LegacyGT.com

05-09 LGT Gas Mileage

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know how you guys get so good mileage. Are these all non-turbo cars? My LGT gets about 16 in the city, and if I am lucky 22 on the highway. Im stage 2, but it wasn't much better before.

Dumb newbee question time. Can these be tuned for better mileage? I have an new to me 05 LGT wagon with the auto tranny. I'm familiar with the German tuneing (VW vag-com), what is there for Subie tune? Wifes car so major mods are out per her.

wow! i need to tune mine up looks like. i have 05 obxt, it was wifes car before she got a van and 100% city driving she would average ~17mpg. now last few months i've been driving it and wola ~14mpg city (san francisco lots of hils:()

but here is fun fact last time i went up to ski, i got 16mpg hightway going up to tahoe (90-95mph up hill) and only 22 or so going down.

the car is stock with exception of bigger tires 225/50/18 5eat, running 5-30 mobil1.

i'm thinking new plugs, maybe AT fluid? rear diff fluid, air filter.. anything else? and what kind of fluids for AT / diff?

I have an '08 LGT that is stock and I get around 22mpg, but I drive mostly country roads to work. On the highway the best I got was 27mpg and that was in Intelligent mode and cruise control.

i call bs on some of these there is no way i'm getting 14city/19hwy and the rest are 22 city. my 02 ob gets 19 city.... i'm sure it is fun to skew you mpg on the internets!

• I Donated Too
i call bs on some of these there is no way i'm getting 14city/19hwy and the rest are 22 city. my 02 ob gets 19 city.... i'm sure it is fun to skew you mpg on the internets!

please calm down. no need for rustling. this is the internet. things get exaggerated sometimes.

• Moderators

The 19 hwy number is legitimately bad. You might have a problem there... (yes, I'm being serious.)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I live in a rural area and drive only about 10 mins to work, I average about 24.8-25.8 doing just that. On longer 55-60mph drives I can average 28-29 mpgs all day. On the highway at 70 it dips to low 27s and high 26's and driving like an ass on the highway, 80+ it dips to low 26's and high 25's.

I can prove with pics of the cars trip and econ readings at the same time. I have validated the cars long-term average econ (100+ miles) to actually be fairly accurate. (+,- max of 1 mpg)

Completely stock '06 LGT 5mt with 137,000. I dont understand how people get averages in the teens... The lowest mileage I've ever recorded in any of my Subarus was 21 in my '99 OBW and that was after taking trips out only to play around in the snow.

please calm down. no need for rustling. this is the internet. things get exaggerated sometimes.

The 19 hwy number is legitimately bad. You might have a problem there... (yes, I'm being serious.)

sorry guys did not mean to sound like that.

here is the deal 05-09 lgt and obxt are rated at 17 city 23 highway. in real life that figure is usually same or lower, so yes i find it hard to believe that people are getting 23mpg city.

Also we used to get 17 city all the time when wife drove this, i have much heavier foot.

i will do plugs, filters and maybe atf fluid (unless someone want to suggest any other maintenance that could help?) and will report back, i am assuming that high performance tires does not help either.

regards!

• Moderators
Who did your tune ?

My wagon gets over 24mpg, and the Spec got over 28mpg on the long drive last Friday. coming back today it got 25mpg.

Cryo (Dave) tuned me for stage 2. I'm clearly a doofus and should've messaged him earlier, I guess my car is a bit temperamental.

Long story short is that I had mpg issues following stage 2 installation and never addressed them properly at the end of my tune like I should've. My previous five tanks averaged 16.5mpg. After two quick revisions from Dave I'm up near 20mpg. For an automatic and a cruddy, traffic-laden commute I'm already pretty damn happy with that number (~20% improvement :eek:). I'm sure highway will be better two, but I haven't really been on any long drives since going stage 2.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

i think over the last 8-10k i'm averaging 21. mostly country roads. pretty heavy on the accelerator from stops though. have a lwcp installed, definitely helps, but I just cant keep off the pedal. highest i've averaged was 26mpg with a reset trip, all highway

I bought my car in Colorado and drove it back to Washington(state) and averaged 27+ the whole way.

Once I got back in town I did a pretty even mix of hwy/city and averaged 21.

I seen to have leveled off around 24 mpg with a 60/40 hwy/city ratio.

I keep detailed records of every tank if you want to check it out:

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/aaronb532/legacy

Archived