LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit sad. I'm trading my 05 LGT Limited with 144,500 miles for 15 WRX Limited today. My LGT served me well for over 9 years of daily driving.

PS: Selling 05 LGT wheels with Nokian WRG3. See classified for Boston if interested.

I'm a bit sad. I'm trading my 05 LGT Limited with 144,500 miles for 15 WRX Limited today. My LGT served me well for over 9 years of daily driving.

PS: Selling 05 LGT wheels with Nokian WRG3. See classified for Boston if interested.

I felt the same when I traded my Legacy in on my 14 WRX. The feeling passed rather quickly.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I'm amazed by my 15 WRX mileage.

100 miles yesterday mostly highway but with 5-10 mins of stop and go, averaged 31.5 mpg. Highest I ever saw in my 05 LGT was 27ish pure highway.

First commute today, 50 miles round trip, lots of traffic, averaged 27.6 mpg. My LGT average was 21-22.

I was not expecting +6 mpg.

100 miles yesterday mostly highway but with 5-10 mins of stop and go, averaged 31.5 mpg. Highest I ever saw in my 05 LGT was 27ish pure highway.

First commute today, 50 miles round trip, lots of traffic, averaged 27.6 mpg. My LGT average was 21-22.

Same here. I am averaging higher than my 2009 2.5i in mixed driving, and that's pretty ridiculous. I'm not even putting around at 60 mph, I'm doing 75+ on the highway.

That's good to know. I did 80 miles today in my LGT, 50/50, and averaged 24.6....nowhere to go but up right?

• I Donated
Do you design cars for a living?

No. Do you?

I am aware that development starts years ahead of time -- usually right about when a new generation comes out for the next generation. I don't see why Subaru would have approached things any differently with the WRX. Which means they had four years to develop the base Impreza, and then an additional 2.5ish years, for a total of 6.5 years, to develop the WRX. Seems like a lot, no? Doesn't seem rushed to me...

• I Donated
BTW, i wanted to go test-drive the WRX again at the local dealership, because they're offering a $50 gift card with test drive and I wanted my fiancee to see if she could live with the car (from the passenger seat, of course). No dice. There are no WRXes or STIs that dealership, or at the next two closest dealerships. There are a couple at the fourth and fifth closest dealers... for now. But I don't think they have the $50 gift card promotion.

• I Donated
^ Looks like there's one here (http://www.herbgordonsubaru.com/new-inventory/index.htm?model=WRX&&&&) but it's pretty far from where you live I'd say.. You probably saw that one anyway.

Nah, I didn't look at that. Heritage is my local dealer, Valley Subaru and Russell Subaru are the next closest. None of them have WRXes. However, Wilkins Subaru and Bel Air/Jones Subaru do. But as I said, Heritage is the one with the $50 gift card test drive offer, and I think my fiancee wants to get paid if we go test drive one. :lol:

Nah, I didn't look at that. Heritage is my local dealer, Valley Subaru and Russell Subaru are the next closest. None of them have WRXes. However, Wilkins Subaru and Bel Air/Jones Subaru do. But as I said, Heritage is the one with the $50 gift card test drive offer, and I think my fiancee wants to get paid if we go test drive one. :lol:

:lol:

Saw a few 15's today (dealer has two WRXs and an STi) - I was surprised to see the manual getting such better mileage than the CVT (19/25 vs. 21/28) - pretty much the exact opposite of how it was with the Legacy... so the auto is slower with worse mileage - weird.

That car is screaming for different wheels. I was hoping they'd look better in person... they do not (at least not to me)

Saw a few 15's today (dealer has two WRXs and an STi) - I was surprised to see the manual getting such better mileage than the CVT (19/25 vs. 21/28) - pretty much the exact opposite of how it was with the Legacy... so the auto is slower with worse mileage - weird.

That car is screaming for different wheels. I was hoping they'd look better in person... they do not (at least not to me)

I believe reason the CVT gets lower mileage is due to SI-Drive. I can't find the post right now, but SOABlog from NASIOC stated they are required to average all three driving modes (I, S and S#) to compute the mileage. SOA expects real world mileage to be better.

There is also a youtube video of the SOA WRX driving event for journalist, explaining the mileage difference. One of the journalists recorded the presentation.

Found the video: Long but interesting video. Jump to 22:05 for the fuel economy information.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUOtkxoUus0]2015 Subaru WRX: More than Everything You Ever Wanted to Know - YouTube[/ame]

I agree with you on the wheels. Call me old fashion, but I like plain silver wheels.

The 23/30 CVT unofficial rating makes sense given that the Forester XT is rated at 23/28. I had never seen that video, it was good use of my time since I stuck out of state on business trip.

Glad you enjoyed it. I watched it while on a stair stepping machine. Forced me to stay on it til the end of the video...

It is also nice to know VTD system from the WRX can be as efficient as the Active AWD system in the Forester. My question is why is the Forester XT able to get the 23/28 (I) rating. Could it be that Subaru gambled on thinking the average Forester XT buyers will not run their cars as hard as WRX owners?

Glad you enjoyed it. I watched it while on a stair stepping machine. Forced me to stay on it til the end of the video...

It is also nice to know VTD system from the WRX can be as efficient as the Active AWD system in the Forester. My question is why is the Forester XT able to get the 23/28 (I) rating. Could it be that Subaru gambled on thinking the average Forester XT buyers will not run their cars as hard as WRX owners?

XT defaults to I mode. WRX defaults to Sport mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope, WRX does not default to sport. Mine stays in I if that's the last thing i used.

XT will always default to I regardless of what mode was last chosen. I imagine most WRX owners drive in S or S# and will rarely start the car and be welcomed by an I mode. SOA felt that way too which is why they didn't use the MPG figures from I mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived