LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated

Noticed the local dealer had a WRX in stock last Friday, and they had a $50 test drive promotion. Wanted to test drive with my fiance. Went in at 2pm and the car was fresh off the truck. Went back at 5pm with my fiance and it was sold. They also had another WRX and an STI on the lot... both already sold.

If you want a WRX, good luck. They are in seriously short supply.

Personally, I think I might be waiting for the 2016 or 2017. Here's hoping for a hatchback.

Having a 5th Gen GT with the full boost by 2800 RPM has made it a fantastic DD platform. The WRX dual scroll turbo will certainly overcome the 5th Gen's lack of HP gains at the top end.

Stage I 5th gen was quite close (dropped a few ponies on the top end) to WRX and 4th Gen Stage II. My guess is Stage I WRX with a bigger TMIC will exceed Stage II WRX/4th gen and easily get up into the grill of STI Stage II.

• 4 weeks later...

I was pretty hard on this car in terms of value when it first came out, but I have a confession.. I just ordered one.

Picked it up for $1,000 under invoice. $29k for a loaded limited was justifiable. I just love how it drives and how fast the power comes on. The flex fuel tuning that is becoming available is really cool too. Gobs of power on an otherwise completely stock car. I'm excited.

I'm with you I just ordered my 2015 WRX limited fully loaded in WR blue. It will have to be build since there aren't any anywhere. I got the auto since I live in a very high traffic commuting area which stick was not as fun as open country driving. My 06 Legacy GT manual had a great run. I will miss it. I hope it gets a great home after me. I took great care of it since I bought it brand new in 06.

Archived