LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

I have reserved a mechanic bay with lift for tomorrow all day. I will be installing front torque-sensing LSD and Center Diff Bulletproofing Bushings. The Bushing install will come with pics! I am also going to pull the turbo to address an oil leak, and I am going to pull the header to address an exhaust leak. In short, if everything goes to plan, the car will finally be ready for some serious driving!
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

To be sure we are on the same page, is the inhibitor switch that was removed the sliding sensor that bolts to the side of the VB with 3 bolts and a wire harness connection? That never should have been removed by whomever did so, and if it is still missing then you are right, it's a pain for me to shoulder. It's an abuse of the floater program and now I have to track down the person behind this issue. Please confirm whether this description fits what you found. Thank you.

You got it. The slider with harness. It was not there. Dont know how long it has been missing from the "floater". But rest assured. When we packaged it back up and gave it to DannyBoy, it contained the switch.

I had one from a tranny I picked up at the junk yard. Tranny was shot, so I raped it for everything of value. Still had the switch on the shelf. Figured it might help the next member. Dont know if DannyBoy has sent the floater to IPT or put it in rotation. It left in its box riding in the back of his wagon.

The VB I sent to IPT was not "the" (your) floater. I bought it from another forum member who had also done the IPT VB mod. Not sure where he got the VB that was modified and put in his car. I got the one taken out of his car. Sorry for any confusion...

I still have the VB Mike took out of my car; considering the HexMods F1 (if/when I get my turbo issues settled)

Good to know it now complete, and hadn't a clue that it wasn't before.

Edited by danny boy

hey. I'm posting cause I'm interested in purchasing in the future, possibly. I'm looking into getting an auto '06 LGT wagon. anyone have any experience with these in a wagon? and will this make the 5EAT good for the power/torque levels reached with a stage II mod? I'm thinking I am going to do a stage II mod, and go no further till an MT is in place.

Ahh all that worrying for nothing, glad everything is as it should be. I thought it peculiar I had not heard of this until now, but alas it was outside of what I normally follow.

BTW when I said tomorrow I meant Monday :)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

the only reason I wouldn't go right for the MT is because I don't have the money or facilities at the moment to do the swap. I may in the future, though, and modding the VB to withstand more power and quicker shifts is more affordable, atm. why the 6spd, though? I read it can handle more power, but I heard that the gear spacing is kind of wonky and you get slightly better mpg in the 5MT on the highway.

I've gotten shafted before when buying cars, so I'm weary about buying a car sight unseen. there is an auto LGT in town for sale that seems to be in good condition, and the price is good. I figure if worse comes to worse, I can trade my auto LGT for a manual plus cash, if the other owner is interested.

You are highly misinformed about the 6MT.

Holds way more power. Far better gearing. STi's covet the LGT 6MT for its awesome 6th gear and best cruise gearing of all 6MT's (far superior to 5MT) for MPG.

Also allows use of LSD front diff. OOOOhhhhhhh, aaaaaahhhhh.

If you dont have a 6MT, you dot have a tranny. I own all three. 6MT is the best by far.

I ask because instead of buying a manual, then swapping......I would just find a manual wagon....it would be less money even if you had to fly to pick it up.

That is hard to do. They made only around 800 manual LGT wagons and they were only made in '05. I had to drive 2hrs to get mine in '05 because it was the last one in the state.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Sorry for not responding to PMs expediently. I've been working on my car all day! It had to be done.

I made major progress on my car today. Relevant to this thread, my oil leak turned out to be the crush washers on banjo bolt on the back of the passenger head. It's the bolt that feeds the oil pipe to AVCS/Turbo. I used the hollow-type thin crush copper washers last time. When oil pressure would build at higher RPMs, oil would shoot by onto my UP pipe! I finally found the thick solid copper washers I wanted (the kind at O'Reileys / Autozone for oil drain plugs). M12 (12.7mm) / 1/2". Hopefully these are going to do the trick, since they'll crush just a little, but form around the banjo bolt much better.

This means WOT will be back on the table!

Edited by ClimberD@HexMods

CD: valve body has been removed and is sitting in the parts cleaner overnight to finish draining. I can have it to you as soon as Thursday unless you're not prepared to do a VB mod with the holiday weekend approaching. My long block will be prepped to install on Tuesday and tune on Wednesday.

I'm looking at USPS overnight options for both ways if possible.

Is your listed shipping address good for USPS or is FedEx better?

Thanks.

ClimberD:

You'll be receiving my VB tomorrow before noon via USPS. I've included an overnight return shipping label and payment in the box, with tons of insurance.

Hope you're in town this weekend???

And, would you PM me your email address so I can forward the tracking info to you???

Thanks.

doc

Damn someone really needs to post videos please.

I don't think videos will show you much. I mean, here is my IPT VB tranny shifting. Largely the difference is felt in the vehicle IMHO

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QUqa44Kk5A]YouTube - ‪Modded Legacy 5EAT shifting‬‏[/ame]

Can somebody post their subjective feeling on how the 5EAT reacts once this mod has been completed by ClimberD on their VB and reinstalled into their Legacy? Glad somebody has found a better and cheaper solution to the traditional IPT VBM. Thanks.