LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

Sure. Why should this generation be any different in this respect? That the WRX and STi are further apart in spec levels than ever before just makes this end all the more inevitable.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated

C&D came out with a long-term test update:

http://m.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-subaru-wrx-manual-long-term-test-10k-update-review

No problems reported.

Today also marks one month since I picked up my car. Just over 2100 miles in that time period. Still loving it. Although I would like to figure out if there are any extendable sun visors I could swap in.

C&D came out with a long-term test update:

http://m.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-subaru-wrx-manual-long-term-test-10k-update-review

No problems reported.

Today also marks one month since I picked up my car. Just over 2100 miles in that time period. Still loving it. Although I would like to figure out if there are any extendable sun visors I could swap in.

Can you swap in a junkyard set of 4G LGT visors?

I got a set of sunglasses from Subaru as a result of my waiting for my car to arrive. These have become my driving sunglasses $200. They weren't bad but I couldn't see myself buying $200 sunglasses so thank you Subaru. These replaced the need for the visor extensions I lost in my legacy

the 14FXT has visors that pull out. I was thinking about seeing if they fit in my 14 WRX.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I could try that. Would have to dye them black though.

Or just re-wrap them in a black fabric, like you were re-wrapping your headliner. If it turns out well, nobody would know the difference. If you're not confident in your own DIY abilities, take it to an upholstery shop and have them do it, or just get a set of '14 FXT visors that are almost guaranteed to fit

Not confused, but you reminded me again how Subaru shafted us! :D
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Yeah I started a thread of what I read too but the thread didnt go anywhere lol

for now, its just updated LED front bumper

2015-subaru-impreza-5-door-front-action1-600-001.jpg

• I Donated

I don't believe the Impreza will be redesigned for 2016 either. It just got a facelift for 2015. Rare for manufacturers to facelift a car and then come out with a full redesign a year later, and even rarer when it's selling as well as the Impreza.

Also, with the exception of the third-gen Impreza (2008-2011) and the very delayed WRX, Subaru has been on a five-year model cycle for all of their cars for a while. The first-gen Impreza was out for 8 years, but the Legacy and Forester have always been on a 5-year rotation, and the Impreza was on a 5-year cycle from 2002-2007. I bet, since the Forester is based on the Impreza platform, they modified the Impreza's cycle so that a redesigned Forester wasn't coming out the year after the redesigned Impreza, as it did in 2003 and 2009.

My guess is they will come out with a new Impreza in 2017. I have seen other online sources that say that too. And that would stick with the 5-year cycle. Of course, one wonders what they're going to do with the WRX. Will a new one come out in 2017, or will they stagger its release like they do with the Forester?

I also wonder if they will continue offering the EJ in the sti..

I have a feeling they will not offer the EJ in the STI in 2016. Subaru has to figure out how to reliably squeak power more out of the FA engine before giving it to their customers who may be using it for racing applications, and that's a tough call for the engine's first year. Not to mention they're winding down the EJ's lifecycle. No need for (2) turbo 4-cylinder engines in a car manufacturer's stable, especially one as small as Subaru

Oh oops, thought that was the 2016 concept vehicle. Hope I didn't make anyone too confused.

Go back to where you came from Junior Member, you're drunk.

Yes... That concept was awesome and I hate Subaru for not putting anything from that in to the new WRX or Legacies.

Archived