LegacyGT.com

05-09 LGT Gas Mileage

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find that the dash computer varies depending on driving conditions. It seems the steadier the drive the more accurate. For daily commuting if the computer says 25.5 then I can realistically expect somewhere in the 24s. The most accurate it has ever been was on a road trip, computer said 30.9 and actual was 30.4. The whole time i was cruising right around 68-69mph, so just before boost played a factor. 100% stock and 162k miles.

I find that the dash computer varies depending on driving conditions. It seems the steadier the drive the more accurate. For daily commuting if the computer says 25.5 then I can realistically expect somewhere in the 24s. The most accurate it has ever been was on a road trip, computer said 30.9 and actual was 30.4. The whole time i was cruising right around 68-69mph, so just before boost played a factor. 100% stock and 162k miles.

I've been told this variation suggests you need injector cleaner :)

Ej207, OEM display:

I'm currently at 27mpg(66mi on the trip), about 70% highway. On the other trip, 990mi/24.6mpg(last week it was around 24.9 but went down after messing around with my friend's Saab on the highway).

The best I've seen was during warm weather, where the best I got was 30mpg going to work(steady ~60mph, no stops just slowed down at some intersections). During cold weather, it tanks. I think the best I got was around 21mpg and it was around 30F.

I don't know if it's because my car needs an alignment(pulls to the left, slightly though), or it's just inherently the AWD drivetrain, but I have a hard time coasting(downhill) without losing speed. Besides in the mountains, the best it'll do is maintain speed...otherwise it's slowing down. My Accord and Civic, on the other hand, would gain speed on those same downhills.

Ej207, OEM display:

I'm currently at 27mpg(66mi on the trip), about 70% highway. On the other trip, 990mi/24.6mpg(last week it was around 24.9 but went down after messing around with my friend's Saab on the highway).

The best I've seen was during warm weather, where the best I got was 30mpg going to work(steady ~60mph, no stops just slowed down at some intersections). During cold weather, it tanks. I think the best I got was around 21mpg and it was around 30F.

I don't know if it's because my car needs an alignment(pulls to the left, slightly though), or it's just inherently the AWD drivetrain, but I have a hard time coasting(downhill) without losing speed. Besides in the mountains, the best it'll do is maintain speed...otherwise it's slowing down. My Accord and Civic, on the other hand, would gain speed on those same downhills.

I've noticed the same with mine. Mine will lose speed while coasting much faster than any other car I've ever had. The only thing I can think is the greater amount of rotating mass we have in our cars drive train.

I've noticed the same with mine. Mine will lose speed while coasting much faster than any other car I've ever had. The only thing I can think is the greater amount of rotating mass we have in our cars drive train.

I think mine coast pretty well. I will say my wagon seems to coast better of the two cars. Even compared to the Civic.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I think mine coast pretty well. I will say my wagon seems to coast better of the two cars. Even compared to the Civic.

Then maybe I have an issue. I've wondered for a while if I didn't have something wrong.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Since I've bought my legacy gt my computer says I have gotten 23.1 mpg. That's over about 5500 miles and mostly winter with winter blend gas and a lot of warming the car up.

So I'd imagine I can get a couple more mpg in the spring/summer.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

I live about 2 miles from work and have to stop at the post office which is a 5 mile trip total daily. I get about 17.4 consistently with AP installed set fro and running 93 octane. I do not get on it at all, just once in a while. For the most part I drive like I have an egg under my right foot and I have the stop lights timed for least stops.

Fuelly is telling me 23 MPG on my Stock 08 Legacy GT. Most of those miles are from being on cruise control at around 70 on the freeway, it starts to dip down to 19-21 if I'm rolling around the city a lot.

My office moved and now my commute has changed from mostly highway to a couple miles of stop and go stoplight traffic.

I get about 18.5-19.5 miles/gallon, maybe 19.5 if I drive like a real grandma. Pretty much the city mileage EPA estimate. Again, this is city MPG only.

My office moved and now my commute has changed from mostly highway to a couple miles of stop and go stoplight traffic.

I get about 18.5-19.5 miles/gallon, maybe 19.5 if I drive like a real grandma. Pretty much the city mileage EPA estimate. Again, this is city MPG only.

Make sure you take the car out on the highway every now and then to get the oil hot enough to boil the water out of it. You may want to shorten you OCI too.

What oil are you running ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I was easy on the gas over the weekend and today and put it in "I" mode which supposed to give better mpg. I was able to average 26.4 mpg mixed highway and city. Probably 70% highway going around 75-80 and rest city. Before that average 23.1 mpg driving in sport mostly.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Archived