LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

SoUK (and by association all of EU, and wider Europe) get the Levorg. Thanks a lot SoA.

Even if its only in the FA16DIT or similar <2.0L FA/FB trims only...

At the start of the year, Subaru UK has also announced its exciting new model plans for 2015

which include the launch of the new Outback in March and the all new Levorg sport wagon in the Autumn.

http://www.subarumedia.co.uk/release/330/#

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SoUK (and by association all of EU, and wider Europe) get the Levorg. Thanks a lot SoA.

At the start of the year, Subaru UK has also announced its exciting new model plans for 2015

which include the launch of the new Outback in March and the all new Levorg sport wagon in the Autumn.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• I Donated
Yet another reason my next car wont be a Subaru. That twin turbo Explorer is looking better and better.

They're not bringing the Levorg here, so you're getting... something that's much larger and heavier, much higher off the ground, and thus has worse handling?

They're not bringing the Levorg here, so you're getting... something that's much larger and heavier, much higher off the ground, and thus has worse handling?

The car he is referring to is the SHO Taurus... The Explorer is just a lifted Taurus wagon....

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

• I Donated
The car he is referring to is the SHO Taurus... The Explorer is just a lifted Taurus wagon....

Still wouldn't buy a Taurus SHO after the experience a co-worker had with hers. She traded it in on a Regal GS before it was out of warranty, which is really saying something. :lol:

• I Donated
Another general question about you guys who are owning the wrx...

Have you been watching your oil consumption? How much has the engine been using between OCI if any? Just curious..

Haven't checked my oil in a little while. I should do that when it's not 0* outside. :lol:

While the Levorg is the perfect size for my needs, and is said to have very nice handling dynamics, there are some flies in the ointment. I haven't seen any manual transmission options, and so far I've only seen an FA16DIT option outside of Japan. So close, and yet so far.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Another general question about you guys who are owning the wrx...

Have you been watching your oil consumption? How much has the engine been using between OCI if any? Just curious..

Zero consumption. First Subaru engine I've had that hasn't had any usage.

I kinda wish that there was a 2015- WRX posting category, as a lot of prior LGT owners are switching to WRXs. Really, it has a near identical interior as the 3rd Gen LGT and almost the same interior and exterior dimensions. Plus, I personally love the content on these pages compared to NASIOC. Anyone else have this thought?

• I Donated
I kinda wish that there was a 2015- WRX posting category, as a lot of prior LGT owners are switching to WRXs. Really, it has a near identical interior as the 3rd Gen LGT and almost the same interior and exterior dimensions. Plus, I personally love the content on these pages compared to NASIOC. Anyone else have this thought?

Yeah, not a fan of NASIOC compared to this forum.

FYI, the 2015 WRX is actually like 6" shorter than the 4th gen LGT.

Yeah, not a fan of NASIOC compared to this forum.

FYI, the 2015 WRX is actually like 6" shorter than the 4th gen LGT.

Did not know that, they seem about the same side by side. But they feel the same behind the wheel of each, the WRX does not feel or drive like the smaller Impreza it used to be.

3rd gen or 4th gen?

It feels very large compared to my 4th... But yes, dimensions say it is like 5" shorter in length, 2" wider, 2" taller, wheelbase is about 1" shorter, and 2" wider track.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/aigochamaloh/WRX/DSC_2344_zpsb8478464.jpg

wow. This picture gives us the impression that the 4th gen is noticeably smaller than the wrx..

It really is. When I drive the Legacy once in awhile (it's sitting in the garage waiting for a turbo swap of some sort), it is a noticeable difference when I step into the car. I always think to myself "I don't remember my Legacy being this short."

• I Donated
It really is. When I drive the Legacy once in awhile (it's sitting in the garage waiting for a turbo swap of some sort), it is a noticeable difference when I step into the car. I always think to myself "I don't remember my Legacy being this short."

The extra headroom is going to be life-changing when I take this car autocrossing or to the track. I always had to gangsta-lean my seat to fit myself into my Legacys with my helmet on. Now, I'm going to have extra space!

The extra headroom is going to be life-changing when I take this car autocrossing or to the track. I always had to gangsta-lean my seat to fit myself into my Legacys with my helmet on. Now, I'm going to have extra space!

Me too, or pop my sunroof open. Helmet fits much better in the WRX.

Archived