LegacyGT.com

Girodisc Widebody 99 GT Limited

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No service loss. I used my phone for a couple weeks without a case while I was waiting for this one and I noticed no difference. I'll keep you guys posted once I get closer to make a few. I'll prolly have a few designs I'll put up for a vote.

beautiful car. just read all 14 pages!

what you doin with the old coilovers? :p My uncle is a welder and i am a machinist in my other life. so I could fix that egg shape problem and make my car much MUCH lower!

Sold em to a friend but he might be selling them again. I sold them to him for 600.00 so if you want them. P/S I already fixed the problem. It was only partially the coilovers the other part the car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah I pulled the EZ30 out of the project car I bought a long time ago. I sold the car and am in the process of building it for the guy I sold it for. I sold the WRX longblock that was in the Legacy in trade for some internals for an STi longblock I am picking up next week for my track car build. So I pulled the EZ and just dropped it into the Legacy so I wouldn't be taking up a motor stand. In a month or 2 I will be making the exhaust and stuff for the EZ swap. I am really tempted to drop the compression and do a Supercharged setup for it but I am still on the fence. Going to be putting all my monies into the race car for the next few months so the Legacy will get bits and pieces as the months go on but I am going to take my time on it so if its spring by the time its finished then so be it. I took it off insurance 2 weeks ago because she is going to live in the garage for winter.

If its going to stay NA its getting:

Custom Headers

Custom Fuel Rails

Custom Dual Throttle Body Intake Manifold

Custom Dual Intakes

Ground Cams

Decked heads

If I decide to boost it then the engine will get nice pistons and rods and I'll make a custom setup using a Eaton M90

I'll be starting a build thread for the race car (not the Subreal Atom) in a couple weeks once I finish a couple projects.

Its pretty tempting actually. Part of me just wants to let the car take its time and do the whole kit. Since I have a killer off road Xploder truck and I'll have a 450whp full track prepped Forester for Auto X and track days I can totally afford to let the Lego take a couple extra months to get all the bells and whistles on it before I start driving it again.

If I go N/A the intake manifold will have a large plenum that will have a lexan window so you can see the velocity stacks going into each runner. It will use 2 universial 70mm throttle bodies and dual intake to look like all those sick high dollar cars.

If it goes SC the superchager will go in the middle of the motor and the intake manifold will be bolted on top of it. I need to check the numbers but I might do dual Eaton M62s instead but I have to see what kind of HP I want to hit at what PSI. Still need to make sure its dependable.

Other projects for it are fully custom BBK using Viper SRT10 calipers, new wheels, prolly re-do the fender flares and new softer suspension. Lots of sound denoting and a good system. A new paint job and maybe a new front end as well.

I am going to be selling a good amount of parts off the Legacy in a couple weeks to help pay for the H6 goodies so if any of you are looking for a plug and play wrx swap w/ hydra let me know. I'll have all the wring and a complete WRX motor for sale from the legacy (minus the intake mani) in a couple weeks.

I'll also have some bits left over from the Forester track car I have and a bunch of loose parts I have had laying around. Help the cause and fuel my addiction by buying some of my goodies... LOL

Johann @ Girodisc

I'm sure you had to change/modify the engine cradle to fit that H6 in there. I sort of wondering if you plan to go 6MT or 5MT with the EZ. I own a 99' BD as well so you have my complete attention.

Don't know if you ever had the time to read Jeff Perrin's H6 build and the parts that he had to modify in the EZ30R. He's a great guy and will respond to questions.

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/?p=57

Just run something like this: H6 Twin turbo setup that was on the engine dyno for tuning at the machine shop that built my motor. It was being tuned to go into a Sand Rail. www.metricmotorsxtreme.com

Do it!

rail buggies have room. legos are a bit more cramped. its almost impossible to run a tt on a 4 cyl, none the less on an h6. a super charger would most definately be the way to go.

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

Its going to be run with a 5mt. I have a 6mt in it now the the gearing sucks for the freeway where it spends a good amount of its time and even more now that I am not going to be using it for Auto X. Almost all of my suspension from the Legacy is going to go into the race car and the Legacy is going to get mostly stock STi stuff so its more comfortable on the daily. Yeah going with a 06 WRX Gearset which has a much taller 5th gear. Its one of the reasons I am still considering leaving it N/A because I don't know if I want a Supercharged Tranny killer. With all the torque it would produce I would need a pretty good 5mt. I think I am probably going to make both manifolds. My plan is to run it N/A for a while and just enjoy the car and then if I get the urge for more speed pull the motor and put the SC mani on. If I decide that a track car is all I need to go fast and a 280whp N/A Legacy is enough for the street then I will just sell the SC Setup. I am sure somebody would buy that.

The Legacy was built with the idea that is was going to be a nice, comfortable quiet cruiser with style and class. I want it to look and feel like it can sit in the same showroom as all the high end BMW, and Mercedes sedans. Once I got the bug for Auto X I re-did the suspension and the car is not as comfortable and quiet as could be. This time its going to be finished the way it was originally envisioned.

Nice Comfortable Suspension

Lots of Sound Proofing (Going to use foam so its light)

Going back to my 19x10.5 Volt GTMs

Custom Giant Viper BBK

EZ30R swap with baller tucked engine bay and custom manifold

New Front Bumper (Something classier)

Other possible Ideas:

09 Legacy Front end Conversion

Air Bags

Supercharger Setup

I need to finish the race car before this gets any rebuild love. Its going into the garage at the end of the month to get stripped of all the drivetrain bits and slowly it will get put back together as time and funds allow. Prolly be done sometime in Spring.

Johann @ Girodisc

rail buggies have room. legos are a bit more cramped. its almost impossible to run a tt on a 4 cyl, none the less on an h6. a super charger would most definately be the way to go.

Joel, I don't think that you are aware that the EZ30R is only .700″ longer than an EJ20!* True fact! A very efficient engine at that.

Archived