LegacyGT.com

What failed on your Second Generation Subaru today?

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the run down on the main bearing noise, I'll listen for it. I am thinking I am just hearing the exhaust leak. Performance is so far pretty solid. I have on an off CEL's for misfire on and an alarming knock like noise when the engine is very cold. the 10krpm over rev the other day did NOT help, if there is a problem...

I threw an IAC code and sometimes my car shuts off when I come to a stop..replaced the IAC sensor and still does it....any input?

Did u reset ur engine error code after u replaced it? If not try taking either battery terminal cable off for about 15-20 min. Put it back on and start the car. This should clear any and all codes ur car has.

Did u reset ur engine error code after u replaced it? If not try taking either battery terminal cable off for about 15-20 min. Put it back on and start the car. This should clear any and all codes ur car has.

let it idle for a while, let it get up to temp as well. resetting the ecu is easy, but getting a good starting data trail is a good thing.

I think part of my shifter linkage broke. I haven't had time to look into fixing it at all like I planned and now it's worse. I'm starting to have a hard time getting the shifter around and getting it through the gears. It's worse when I'm stopped...

This, my left front axel, my exhaust, my oil leak, and my door latch still need to be replace. I also think that my steering rack is shot. There's a noticable clunk when turning the wheel left to right and right to left. I can also here and feel a weird shift in the rack somewhere when I grab the left wheel and use to some muscle to shift it back and forth. It doesn't do it when I do that with the right wheel though..

Hopped in my 95 leggy ob started shifting hard on some "touge" runs going to work lol and my shift linkage bushing busted and the return springs. So now when I put the car in 1st I can ouch it to the right and looks like its in 5th. Sloppy shifting to the extreme smh

Well... I can't even get into second gear anymore. It shift into the slot but it won't go into gear. I can feel it hitting the gear but it won't go in.

ugh...

Check ur fluids in the tranny. It can be quite a few things. Ur bushings, clutch, fluids, or even the tranny itself.... What u can do is bypass 2nd gear by redlining 1st and jump into 3rd lol. But y? Good luck man hope u figure it out

The problem is most like the linkage.. I do go straight from 1st to 3rd. But sometimes that doesnt work because the shifter refuses to go forward into 3rd. So thenI have to go to 4th... I am going to try and put it on the lift tomorrow and take a look at it when I do all of my work to it.

If the problem isnt with the linkage its with the trans

just an fyi you cannot mix tire sizes on a subaru. All 4 tires must have the same tread wear and should be the same tread pattern.

I'm fully aware I already have 205/55/15 in the front. That's what I always drive in all my cars. But thanx for letting me kno.

I'm fully aware I already have 205/55/15 in the front. That's what I always drive in all my cars. But thanx for letting me kno.

Are they also new? If they have 1-2k more miles there is a very good chance they could mess with you diff.

I see no reason not to run a smaller sidewall tire as long as they have the correct load rating. The shorter sidewall will improve handling.

Are they also new? If they have 1-2k more miles there is a very good chance they could mess with you diff.

I see no reason not to run a smaller sidewall tire as long as they have the correct load rating. The shorter sidewall will improve handling.

I just got the front 2 tires my last pay check and now getting the next 2 later. And I only drive my car to and from work which is combined 8 miles. So it's def not close to 1-2k lol. So I'll be fine. Its hard to buy everything I need in one shot when I'm the only one in the house who pays all the bills and has to get my son his needs.

I just got the front 2 tires my last pay check and now getting the next 2 later. And I only drive my car to and from work which is combined 8 miles. So it's def not close to 1-2k lol. So I'll be fine. Its hard to buy everything I need in one shot when I'm the only one in the house who pays all the bills and has to get my son his needs.

I hear you, being in college does the same thing to me.

Archived