LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

m sprank had his 08 VB modded and I think the only thing he found changed was a resistor soldered in on the exterior of the VB. though maybe they couldn't figure the 08 VB out and just soldered a resistor in to make it look like they did something.

this info is from what source ?

and they charge what for that ? 900$ ?

We have suspicions, but I do not know of anyone who's taken an 08 IPT VB and checked it for mods. We know they do a resistor, but we do not know if they do a mechanical mod. As the only mechanical mod to the 05-07 was one spring, there is an assumption being made, but that's simply an assumption.

It's frankly too bad that there is so much secrecy here, as if IPT shared what they knew, we may be able to create a real mod, but I doubt the open-source software model could really be applied to IPT's business.

yea well look at all the money they made with the 05-07 mod.

but if the tranny functions correctly in all gears therotically all that is needed is pressure increase.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I assume they installed a spring, or something. They did pull the pack. They were correct that it is closer to a 4EAT VB than a previous 5EAT VB. But all I see is the inline resistor that resides outside the tranny.

Mine was 08 number 1 for IPT. I dropped it off there, so they did all the work in-house.

Tranny went boom during tuning with a 16g. Never went over 20psi. Very disappointing.

I assume they installed a spring, or something. They did pull the pack. They were correct that it is closer to a 4EAT VB than a previous 5EAT VB. But all I see is the inline resistor that resides outside the tranny.

Mine was 08 number 1 for IPT. I dropped it off there, so they did all the work in-house.

Tranny went boom during tuning with a 16g. Never went over 20psi. Very disappointing.

boom ? or slip ? on dyno while in gear ?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Slip, then fatigue, then TQ converter started to go. We stopped somewhere around the 4th or 5th pull. From there I was able to limp the car home. Swapped fluid, limped her for a few more weeks. Shifts were weak and if you floored it, problems persisted. Had a local tranny shop replace some internals. Had to keep cost down. So, it currently runs. But I dont really trust it. I anticipate a full build if I am going to push the car again.

ClimberD:

06 tranny that came back from tuning of 16G install and didn't want to shift in auto mode without revving to 7500rpm. It would shift fine in manual mode and hold gears once the shift was complete.

Will your VB mod increase line pressure sufficiently to get it to shift and hold in auto mode?

Bad news guys, sorry for the ones who are waiting for the 08+ VB mod. I have been out of my car for 3 weeks coming up to 4. ClimberD has been very generous by spending his time and money trying to figure out the 08 VB. Sadly it is completely different and little documentation on it. I am giving him about 1 more week to see if he can work any magic. I need my car back because there is important stuff for me coming up for me.

Sorry guys for the disappointment/longer wait.

If anyone goes to a junkyard/you pick it, please keep an eye out for 08+. I will compensate you for the VB to help keep this moving

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Ok 08+ guys, I need my car, sorry its been 3 weeks without it and important things have come up

ClimberD has been working hard but it is completely different then the 05

.blackgt. has contacted his dealership and a brand new 08 VB would be $827.16 Is there any interest for donations? I have not spoken with ClimberD about this and ultimately it would be his final decision. When ClimberD ships my VB back he will not have a 08 VB to work on

Ok 08+ guys, I need my car, sorry its been 3 weeks without it and important things have come up

ClimberD has been working hard but it is completely different then the 05

.blackgt. has contacted his dealership and a brand new 08 VB would be $827.16 Is there any interest for donations? I have not spoken with ClimberD about this and ultimately it would be his final decision. When ClimberD ships my VB back he will not have a 08 VB to work on

Aghhh....this sucks! Wish more good had came out of the 3 weeks he had it. Someone has to know more about this 08+ 5EAT and how to upgrade it

Aghhh....this sucks! Wish more good had came out of the 3 weeks he had it. Someone has to know more about this 08+ 5EAT and how to upgrade it

Its all subaru fault for making look cooler:lol:

Eventually the 08 will be cracked

ClimberD I should be able to give you the FMIC at the end of next week. So you can fix your heatsoak problem and really start testing your tranny's power limits. Bryan
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I was told by my dealer that the VB wasn't available separately. Then again, they couldn't quite tell me the internal differences from the '05 5EAT to the '06 5EAT other than part numbers were different. Gear ratios same, part numbers different???

Thank you MSprank for volunteering your discount to further this development.