LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any word on reliability of the new engine yet? Any issues with the DI?

good question. I was wondering that myself too a few weeks ago. All I found so far while reading some subaru forums were people having glitches issues with the ECU. Haven't heard anything engine wise.

Edit: a quick google search and I found this: http://www.reddit.com/r/subaru/comments/236ens/2015_wrx_rough_idle_cel/, which led me to this https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JoeRochinski/posts/316fG8iQptd?pid=6002990473487310866&oid=106651220475139275635

Picked it up a few hours ago! Well worth the wait. The Wrx is much more comfortable than my LGT and has all kinds of gadgets that I'll need to figure out. I REALLY like the LED headlights.

I read it has the welcome lights at night if you hit the unlock button on the key fob they come on for 30 seconds. Is this true? I usually am a night owl so this feature would be handy for me in dark garages.

I've heard of two engine failures. One was a factory defect with the lifters if I remember correctly and the other one is here: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2634770. All in all it seems to be doing very well.

This is really subjective but, one rap I heard is that the car (aside from engine and exhaust) allows a lot of road noise into the cabin - any comments?

There's definitely more exhaust noise and you can hear the turbo spooling a little bit more but road noise is comparable in my opinion to what it was in my '07 LGT.

I read it has the welcome lights at night if you hit the unlock button on the key fob they come on for 30 seconds. Is this true? I usually am a night owl so this feature would be handy for me in dark garages.

I don't know about the standard or premium models, but on the limited the headlights and c-lights come on when you unlock the car. They also stay on for a short while after locking it. The WRX didn't get puddle lights though which is kind of a bummer.

I just discovered this about an hour ago. If it is dark out and you unlock it (push unlock once) the lights come on. Very nice. I must say that I miss the puddle lamps that all of the Legacies I've ever owned have had...

This is really subjective but, one rap I heard is that the car (aside from engine and exhaust) allows a lot of road noise into the cabin - any comments?

....I actually think it's too quiet. But this is me coming from a LGT...with frameless windows you know.

I've had a 2.0DIT for nearly 16 months now and have around 14,500 miles on it so far.

CEL once and went into limp mode. I forget the specific code, but it was something to do with the wastegate selonoid

Hard starting issue when went/cold/sometimes just whenever - huge thread about this on subaruforester.org I've had it into two different dealers without anything being solved, but the issue comes and goes so it's hard for a dealer to replicate it and it doesn't happen very often at all when it's warm out so I've got to wait for it to get cooler again. :spin:

It's started to develop a nasty squeaking belt or pully, but only seems to show itself on the first start of the day when we're headed to work and don't have time to stop and investigate.

Compared to my 14 WRX:

-That said, the twinscroll is quite nice. I like how quickly it hits boost as opposed to my WRX that doesn't hit boost as quickly but feels like it pulls harder once it does.

-I love the boxer rumble with the UEL headers on the 2.5 and my nameless abe. I've considered getting an exhaust for the FXT but it's a lease so I haven't been willing to spend too much and I haven't seen something used come up that has been the right price at the right time.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived