LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

Mod list,

68HTA, 750cc DWs, Perrin SRI, STI UP, CNT Catted DP, STI TMIC, STI IM, and a Dyno Pro Tune.

So with that I will have before and after videos of the shifting, my opinion...for what it is worth and I can do a quick clip of the install.....I am not going crazy on that because I want it back in and on the road.

13 July will be the video and review release dates.

[

I think we both meant a video of taking the VB out of the car, a walkthrough. I mean thats what I meant anyway. I do like videos of the upgrades though.

i thought everyone was asking for a video showing the differences in shifting, i.e. the tach switching on shift. i dont think you're gonna get a remove/reinstall video, probably some pictures...

Mod list,

68HTA, 750cc DWs, Perrin SRI, STI UP, CNT Catted DP, STI TMIC, STI IM, and a Dyno Pro Tune.

So with that I will have before and after videos of the shifting, my opinion...for what it is worth and I can do a quick clip of the install.....I am not going crazy on that because I want it back in and on the road.

13 July will be the video and review release dates.

looking forward to the video :)

Can somebody post their subjective feeling on how the 5EAT reacts once this mod has been completed by ClimberD on their VB and reinstalled into their Legacy? Glad somebody has found a better and cheaper solution to the traditional IPT VBM. Thanks.

^sicGT, I see your vf52ed. Hows everything with your tranny and are you going to get this upgrade to your VB.

I am definitely considering this mod since it sounds like something a good deal more beneficial than the traditional IPT route. I think I have a failed TCM or ECM software issue with my 5EAT that needs to be addressed 1st. This after a new 5EAT that was installed by Subaru 9K miles ago. Mechanically I think the trans. is fine and fluid looks great but there is definitely a software issue causing skip shifting and rough/sloppy shifting inder light to light/moderate throttle shifting. It does not shift oddly with the gas pedal 1/2 way or fully applied. I will purchase the VAG-COM cable with the software from one of the vendors on here and try to clear the TCM learned codes to see if that helps rather than give the dealer $99.00 to do essentially the same thing. If that doesn't work then I may swap my TCM with one from a junk yard reseller.

Edited by sic GT

I am definitely considering this mod since it sounds like something a good deal more beneficial than the traditional IPT route. I think I have a failed TCM or ECM software issue with my 5EAT that needs to be addressed 1st. This after a new 5EAT that was installed by Subaru 9K miles ago. Mechanically I think the trans. is fine and fluid looks great but there is definitely a software issue causing skip shifting and rough/sloppy shifting inder light to light/moderate throttle shifting. It does not shift oddly with the gas pedal 1/2 way or fully applied. I will the VAG-COM cable with the software from one of the vendors on her and try to clear the TCM learned codes to see if that helps rather than give the dealer $99.00 to do essentially the same thing. If that doesn't work then I may swap my TCM with one from a junk yard reseller.

Yes definitely get the trans/software healthy and sorted out before anything else. I'm not going anywhere.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Just out of curiosty: Should I need to replace the entire TCM with another TCM from a 06 5EAT will I also need to have it flashed with the software specific to that model year TCM? It would seem the software would already be stored within the unit itself or does the new TCM need to be set specifically to work with my vehicle? Not trying to hijack this thread but in order to move forward with the HEXMODS VBU I want to get this rectified asap.

Also on an interesting note I recently replaced my dead battery with a new one and immediately after the replecement the car shifted smoothly as delivered from the factory albeit in the typical slow morphing mode ( hence the desire for the VB upgrade) and then after about 50 miles began shifting in a clunky fashion again. I am sure it's a software issue. I guess the first step is to purchase the VAG-COM cable with the software from IMFAMOUS to try and clear any learned or trouble codes. Any input on this would be appreciated.

Gotta say that ClimberD is the MAN! Super fast turn around and extremely dedicated to customer service and satisfaction for delivery options.

I'll know how this shifts once the car is back together sometime mid-week. Waiting on motor to come back from Machinist and Stage IV build. Motor failed initial testing last night before leaving machine shop and has to wait for Tuesday to adjust valve lash before they'll release it to me for install. I hate waiting!

Climber D had my VB turned around in less than 24 hours to beat the machinist and motor work. He definitely met my super tight deadline and would've been perfect if motor had passed its part.

Thanks ClimberD!

I am definitely considering this mod since it sounds like something a good deal more beneficial than the traditional IPT route. I think I have a failed TCM or ECM software issue with my 5EAT that needs to be addressed 1st. This after a new 5EAT that was installed by Subaru 9K miles ago. Mechanically I think the trans. is fine and fluid looks great but there is definitely a software issue causing skip shifting and rough/sloppy shifting inder light to light/moderate throttle shifting. It does not shift oddly with the gas pedal 1/2 way or fully applied. I will the VAG-COM cable with the software from one of the vendors on her and try to clear the TCM learned codes to see if that helps rather than give the dealer $99.00 to do essentially the same thing. If that doesn't work then I may swap my TCM with one from a junk yard reseller.

i wonder if they put an 08+ tranny in your 06. would a diff VB setup make the TCU crazy?

i wonder if they put an 08+ tranny in your 06. would a diff VB setup make the TCU crazy?

One solenoid's purpose is different, and one clutch pack is eliminated. It would work if you went with an aftermarket TCU, and changed out your rear diff's ring & pinion.

Perhaps you could get an 08 TCU to talk to an 07 ECU, but I don't think anyone has tried playing with the compatibility across model years.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
with the 5eat plus valve body mod is it safe to look at a BNR HTA68? or should i stay in the 18g or 16g choices?

With a Hex F1 into a previously healthy transmission, you will be able to run either of those turbos all day long. I have a 20G and am taking steps to run it on E85 to achieve close to 400whp. That will be a good test. Comparatively speaking, the <320whp you are talking about (assuming gasoline) should not be much of a stretch.

Come on, Climber, can't you just make us a complete transmission that shifts as well as this?

-> [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxorBbdMUf0]‪AMS Alpha 12 R35 GT-R : 9.1@159.97 at the TX2K11 Nationals‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

;)

If I had the money, I would buy a GT-R. But I'm fairly sure I don't have the money. You can buy a house here for the price of that car. Good news is the transmission family :)