LegacyGT.com

Official North East Spotted Thread

SuperhawkLGT

05/06 OBP (black) sedan, tint, debadged, and quad exhaust with CT plates on 3S just past 495. Couldn't tell if lowered or aftermarket wheels. Looking good though. Black paint appeared clean at least. Gave you the deuces out the window as you passed by. Pretty sure I saw your passenger wave, but couldn't tell much else due to the tint.

Sorry I couldn't give you a little playtime out there, I had just popped a check engine light (P0171) about 20 minutes earlier right before my last autocross run of the day, which I aborted. Was just trying to make sure I made it home. Which I did. ;)

Glad you made it home. Good to see the legacy back out there!

Upset I missed it, had to watch my nephew for the night. Any chance you'll be at Renegade next week, Dujo?

Probably not. I'm totally up for Renegade events, but I've been waiting on my car being more reliable and solid, which I have had way more trouble than I expected in first half of the year this year. Definitely getting closer though. Was able to put down 5 of 6 runs yesterday before I popped the check engine. I expect to be signing up for a few Renegade events in August, Sept, and Oct though in addition to the NER.

I need you out there to compete with me (though, I'm sure you'll be beating me before too long ... I have come to the conclusion that I am not fast). ;) I wasn't even close to the pace yesterday. I was 10 seconds off the fastest SM time. I'm not even sure where people were gaining so much time. I didn't feel like the course was on top of me, but I just wasn't going as fast as everybody else. Might be time to start looking into some recording of my runs.

• I Donated
Probably not. I'm totally up for Renegade events, but I've been waiting on my car being more reliable and solid, which I have had way more trouble than I expected in first half of the year this year. Definitely getting closer though. Was able to put down 5 of 6 runs yesterday before I popped the check engine. I expect to be signing up for a few Renegade events in August, Sept, and Oct though in addition to the NER.

I need you out there to compete with me (though, I'm sure you'll be beating me before too long ... I have come to the conclusion that I am not fast). ;) I wasn't even close to the pace yesterday. I was 10 seconds off the fastest SM time. I'm not even sure where people were gaining so much time. I didn't feel like the course was on top of me, but I just wasn't going as fast as everybody else. Might be time to start looking into some recording of my runs.

Recording runs will definitely help you. Also fixing that airbag so that I can ride with you! Or take your car for a fun run at a renegade event like I did with Solidsnake. There were also lots of places on the course yesterday to lose a TON of time if you're greedy. I'm happy to post my runs if you think it would help you.

Keep in mind that in SM you're allowed gobs of power and as much hoosier as you can stuff into the car including cutting fenders, and front/rear Aero. Panda is a nationally winning SM car for many years running at this point, and it does you no good to compare your car to it timewise. You're also on pilot super sports if I recall correctly? If you want to be serious with the legacy and autocross then you need to get some RS3s or RE71Rs. I would recommend the RS3 since they're cheaper and will last longer for 98% of the grip of the RE71R.

Saw 2 fifth get GTs about a mile apart both heading west on 117 in bolton. One black one silver, both looked stock.

Never seen that many in a day anywhere but WBM

Were they modified? Dunno if pfoyle travels them parts, but his car is black.

Not me... not out that way that day... not stock! ;)

Saw 2 fifth get GTs about a mile apart both heading west on 117 in bolton. One black one silver, both looked stock.

Never seen that many in a day anywhere but WBM

Mine is black and stock, but I definitely don't travel around there.

Recording runs will definitely help you. Also fixing that airbag so that I can ride with you! Or take your car for a fun run at a renegade event like I did with Solidsnake. There were also lots of places on the course yesterday to lose a TON of time if you're greedy. I'm happy to post my runs if you think it would help you.

Keep in mind that in SM you're allowed gobs of power and as much hoosier as you can stuff into the car including cutting fenders, and front/rear Aero. Panda is a nationally winning SM car for many years running at this point, and it does you no good to compare your car to it timewise. You're also on pilot super sports if I recall correctly? If you want to be serious with the legacy and autocross then you need to get some RS3s or RE71Rs. I would recommend the RS3 since they're cheaper and will last longer for 98% of the grip of the RE71R.

I've got the RE71Rs on some slick forged wheels sitting in the garage. At this point, I just need to get some additional camber adjustment (and maybe a fender roll) to get them to fit. Looking to fit them before the end of the year, but other issues and little time lately have kept me from dealing with that so far. If you've got any suggestions on how to get a dealership to agree to do my airbag recall, I'm all ears. I have an appointment request in at Cityside in Belmont, but that was months ago that I asked for it. Think I would have more luck with Subaru of Wakefield? Any dealers near you that can be relied on to get things done in a pinch. I would love to have the effing airbag fixed. I don't even care if they screw up my dash or cut some wires at this point. I just want it done!

I don't really expect to beat (or even get close to) Panda ever, regardless of who's driving (and most everybody driving that car is still several years ahead of me on the experience curve), but it's disheartening to get annihilated by the street classes too. ;) Top end of most of the classes was sub 1 minute yesterday. I was at 68. Not my best performance, but truly, I was thrilled just to finally get to run in the LGT.

I know I was definitely losing some time off the big right hander following the hairpin in corner 1 because the car was not happy with my decision to be full throttle while hard over to the right. After we talked about it, I listened to the cars during my second work stint and you could hear everybody aside from the B mods lifting. I also think there was a huge opportunity to lose at least a second if you didn't set up the taxiway exit correctly and come screaming off the big left hander down that little straight prior to the offset and long slalom. I think I might have been entering that corner too hot and turning it into a big sweeper when it didn't need to be. Still not getting a good consistent feeling on the longer slaloms either and that 6 cone bugger probably cost me a lot against the more experienced drivers. Funky course that one was. Good learning experience.

If you've got the time to post videos, I'm always thrilled to see you run on a course I drove. That's always appreciated, but never assumed. Thanks for offering. Absolutely would love to see it.

Edited by Dujo

• I Donated
I've got the RE71Rs on some slick forged wheels sitting in the garage. At this point, I just need to get some additional camber adjustment (and maybe a fender roll) to get them to fit. Looking to fit them before the end of the year, but other issues and little time lately have kept me from dealing with that so far. If you've got any suggestions on how to get a dealership to agree to do my airbag recall, I'm all ears. I have an appointment request in at Cityside in Belmont, but that was months ago that I asked for it. Think I would have more luck with Subaru of Wakefield? Any dealers near you that can be relied on to get things done in a pinch. I would love to have the effing airbag fixed. I don't even care if they screw up my dash or cut some wires at this point. I just want it done!

I don't really expect to beat (or even get close to) Panda ever, regardless of who's driving (and most everybody driving that car is still several years ahead of me on the experience curve), but it's disheartening to get annihilated by the street classes too. ;) Top end of most of the classes was sub 1 minute yesterday. I was at 68. Not my best performance, but truly, I was thrilled just to finally get to run in the LGT.

I know I was definitely losing some time off the big right hander following the hairpin in corner 1 because the car was not happy with my decision to be full throttle while hard over to the right. After we talked about it, I listened to the cars during my second work stint and you could hear everybody aside from the B mods lifting. I also think there was a huge opportunity to lose at least a second if you didn't set up the taxiway exit correctly and come screaming off the big left hander down that little straight prior to the offset and long slalom. I think I might have been entering that corner too hot and turning it into a big sweeper when it didn't need to be. Still not getting a good consistent feeling on the longer slaloms either and that 6 cone bugger probably cost me a lot against the more experienced drivers. Funky course that one was. Good learning experience.

If you've got the time to post videos, I'm always thrilled to see you run on a course I drove. That's always appreciated, but never assumed. Thanks for offering. Absolutely would love to see it.

H&R camber bolts work wonders in the front. In the rear I'd go with the whiteline KCA399 or the toe arms. Either one will get you camber in the rear, but I actually found I needed less camber in the rear after my koni/epic install. You probably want to shoot for -2.2F -1.7R, zero toe all around. What size wheels/tires/offset? I ran 225 Z1 Star specs on 17x7.5 +48 with no issues whatsoever in my legacy back when I autocrossed it. No roll or pull.

I would go to Subaru of North Reading, I had good luck with them doing all the recalls. I haven't taken it in for the Dash recall yet, mostly because I don't think I'll get the new dash and I want to wait to see if I can get it.

Tires are worth way more than you think. MPSS are worth multiple seconds compared to RE71, like 3-4 seconds minimum. That course also punished the wrong driving line like almost no other I've seen at Devens in a while. I also didn't really take that right hander off the pin right, you'll see me carrying too much speed into it, but I'll also post the winning STR run that absolutely nailed every corner. I actually had my fastest time on two separate runs, i'll post both:

1st afternoon 59.482 - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQQrorjo6sA]NER SCCA 7-17-16 Derek - YouTube[/ame]

2nd afternoon 59.482 - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfjVy9N9D8A]NER SCCA 7-17-16 Derek 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Mark Dudek STR 56.404 - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjQW8-kegrA]SCCA 071716 - STR S2K - YouTube[/ame]

Absolutely slammed 4th gen outback on some super chrome rims. you were in front of me and got out of my way on 189 than hopped in behind me yesterday morning. i love slammed forest green outbacks thing looked megamint

silver OB going south on 95 on Friday night, I think it was in CT or might have been NY at that point. Your fog lights were insanely bright. Looked like HIDs or LEDs in the low beams as well. both the fogs and the lows were the same color, very white, on the edge of blue.

You peeled past me and exited, I can't remember where. The drive blurs together because I stopped in Bridgeport to see some music so I can't remember if this was before or after my stop. I want to say after.

• 5 weeks later...
GRP 05 wagon hauling what looked to be about 6 bicycles hanging off the back, pulling out of a driveway in Winchester on Friday or Saturday. Forget which. Car looked a little low under the load. ;) If you live there, you live in my neighborhood. There's at least 3 other LGT wagons I know about within about a mile of you/us.