LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

Saw the new shipment of WRX/STIs at the local Subaru dealership today. The front looks better than in pictures, with a very aggressive hood scoop. The grill looks good as well. The only thing I'm not on board with are the taillights, which look generic and out of place. Also, the standard WRX spoiler is pretty understated. That's fine with me, but WRX folk might like something more showy.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that's the first mostly negative review of the WRX's CVT that I've read.

Having driven the FXT, I can't take that article seriously. The FXT is a heavy beast, and the CVT draws up power with urgency... especially in S#. In fact, the throttle response in the FXT in stop and go is so touchy, it can be tiresome to drive in that mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• I Donated
Just stopped by my local Subaru dealership to test-drive a 2015 WRX (the one I drove was a red Premium 6MT). First of all, the new turbo setup is GREAT. Basically no lag, with better power down low than my 16G Spec.B. Secondly, the salesman said (no idea if this was true or he was trying to make a sale soon) that Subaru has closed WRX/STI ordering for the 2015 model year, as they have already sold (to dealers) all the cars they can possibly make with their current plant infrastructure for the foreseeable future. If that's true, better get your deposits down on the in-stock inventory before it's all gone!

Just stopped by my local Subaru dealership to test-drive a 2015 WRX (the one I drove was a red Premium 6MT). First of all, the new turbo setup is GREAT. Basically no lag, with better power down low than my 16G Spec.B. Secondly, the salesman said (no idea if this was true or he was trying to make a sale soon) that Subaru has closed WRX/STI ordering for the 2015 model year, as they have already sold (to dealers) all the cars they can possibly make with their current plant infrastructure for the foreseeable future. If that's true, better get your deposits down on the in-stock inventory before it's all gone!

I haven't heard a thing on my red, 2015 limited and I must say I am getting rather annoyed by this. It's been over two months. At least tell me where I am in line. I don't need an exact date. Or at the very least, a friendly e-mail that says "we haven't forgotten that we have your money."

How do you guys go about the financial part? I see the manufacture current offer 2.9%, I google the current rate are around 2.6%. I'll go check with my bank to see how much they offer. Usually how long should you go check at the bank before your car get delivery?

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

I haven't heard a thing on my red, 2015 limited and I must say I am getting rather annoyed by this. It's been over two months. At least tell me where I am in line. I don't need an exact date. Or at the very least, a friendly e-mail that says "we haven't forgotten that we have your money."

Why have you not gone online yet to look at the inventory across the country??? You post the same thing every time and then disappear till you come back and post the same thing. Go find something else and ask them to apply it to that car.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I don't know, that's why I'm asking you to ask them. :lol: Is there nothing that the GM can do for you? SOA? How far have you gone? I'd be in there in person at this point calmly and clearly stating that until someone has an answer as to what you have done with my money I am going to be here constantly. :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Why have you not gone online yet to look at the inventory across the country??? You post the same thing every time and then disappear till you come back and post the same thing. Go find something else and ask them to apply it to that car.

How?

Where are you located? Look up the dealerships around you. Most dealer websites have an inventory list.

Or go to the subaru website and go to "request a quote" and dealers will actually contact you and make you an offer on the car to try to make the sale.

Actually im looking at the page now, it actually says "view dealer inventory" as a link once you select the 2015 wrx

I knew a 2008-2010 wrx to 2011-2014 wrx design fiasco could happen again

Subaru changes up their cars every couple years so that they can keep a model for 5-8 years!

bugeye to blubeye was a big improvement, blubeye to hawkeye was an even better improvement! 2 years apart in each case.

Looks like I may try to hold out til fall 2015 to see what the 2016s may look like then...

widebody.jpg.62dc93448294dd352809ce64d2172ef7.jpg

• I Donated
Concept WRX came out in 2013. Probably didn't have enough time to implement the concept.

I very much doubt they started development of the WRX after the concept came out. It had probably been in development since shortly after they started on the 2012 Impreza. The concept was likely put out there for two reasons -- one, they wanted to gauge some styling stuff they were doing, and two, people were getting impatient and the WRX mechanical development was behind schedule.

Also from a carryover ej25 on the Sti standpoint, I think it was rushed too

I thought it was fairly well established that they did that for race teams and the like who would not want to wait for new-design parts to come out?

Archived