LegacyGT.com

05-09 LGT Gas Mileage

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After 145 miles since fulling up two nights ago, the dash is reading 24.0 mpg. That's after a run to Willimantic (18-20miles) last night and showing a early 90's Mustang GT how slow he was today.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators

Byron, first of all--you get some of the best MPGs around. I think that has a lot to do with the combination of the 5MT and your tune...props.

Second--do you manually calculate your mileage as well? How does it compare to the dash readout?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I have in the past, and the dash is optimistic. I figure the dash reads abouit .6 -.8 to the positive side.

So my real world is currently about 23.5mpg.

I also drive at 65-70mph for most of my DD into work. Going home is a little bit faster some times.

I do also coast a lot, as much as a mile or at a time. Once on the way to work then once on the way home most day's.

I have asked my Tuner about why I get such good mpg, he's not really sure either but the tune is good.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I have in the past, and the dash is optimistic. I figure the dash reads abouit .6 -.8 to the positive side.

So my real world is currently about 23.5mpg.

I also drive at 65-70mph for most of my DD into work. Going home is a little bit faster some times.

I do also coast a lot, as much as a mile or at a time. Once on the way to work then once on the way home most day's.

I have asked my Tuner about why I get such good mpg, he's not really sure either but the tune is good.

Pretty much exactly what I'm seeing. Only difference is I'm Infamous OTS stage 1. I have noticed that the mpg display is limited to changes of 0.3 mpg.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

My 05 with a VF40 and conservative tune gets 22.5 MPG in city driving. On the highway I have gotten 27 MPG twice. Once in Kentucky, and once going from Dillion, CO back to Kansas City. The Colorado trip was a huge elevation drop, so I can't take credit.

Like I said my tune is very conservative, no additional boost.

Normal highway driving is 25-26 MPG.

• I Donated Too

in an ideal world the answer is because performance and efficiency are two sides of the same coin.

Got to work today same tank full from Jul 31, dash is reading 24.5mpg,the mileage is about 300. This tank has had more backroad trips then normal.

I should have got gas before Saturday night. Drove by the Sunoco by the house about diner time, 93 was $3.94, came back by about 8:20PM it was $4.00.

Filled the tank today, $4.00 a gallon GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

328 miles, 14.64 gallons = 22.40mpg. I took the back roads home from work yesterday (26 miles), there was a traffic warning on the highway. The weather was nice, so it was nice to run the car through the gears a few times and clean the carbon out of her.

I should add the dash read 23.7mpg when I got home last night. I didn't not check it before I filled up this AM. I started the car, roll down the driveway into the street. It's about a 1.5 drive to the gas station. Most of that is up hill.

just got back from NC, 5hr trip. wagon loaded with luggage and 2 bikes on the hitch I averaged 24.6mpg. oh....and I'm at 204k now
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

used to have a roof rack on my outback. i could never use the sunroof because it was so noisy up there. plus the mpg sucked. hitch racks all the way!
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

used to have a roof rack on my outback. i could never use the sunroof because it was so noisy up there. plus the mpg sucked. hitch racks all the way!

Yeah. I am actually planning to 'ditch' my Yakima roof racks and get a nice hitch rack. Thinking of Thule.. I'll still keep my Yakimas though in case we need to load like 6 MTB bikes or more!

Archived