LegacyGT.com

Girodisc Widebody 99 GT Limited

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im seeing about 6.5-7 grand for an H6 + charger + 5mt (04+ wrx) and rebuilding the h6 with higher compression pistons and a rebuild on the trans and having it welded to keep everything in the beast. i dont want a 6mt as im only ever going to use this car for autocross if im gonna even race it so no need for a 6th gear and if i do the rebuild i think i could get a longer 5th gear anyway so when i do get on the freeway i can just make the longer shift to 5th... i have til next fall before im planning on having this completed but its really coming together as far as info goes.

Keep us closely updated; will be anxiously awaiting results of the build.

Cheap H6 builds get me excited due to their relevance and awesomeness; people need to start doing more with these engines, especially given Subaru's recent axing of turbo engines (much to my chagrin).

Since I am new at this whole subaru thing..ill be wtching this thing alot. I do have aquestion tho....what lateral links, control arms etc do you have on it? I am looking to do mine (post winter). I love how they look on the car, and dont cost much diff than a OEM part

they came with the car when i bought it from badwagon, that being said badwagon, if you have any info on them please chime in. as far as other options, check out TSS fab, they are a local company to my area but im sure they ship stuff, really cool guys and can make you some adjustable control arms or trailing arms to fit your car. they make really nice stuff

I appreciate your assistance. I hope i am not being annoying and all. I really want to get my subaru going you know. I saw some impreza ones on ebay and amazon that are adjustable, but i am always open to helping out and purchasing from personal companies (not big corps)

no no, not annoying to me atleast, ive been in the same position many times, we all have to come from somewhere to get where we are, ive learned so much from badwagon, i only hope i can help others with knowledge of subaru things as people including him have taught me!

if the ones on there that say they are from godspeed are genuine i would grab some of those up, or genuine megan racing, again, mine are OBX and are pretty nice so if yuo could find them that would be good, im pretty sure anything 93-07 impreza should fit the legacy... from what i can tell, but please do some more research before buying, wouldnt want to steer (ha ha) you wrong...

the obx's are great as long as you tighten them down, i guess i have tightened them down several times just shy of tight enough cuz they have loosened, never to a terribly bad amount but definitely kinda scary, i also have never had it on a lift either so getting to them is a bit annoying... but normally they are awesome

as far as types on ebay , thats about right, it looks like the whiteline ones i was have on of them broken so thats no good

Ah, well Ill have to save up then. I may chekc them weekyl since they are easy to check. But that had to be sketchy with them coming loose. As well, man get the whiteline one fixed. Dont need you getting hurt and all.

lifts are awesome!! But I dont have one either so i feel that

wow, that last sentence got jumbled... mine didnt break, the ones on ebay that were whiteline for like 200 bucks, one of them is broken so thats a no go.

as far as mine, it held up, i mean there are 2 of them and they didnt come off they just loosened up, i mean it gets kinda rattly on tight suspension driving around the city... and any loose motion just allows other stuff to loosen up...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived