LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

I have a few friends in dealers over here in Ma.. Ill talk to them on monday and see what its available to me for.. Also, anyone on here have an 08+ that has a CPO car.. since I have a friend that works at the dealer he can give me the old parts since CPO parts arent sent back to subi.. and hes also replaced some things for me that werent exactly needed, so maybe we can get him to replace a VB and give us the old one.. but mine is 06, so we need to find someone with a cpo car and maybe we can make this happen..

Center Subaru in Torrington CT.

Part # 31705AA683

Price- $827.16

I made sure it was available to purchase. The parts guy double checked for me and said there were plenty left throughout the country. He can get it in a day, but needs the money beforehand since it's special order.

I have a few friends in the industry, so i'm able to get it cheaper, but if Msprank gets it for cheaper, we can gladly go through him.

justin, can you text me the part number.. and we should be all set for the sticker just text me a few days before..

And anyone in mass or ri with a CPO 08+ with over 60k and we may be able to get us a donor courtesy of subaru... PM me if anyone out there wants to give it a try

well i think its a little more reasonable to buy a complete used.

guys keep looking ! i can probably get one up here for 1100 - 1500$ cdn

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Ok. Got in contact with Subaru. My cost is $700 plus shipping for a brand new 08 VB.

Here is my thought.

I have an 08 VB modded by IPT. Climber is having "issues" with reverse engineering. What if I brought in the new OEM VB and installed it in my car. Then sent Climber my IPT VB and the inline resistor. From there, maybe he can break it down. See what they did and go from there.

I am sure that somehow Climber and I can come to a resolution on cost involved.

I just need to come up with the $700 (which is harder than it sounds).

Ok. Got in contact with Subaru. My cost is $700 plus shipping for a brand new 08 VB.

Here is my thought.

I have an 08 VB modded by IPT. Climber is having "issues" with reverse engineering. What if I brought in the new OEM VB and installed it in my car. Then sent Climber my IPT VB and the inline resistor. From there, maybe he can break it down. See what they did and go from there.

I am sure that somehow Climber and I can come to a resolution on cost involved.

I just need to come up with the $700 (which is harder than it sounds).

I'm VERY interested in this if you're able to do so. Rumor is that they only added a resistor on the 2008. I would be very interested to see how accurate that is.

well theroritically that should be all it needs if the control body is made correctly ,

each solenoid is like a fuel injector, and there pwm controlled. if its designed for a quick shift to be about 75% duty, then the extra 25% would be there to add to.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

well theroritically that should be all it needs if the control body is made correctly ,

each solenoid is like a fuel injector, and there pwm controlled. if its designed for a quick shift to be about 75% duty, then the extra 25% would be there to add to.

That is likely correct. If we had access to the TCU, we could probably fix the 08-09 in software. Sadly no one has figured that out.

I'm all for buying a used 08/09 transmission, pulling the valve body, and selling the trans w/o valve body, perhaps built if a member wanted to put down a deposit. Msprank and I could definitely work something out. My key desire is to be able to play swap-the-VB with a handy, flexible person, such as MSprank or someone else. The idea is with 2 valve bodies, the person could do same-day swaps, so we could get in several trial versions of the product. Then use the core as a way for 08/09 owners to get the F2 without any downtime (same as the F1 Core). I wish I had the money and time to float all of this, but I do not at present. I am in fact short on time after a rough Q2, and a major implementation in the works for my company. I'll try first for the transmission as a whole. My previous effort to buy just the VB used came up with zero anywhere in the country. Not really surprising, but soon they will be showing up as the models in operation age.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I'm all for buying a used 08/09 transmission, pulling the valve body, and selling the trans w/o valve body, perhaps built if a member wanted to put down a deposit. Msprank and I could definitely work something out. My key desire is to be able to play swap-the-VB with a handy, flexible person, such as MSprank or someone else. The idea is with 2 valve bodies, the person could do same-day swaps, so we could get in several trial versions of the product. Then use the core as a way for 08/09 owners to get the F2 without any downtime (same as the F1 Core). I wish I had the money and time to float all of this, but I do not at present. I am in fact short on time after a rough Q2, and a major implementation in the works for my company. I'll try first for the transmission as a whole. My previous effort to buy just the VB used came up with zero anywhere in the country. Not really surprising, but soon they will be showing up as the models in operation age.

Just a thought, but wouldn't a whole transmission make it easier to figure out how the VB works? Pardon my ignorance on transmissions if that isn't the case.

I also donated to the "hack the TCU" fund. Had hi hopes that someone would crack it. I know my VB was opened. It shows the tell tale sign of gasket material. But the resistor is all I can see and it is external.

If I can round up the money, I am willing to swap my VB's and send it off. $700 is less than $1500.

That's why I'm over the EJ25. You spend $5000 to make it powerful, $3000 more so it can handle it, then it rewards you by breaking. If you get it running right, you can have 400whp but it's a pain to drive on the street. 500whp and you are close to buying a second car. Or start a biggybank fund for a GM 3800 v6 all iron engine, which CAN handle big powa, inexpensively.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

That's why I'm over the EJ25. You spend $5000 to make it powerful, $3000 more so it can handle it, then it rewards you by breaking. If you get it running right, you can have 400whp but it's a pain to drive on the street. 500whp and you are close to buying a second car. Or start a biggybank fund for a GM 3800 v6 all iron engine, which CAN handle big powa, inexpensively.

It saddens me to read this but damn….. it’s true.