LegacyGT.com

Girodisc Widebody 99 GT Limited

My car is better planted then hers. I have but my rear end will break loose before I lift a tire. My car is about 6 secs faster then the GC8 with the GF driving and about 4 secs with me driving. But the Lego isn't dialed in yet so I bet it will be clost to 8 with me at the wheel once the Lego has the smaller turbo and new coilovers installed.

So I got I think I got a partial sponsor for some 18x9.5 +12 varrstoen 2.2.1 wheels in full polish. They are about 2lbs per wheel lighter then my MBs and the look dope. I won't say much more but its looking pretty good.

Here is a pic of them:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/killakorean/181728_186428321397571_184064864967250_479240_2189705_n.jpg

Also I have my Stance XR Coils ready to order so I will be upgrading my suspension greatly over the LXs I have in there now. That coupled with the smaller turbo and high boost should make for a much faster car.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The wheels are a go. A-Spec Wheels hooked me up and I will have them on next week. Stoked I have been wanting wheels like this ever since I envisioned this car. I think this will really close the style and look I was going for with this car. Class and sophistication, with a performance car bite. Like a Yakuza hitmans car... lol j/p

Hey all so I had a bit of an electrical issue with my Alternator no longer charging the battery so I decided it was finally time to finish my interior and wiring 100%

Took my torn up dash out and swapped in my new one (new to me) with a WRX Pod custom modded to fit.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/LegoNew61.jpg

Here's one just after I set the Dash back in:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/LegoNew62.jpg

So for this weekend I am going to finish moving my fuse box and finish my interior lighting. Also going to finish my interior crap and try and take car of the last couple things left to finish the engine. My new wheels come next week but my coils probably won't be here for a month so I am just going to leave the LXs in till the new ones arrive.

I'll have some nice pics of the interior hopefully Monday if the car is off the lift. Its so night having a 2nd car so I can spend the time to work on the lego the right way.

I got some vids!

This is earlier in the day. I hit a cone so I push myself in the lower section and has a nice little slide:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL-oOGGKmXA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Johann Event 2‬‏[/ame]

This was my fastest run. 2nd before last and I had the Win for my class.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgiVqs5Grnw&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Johann Event 2 #2‬‏[/ame]

Last run: Just a fun run since I had already one so I play around by getting sideways a bit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swN05nRSz4A&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Johann Event 2 #3‬‏[/ame]

So I'll have some updates with pids of the finally finished interior, and NEW WHEELS YAYAYAY!

More to come in a few days.

Johann @ Girodisc

The "carbon parts" are just covered stock parts. Nobody makes any carbon for our cars except a hood and its crap.

New wheels showed up yesterday so I'll get them mounted on the tires tonight and get the car off the lift and rolled forward so I can finish the interior and get tuned for the last time.

Pics of the wheels:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/LegoNew63.jpg

and I also got my modded EGT gauge setup to be my custom brake temp gauge. No idea

if this is going to work but its worth a shot.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/LegoNew64.jpg

Johann @ Girodisc

WOw i just saw the videos. That thing is planted. What is your suspension setup Johann?

^^I saw that too! Giro's leggy won't raise a wheel in the corners. His whole back end would move before any tires come off the ground. Awesome! The car is as planted in there as an Alabama tick... :)

Yeah the Lego's suspension is my masterpiece minus some upgraded coilovers coming next week.

I have swapped every mount, every arm, every bushing and upgrades almost everything I can in that cars suspension to basically be tail happy and twitchy which is how I like to drive it. Its a fun car and I need to dila it in as my driving technique progresses but I know my suspension has the adjust-ability to do so.

So last night I tore into the lego some more. Got the new wheels on and they look sick. Much more aggresive then the old set but both have their ups and downs. I need to get it outside and stand back and get my final opinion but so far its "baller".

Pulled the fuse box out of the fender and got it under my seat now. I didn't have enough wire to get it into the trunk but at least its a start I can extent the wires at a later date. I hopefully will get my last gauge today so I can instal it and get the car back on the road. I go in for my last tuning session on Friday so the engine will be all done making good spool and power for the rest of the auto x season.

I have been thinking about the future of this car and if all the pieces fall together Lego 3.0 will be insane. Mainly exterior mods, and possibly a motor swap but its going to be one of a kind for sure.

I'll post pics of the new wheel setup as soon as I can finish up, get it out of the shop, and give her a bath.

Johann @ Girodisc

Johann @ Girodisc

Varrstoen 2.2.1 18x9.5 +12 and they are like 20-21 lbs per wheel. Not super light but a couple lbs lighter then my old wheels. They look sick on the car but because I have such a fat tire they kinda look small. If I was really trying to go for my baller status I should have gotten 19"s but dosen't suit well for auto x. No matter, if they look okay on this setup they will look much more fitting on Lego 3.0 coming this spring. I hope to have the car outside today so I can finally get a good look at the new wheel setup.

Johann @ Girodisc

Varrstoen 2.2.1 18x9.5 +12 and they are like 20-21 lbs per wheel. Not super light but a couple lbs lighter then my old wheels. They look sick on the car but because I have such a fat tire they kinda look small. If I was really trying to go for my baller status I should have gotten 19"s but dosen't suit well for auto x. No matter, if they look okay on this setup they will look much more fitting on Lego 3.0 coming this spring. I hope to have the car outside today so I can finally get a good look at the new wheel setup.

Johann @ Girodisc

Very nice, so is that another company copying the Volk racing TE37 like my Rota's Grid Drifts? or is it thinner and slight difference in dish? think mine weigh 690kg so still not bad for a 18x9.5 as they are 10g lighter than my old Inovits which were only 7.5j.

I'll say it again I love your arch work and think your car is one of the best modded BD's I've seen!:wub: and it looks like it goes well too!

Russ!:cool:

Yeah they are but these are more like exact reps of the TE37 where as IMO the grids are their own wheel because none of the TEs have the concaveness with the spokes as the grids. My spokes are flatter with more lip. But then again my MBs were reps of the Advans so.. lol. I can't see myself ever spending more then 2k on wheel and tires together. 2100 for just wheels it takes 3 months to get no thanx. I am to hard on my car to bare the loss when I chip or muff one up. That money works better going to suspension and performance..

Johann @ Girodisc

Archived