I know with Cobb AP, the WRX will be just as fast if not faster.  The WRX should be here in 2-3 months, so I have to start selling my 2 5th Gen Legacy GT. 

A friend of mine in KC has a '23 Limited. They are pretty nice. I got to drive it around the block. 

2 hours ago, creep_nu said:

man everyone's getting out of the game =(

My '05 broke (rear diff or center diff - horrible grinding noises in all gears), and I needed a car.. This was in 2019. Subaru had nothing I was interested in. Didn't want another LGT due to the really outdated stereo. Wife can't drive a stick and commuting SUCKS in a stick, so '10+ GTs were also out, as were STis (thought long and hard about those - but was unimpressed by the price-for-power ratio), and wasn't interested in a CVT.

Sometimes, a manufacturer just passes you by. I'd love it if I could have gotten my Stinger in the body of my LGT wagon. But, aside from maybe not-as-good AWD system, everything else in the Stinger is better, and if I'd bought out the lease (didn't due to covid), I would have paid about the same in adjusted dollars as I paid for my '05 LGT. 400+ whp with just a piggyback, no turbo upgrades required, no pipe changes, no pump upgrades, no massive engine build, etc, etc..

oh, i'm not condemning anyone or judging, it's just like graduating college when you find out that everyone you knew is suddenly going separate ways...lamenting the loss of the OGs and 2nd generation as everyone moves to different platforms. 

i'll prolly never have another subaru, nothing they make interests me and i can't see that chanigng any time in the near future, but until mine's wrecked or parts are unobtainable, i plan to keep this car.  no judgement just how i am.  i've got an automatic for daily status, and that'll change up but the LGT is staying in my stable.

On 1/28/2024 at 11:27 AM, dgoodhue said:

I went to the Subaru dealership yesterday and I ended up ordering a 2023 WRX Limited...

Congrats!  A 23 or 24?  I haven’t seen any 24s come up for sale or even to build on Subaru.com yet. I’m curious to test drive the TR but I suspect it will be too stiff for an old man commuter, lol.  I was finally happy with the legroom in this generation WRX but as expected it’s noticeably narrower than the 5th gen LGT.  Really want to get another 3 years out of my LGT…

54 minutes ago, NVAKeith said:

Congrats!  A 23 or 24?  I haven’t seen any 24s come up for sale or even to build on Subaru.com yet. I’m curious to test drive the TR but I suspect it will be too stiff for an old man commuter, lol.  I was finally happy with the legroom in this generation WRX but as expected it’s noticeably narrower than the 5th gen LGT.  Really want to get another 3 years out of my LGT…

I thought that I ordered a 2023. I looked at my pair work and apparently I ordered a 2024. (The pricing matches what is in 2024 WRX press release)

The 2024 prices were released in late December,  I do not know when Subaru  ordering opened up for 24 but they told me 2-3 months for delivery.  I would guess that March would be the earliest a 2024 would show up on the lot.

Edited by dgoodhue
  • Thanks 1