LegacyGT.com

05-09 LGT Gas Mileage

Yeah give it a shot, just be careful not to get carried away with the boost. You are still trying to save gas after all, I'm not saying punching the throttle will give you better mileage or anything lol. Play around with it, just try kissing the power band a little bit, still gently roll on and off the throttle. I find it works better than trying to grandma-drive the thing keeping it under 2500RPM all the time, I've never had much luck driving it too easy. You're relying purely on the power of the engine at that point, which honestly isn't that much to be pulling around such weight and all those extra AWD parts. The turbo gives these cars a big power advantage, and if used lightly helps out a lot.

Also using cruise depends on where you're driving. If you are out in the plains of the midwest or in Florida on flat ground cruise would probably help because it maintains a steady throttle. But anywhere with hills it actually tends to do the opposite, the car is trying so hard to stay at a specific speed that it will slowly hum along till it starts losing speed up a hill or whatever, then has no choice but to use more gas to get up that hill. If it's a steep one the car can actually hit the gas pretty hard just trying to keep the speed up. While controlling it yourself you can see the hill coming and build up a little extra speed early to help carry you up it, then let off a little if you know the hill is ending soon or whatever. The cruise cannot predict such things so it will just hammer the gas until it gets over the hill, and when it starts to go too fast it will just let back off instantly. Cruise control does not employ any predictive or smart driving strategy, instead it just does everything in its power to make sure you stay at that one set speed.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City: 18-20mpg

Highway: 28-31mpg

Mods: Big 16g, up pipe, 2.5" catted downpipe, stock exhaust, inlet, stock airbox/filter, Crank Pulley, 07 WRX SMF, custom tune.

I got those numbers even with VF40 and my custom tune ;).

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

covertrussian, you are not allowed to post in this thread ;).

I ignored it for a while for that reason :lol:. But seeing how many responses it has in one spot, it's basically a database, figured I would add another data point, showing that these cars can get above 25mpg :lol:

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived