LegacyGT.com

05-09 LGT Gas Mileage

the oneup racks have become quite popular, but at nearly $300 per tray fugetaboutit!
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember my mpg changing much when I had the Thule ski box on the wagons. All 3 of mine have had the box on during winter months since my 1998 GT wagon. Yes the noise with the sunroof open was bad.

I have also bought the sedan mount kit so I can move the ski box forward enough so I can open the rear hatch and not have the wing hit the box.

The rack whistles so I don't use it much during the summer.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I don't remember my mpg changing much when I had the Thule ski box on the wagons. All 3 of mine have had the box on during winter months since my 1998 GT wagon. Yes the noise with the sunroof open was bad.

I have also bought the sedan mount kit so I can move the ski box forward enough so I can open the rear hatch and not have the wing hit the box.

The rack whistles so I don't use it much during the summer.

I am pretty sure there's a huge difference of wind resistance between having a ski box vs. mtb bikes on the roof.

In two years of mixed highway daily work commutes I get about 10.6 liters per hundred. Mixed.

Conversion math equals about 23 mpg mixed.

Stage 2 for 5 years now. Stock turbo.

NOT the end of the world. I could be driving a truck.

what kind of driving you do? I'm rarely in stop and go traffic, my car is constantly moving.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

today, 155.3 miles dash reads 26.4mpg since post #91 above. MPG may be a bit better, but I had to stop by Home Depot yesterday and got some home improvement stuff. lol

There is this nice chacane with a long up hill after it off Buckland st, its fun to go to WOT while taking it...into the parking lot. When leaving there is this long wall by another store, it's fun to rev and hear the sound.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

what kind of driving you do? I'm rarely in stop and go traffic, my car is constantly moving.

My commute is about 45 minutes brisk city driving, and 15 minutes of pure highway. It's about 50kms long and takes me an hour to do.

And I've never babied my car, ever. She gets romped on every day.:cool:

I get around 21 in strictly suburban driving and 26-26.5 on the highway (flat terrain @ 65-70 average).

My longterm average is around 22.5 MPG. In the few months I've had the car, my car's trip computer has been almost in complete agreement with my manual calculations. I generally take it pretty easy around town, but have gone on a few "harder" road trips to the twisties.

Dash is reading 24.9 this AM when I got to work, this is the same tank full since post 91. I guess running it through the gears this AM while entering the on ramp from the stop light with no one in front of me is not good for mpg.:)

Went to HD and BJ's on the way home last night. It's been over 318 miles on this tank full, I'll fill it tonight after more stops on the way home.

24.6mpg on my way in this afternoon. :cool:

my 30 mile drive to work is just that. 50-60mph with a few lights mixed in.

Bought my car new in '05. Mileage has always been

consistent for conditions. Get's cold here, so city driving in winter (all stop & go) has always been 17-18 mpg. Same deal in warm months 18-19 mpg. Much better for road trips. Just got back from a 1700 mile all interstate round trip (did include about 75 in-city miles).

Drove 5mph over the speed limit over three states (speed limit in North Dakota is 75, limit in Minnesota 70 and Wisconsin limit 65). Averaged 27.1 mpg for the trip.

Well, I guess I can say that I got 25.5 mpg on a 180 mile trip a month and half ago. At the end of the trip (180 miles later), I was averaging 24.3 I think. So I do get OK mileage at times.

I should add that I achieved these figures with a 100-120 lbs subwoofer cabinet in the trunk+various tools+cross bars+ one passenger in the car. And I was driving around 67 mph average.

Totally depends how RPM's when driving. I will average anywhere from low 10's to high 20's.

When I first went stage 2 I thought something was wrong....turns out I was just having more fun! :)

Archived