2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
And?

Impression?

I love it. Everything about how it drives and feels is perfect for me. Instant throttle response and great low-end power (still in break-in, so haven't tested top-end); good ride/handling tradeoff for my purposes; shifter is super slick even without the short-throw; the multifunction display is very useful; great seats; lots of headroom (my 6'6" boss fits way better in the passenger seat than in my Spec.B); taller trunk means more usable room. Just wish it was a hatchback!

Lightning red looks amazing. Bought one a few months ago myself.

Coming from the 08 LGT there is a huge improvement in the handling. Almost no body roll, the suspension is stiff and even the stock tires on a dry or wet pavement hold up very very well. I'm a little concerned with the DI engine, I currently am rolling with Rotella but no one really has a definitive answer as to how well it will work in the FA20DIT.

Twin scroll turbo is very nice, boost seems to be much quicker and much more level throughout.

Overall, I miss the LGT but the new WRX is a fantastic piece of engineering (except the 6speed transmission...they did an atrocious job with that).

I love it. Everything about how it drives and feels is perfect for me. Instant throttle response and great low-end power (still in break-in, so haven't tested top-end); good ride/handling tradeoff for my purposes; shifter is super slick even without the short-throw; the multifunction display is very useful; great seats; lots of headroom (my 6'6" boss fits way better in the passenger seat than in my Spec.B); taller trunk means more usable room. Just wish it was a hatchback!

^Good to hear. Makes me want to go buy one now. And yes, I wish they'd sell a hatchback version.

Coming from the 08 LGT there is a huge improvement in the handling. Almost no body roll, the suspension is stiff and even the stock tires on a dry or wet pavement hold up very very well. I'm a little concerned with the DI engine, I currently am rolling with Rotella but no one really has a definitive answer as to how well it will work in the FA20DIT.

Twin scroll turbo is very nice, boost seems to be much quicker and much more level throughout.

Overall, I miss the LGT but the new WRX is a fantastic piece of engineering (except the 6speed transmission...they did an atrocious job with that).

^So you still miss the LGT? What aspect of it do you miss then?

General questions to you folks who own a wrx: do you guys have some kind of software that can monitor ecu parameters like romraider or the bttsm app one of our fellow member designed?

That's what I heard and the 5 speed in the LGT wasn't that great and I had the STI short shift and bushings. I wouldn't go to a wrX 6 speed with fear of that. I imagine the 15 STI has a better setup for 6 speed but the 8 speed cvt is so much fun. Of course the track scene the STI would be better. I DD mines in traffic

^So you still miss the LGT? What aspect of it do you miss then?

Yeah I definitely still miss it. I am not sure if it's pure nostalgia or what, but I loved the fact the LGT combined creature comforts with performance. My WRX lacks the interior that the LGT had in my opinion. I think it's a massive improvement over the last gen WRX but still feels and looks cheap.

And I still enjoy the looks of the 08-09 LGT far more than the current WRX.

• I Donated
My WRX lacks the interior that the LGT had in my opinion. I think it's a massive improvement over the last gen WRX but still feels and looks cheap.

I disagree. I think the 2015 WRX interior is as good as or better than the LGT one. Heck, much of the stuff (armrest and rear of console, sunroof controls, etc.) is identical. And the electronics are far better on the WRX, as they should be on a 6-10 year newer car.

I disagree. I think the 2015 WRX interior is as good as or better than the LGT one. Heck, much of the stuff (armrest and rear of console, sunroof controls, etc.) is identical. And the electronics are far better on the WRX, as they should be on a 6-10 year newer car.

Agreed. Everything in the WRX is much softer to the touch than my Legacy. Still has rattles though, especially in the rear decklid, since it's plastic compared to the cloth covered one in the Legacy. Nothing some padding under the plastic couldn't fix.

I ordered and turned down my '15 WRX largely because I also felt the interior was cheap feeling... Between the cheap interior, rattles, awfully notchy gear box and rough ride, I decided it wasn't what I wanted in a daily driver. Great performer though, for sure.

An pay German maintenance as well. Sorry but I'm not going to put $2-4k in maintenance bills for a car ever again

This, and while I got a GTI, I won't own it out of warranty. I have car ADD bad. I'll probably buy a Golf R next year if it really shows up with a manual and a sportwagen option.

I'd only get one with a warranty so repairs would be covered but still pretty much a terrible choice but the S4 is so pretty!

I'm sort of over the whole 'waiting for my Legacy to blow up' thing.

But a warranty is only part. You still have to get it to the dealer for warranty service. As they say on Car talk, "Life is short, don't buy a German car". Still, there is a Porsche 911 in my future someday.

^ Bump. Interested to know if any of you has been trying to read ecu parameters..

There has been a little progress on that front as far as I know. Guys over on the RomRaider forums have been making some headway...http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10538

.... I loved the fact the LGT combined creature comforts with performance. My WRX lacks the interior that the LGT had in my opinion. I think it's a massive improvement over the last gen WRX but still feels and looks cheap.

I ordered and turned down my '15 WRX largely because I also felt the interior was cheap feeling... Between the cheap interior, rattles, awfully notchy gear box and rough ride, I decided it wasn't what I wanted in a daily driver.

I have to say I was disappointed too. I spend a bit of time in BR9 Legacies and it's a nice place to sit. I was expecting the new STi to be at least as nice as that. While the new car handles a treat, the interior is just not up to snuff. Sure, it's a lot nicer than my '08 WRX to look at, but the quality and finish is just inferior to the Legacy in every way, despite the 5th gen being now five years old. Not good enough Subaru!

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

^ Yes, it does. Looks way nicer than the outgoing model. However, this impression only lasts until you look at anything real hard or you hit the starter. Then you realize it's new lipstick on a very familiar pig.

On the upside, the suspension is as good as a GV with all the bushings done already, and stiffer sways added. The new faster steering rack is the icing on that cake. The turbo has a slightly larger turbine in it which makes the top-end better, but then again, who keeps the stock turbo on an STi? Stock throttle mapping is horrible BTW.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived