LegacyGT.com

05-09 LGT Gas Mileage

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far in my ~1 week of owning my '08 LGT 5eat, I have average 27mpg. Driving consists of a fair mix of highway and backroads, with a little stop & go city mixed in. All in Sport mode too. I do tend to drive a bit conservatively.

I was hoping that I could bank on 24mpg so I've been pleasantly surprised thus far.

I could see 29 mpg in the midwest or something where it is completely flat. In the northeast I don't see how that could be possible really unless going 55-60 or so.

Does the spec B get better gas mileage having the 6th gear?

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

I have had my LGT since new 46k miles now. Stg 2 for a while. Lifetime avg according to the computer is 21mpg. Usual hwy is 29mpg.

I could see 29 mpg in the midwest or something where it is completely flat. In the northeast I don't see how that could be possible really unless going 55-60 or so.

Does the spec B get better gas mileage having the 6th gear?

I would see that number for a short time when I filled up in VT and drove 23 miles on state roads at 50-55mph then got onthe highway rt 91 south for a short distance. Then the hills kick in and the mpg at 70-72mph will drop.

He's in Ohio, so I'm guessing it's pretty flat.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

With my driving of about 85% street and 15% highway I get between 15.5 and high 17s on a weekly basis. Over the thousands of miles that the other trip meter is at it shows 17mpg.

Like I've said before... In the street is sucks gas like an SUV, but on the highway I've gotten up to 30mpg. My car is stock with 5EAT.

I did notice something that I hadn't realized before. On these low profile tires you can't really tell when they are a little low in pressure, but it makes a big difference in gas mileage if they are low.

• 1 year later...
I live about 2 miles from work and have to stop at the post office which is a 5 mile trip total daily. I get about 17.4 consistently with AP installed set fro and running 93 octane. I do not get on it at all, just once in a while. For the most part I drive like I have an egg under my right foot and I have the stop lights timed for least stops.

Well now that I found out that I had a plugged exhaust system and fixed it, I'm getting 20-21 mpg all city driving.

Man, quoting myself makes me feel really important;)

Might as well bump this up to the top again.

I've gotten up to 34 a few times, but it's super rare.

I generally get around 26 mpg in the city, and I can get 28-29 mpg with cruise on at 70mph.

Terrain is Michigan, so not extremely flat, but not too hilly either.

• 6 months later...
wow! i need to tune mine up looks like. i have 05 obxt, it was wifes car before she got a van and 100% city driving she would average ~17mpg. now last few months i've been driving it and wola ~14mpg city (san francisco lots of hils:()

but here is fun fact last time i went up to ski, i got 16mpg hightway going up to tahoe (90-95mph up hill) and only 22 or so going down.

the car is stock with exception of bigger tires 225/50/18 5eat, running 5-30 mobil1.

i'm thinking new plugs, maybe AT fluid? rear diff fluid, air filter.. anything else? and what kind of fluids for AT / diff?

Get that Mobil 1 out of there and get some good oil in there and you will be a happier lgt owner

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Stage 2 spec B and last tank I got 22.5 and it's basically all highway.

Changing rear wheel bearings, spark plugs, and doing all the timing belt stuff here in a week or so so I assume that will make a difference.

You must have a heavy foot. My Stage 2 Cobb AP Spec B got over 27mpg on the dash last weekend on the drive up and back from VT.

The wagon is doing better now that its getting warmer out, dash is reading 25.8mpg today, filled the tank Monday night, it has about 102 miles on this tank.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You must have a heavy foot. My Stage 2 Cobb AP Spec B got over 27mpg on the dash last weekend on the drive up and back from VT.

The wagon is doing better now that its getting warmer out, dash is reading 25.8mpg today, filled the tank Monday night, it has about 90 miles on this tank.

Just a downpipe, and uppipe here. But I'm getting about 20-21 currently being stuck in traffic (pure stop and go) for about 60-65 % of my time. At 22 miles each way. Trips I near 30mpg @ about 65-75 mph. If I can just hit the hwy on the way to work and not deal with much getting up to speed and slamming on the brakes, the I usually average about 24. I think my lifetime average over about 60k miles is near 22.

Basically the tl:Dr is I've hit about every spectrum of the epa numbers and above. I haven't spent much time below 20 mpg.

I just did an all highway mpg test for about 80 miles, and I saw the best mpg ive ever seen in my car at 28.2. Id say on a regular basis I average between 22 and 24 under normal driving conditions. It really depends on how you drive the car, the milage, and the tune in my opinion

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I just did an all highway mpg test for about 80 miles, and I saw the best mpg ive ever seen in my car at 28.2. Id say on a regular basis I average between 22 and 24 under normal driving conditions. It really depends on how you drive the car, the milage, and the tune in my opinion

Nice man, yea i take it pretty easy on mine. dont really boost often at least until i get a safe protune, which will be in a couple weeks

The wagon is doing better now that its getting warmer out, dash is reading 25.8mpg today, filled the tank Monday night, it has about 102 miles on this tank.

Not really. Every now and then yea but I mainly just drive back and forth to work everyday which is about 40miles one way with almost all highway.

Archived