LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

I'm past 10K on mine and it has been great so far. Better than any EJ I've had, doesn't burn a drop of oil for once.

Were you really burning oil on an EJ in the first 10k? :eek:

I'm on my 3rd EJ and 1st DIT. So far the EJ has been more reliable/fewer issues, and only one of my EJ engines burned a bit of oil, but with 235k that was to be expected.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Were you really burning oil on an EJ in the first 10k? :eek:

I'm on my 3rd EJ and 1st DIT. So far the EJ has been more reliable/fewer issues, and only one of my EJ engines burned a bit of oil, but with 235k that was to be expected.

Yea, my NA EJ has burned oil since day one. I'm at least a quart low around 4000 miles. I don't understand how Subaru wants a 7500 miles OCI on these. Other EJ's (turbo) I've worked on also burn oil, never actually saw an EJ that didn't, but of course, I can't generalize that experience for everyone.

Literally, the only cars I've worked on that didn't burn oil EVER are Honda's 4 cylinder engines.

That being said, my NA EJ has been bulletproof. I've done nothing to my Legacy other than change fluids and the belts/plugs as I passed 100K. Hopefully I can say the same for the WRX as time goes on.

Yea, my NA EJ has burned oil since day one. I'm at least a quart low around 4000 miles. I don't understand how Subaru wants a 7500 miles OCI on these. Other EJ's (turbo) I've worked on also burn oil, never actually saw an EJ that didn't, but of course, I can't generalize that experience for everyone.

Literally, the only cars I've worked on that didn't burn oil EVER are Honda's 4 cylinder engines.

That being said, my NA EJ has been bulletproof. I've done nothing to my Legacy other than change fluids and the belts/plugs as I passed 100K. Hopefully I can say the same for the WRX as time goes on.

stage 1 on Rotella T6. Not burning a single drop between changes.

• 2 weeks later...

4,500 miles and so far I like it. Winter set up is 2011 Enkei STi wheels as shown. Premium model with Nav/Harmon Kardon package and 6mt.

Mods so far: perrin brass shifter bushing, cosworth panel filter, stoptech street performance pads, stoptech stainless lines, motul RBF600 fluid.

wrx.jpg.826e762dc4c5d452ed5d64c74195767e.jpg

wrx3.jpg.ae4ad40fc2d0b9fea52d9f393e77d407.jpg

4,500 miles and so far I like it. Winter set up is 2011 Enkei STi wheels as shown. Premium model with Nav/Harmon Kardon package and 6mt.

Mods so far: perrin brass shifter bushing, cosworth panel filter, stoptech street performance pads, stoptech stainless lines, motul RBF600 fluid.

What tires u using for the winter?

How do you like the power band and what did you drive before that?

How do you like the power band and what did you drive before that?

1. Chalk drawing is work of my 5 and 8 year old girls...kind of like my own Nurburgring. ;)

2. Tires are Cooper RS3-A all season tires. Actually plan on using them all year and use stock wheels and tires for tracking and/or curvy road runs.

3. Previous cars in last several years...02 wrx, 05 legacy gt, 09 legacy, 12 GTI...now 15 wrx.

4. Powerband...basically everything on the inter webs is correct. Boost comes on strong then flattens off. Lag is less so than ej however gti still is the benchmark for instant boost in my opinion. Otherwise I generally like the powerband. Rarely have to downshift on highway because it can generate boost just under 2k rpm. I give the power train maybe an 8 out of 10. Chassis and handling is strong 9 out of 10.

No problems to report and it hasn't used a drop of oil. Happy with it.

I just drove a 15 today. I agree, it pulls a bit harder down lower than my 14, but I knew it would since it has a twin scroll. It pairs quite well with the 6 speed. The Shifter felt good, better than the 14, but drivability is nicer with the previous 5 speed. The extra gear was noticeable around town required an extra shift more often than I would have liked.

Overall I still prefer the 2.5, although I like the 2.0 DIT paired with a manual more than with the CVT.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Compare the failures to the number of engines produced. There's always a risk of something going wrong.

If we start seeing the same failure over and over again - then there's something wrong, but before a pattern arises it can as well be random chance.

453747.png

• 5 weeks later...
Test drove a 2015 WRX with the CVT, because all of the 6MT's were still gift wrapped from the factory...lol. Pulls really hard and does not feel at all like a CVT. Subaru did a great job with that transmission programming. Going to test drive and buy a 6MT 2015 WRB Pearl WRX tomorrow :wub::wub:

• I Donated

Wait, I didn't update this thread???

WRX: ordered. :D

Base model, Lightning Red, Homelink mirror, all-weather mats, cargo tray, wheel locks. Ordered it on the 3rd, due in by the end of January. Got it at my local dealer for invoice price (actually, $1 under invoice; the salesman goofed :lol:). I'm thinking the OTD price will be around $27,700. VON has been assigned, but no VIN yet.

Wait, I didn't update this thread???

WRX: ordered. :D

Base model, Lightning Red, Homelink mirror, all-weather mats, cargo tray, wheel locks. Ordered it on the 3rd, due in by the end of January. Got it at my local dealer for invoice price (actually, $1 under invoice; the salesman goofed :lol:). I'm thinking the OTD price will be around $27,700. VON has been assigned, but no VIN yet.

oh wow. What you gonna do with your leggy?

side note: did anybody see this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6o2rz3w83Y]NEW RECORD: AMS Equipped 2015 Subaru STI Runs 9.681@147.39mph! - YouTube[/ame]

You will like the new WRX. I have about 6K on mine and it has been great. Absolute blast to drive. I have had one ticket in 25 years of driving but find myself driving often in ways that might get attention from the law...no racing(flames) but going around corners fast and driving on curvy country roads looking for fun turns. No real issues so far except for a few interior rattles here and there and the gas cap door gets stuck(tsb). I put the Perrin shifter bushing in and it is worth doing for $25...makes it a little more direct. I put stoptech stainless lines in, new motul fluid, and stoptech pads and the brakes are strong and never fade. I have the Harmon Kardon nav/audio and it really sounds good for a factory system. My only dislikes are no ski pass through for back seat and paint chips easily on front bumper.

Archived