LegacyGT.com

Girodisc Widebody 99 GT Limited

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all I will have some pics of the wheels this weekend at the next auto x. I don't have time to do a proper shoot until a little later this month with Auto X, a Family trip, and moving so just hold tight and I promise not to disappoint.

Got tuned for good on Friday and the numbers looked great. Much higher then I expected. 252whp @ 5400 and 272 ft/lbs @ 4400. 18.5 PSI and spooling about 3100. Its a perfect setup for Auto X. Not a great deal of power but its enough for me to finish the season and go for more this winter. New suspension hopefully comes today so I can get it in tonight before I leave.

Johann @ Girodisc

Okay well I took a few crappy pics of the lego with the new kicks. I know this will ruin the car for some and transform it for others. Took a bit of getting used to but I have concluded that they are baller and they finally complete the car for the look I was going for.

Crappy night shot:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/LegoNew66.jpg

Most recent outside its new home:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/LegoNew65.jpg

Johann @ Girodisc

I wish they were a gunmetal like the old ones, but......they still are baller. And the car has the performance to back up whatever rims you throw on there. Congrats on the new wheels, you must be very happy with how far this thing has come.

Nah black is way to sleeper for my tastes and it seem like everybody that get these wheels get white or black so I can't have that ether. I think I am going to paint the inside the hoop the same green as my calipers...

So Auto X on sat. Took 2nd to a Tore-ass SHO that was preped. Stripped interior, lexan windows, slicks, 270whp. Lost by only 1.5 secs with my old coilovers in there so I am betting I can shrink the gap once the new coils go in tonight. I have some work I need to do to the suspension over the next couple weeks before the next event but I think once I get proper racing coils in there it will greatly improve my times and get rid of the sloppy rear end feeling I am getting from old coilovers which flex in the center and give me live camber adjustment... LOL

Johann @ Girodisc

"Live Camber Adjustment"? Sounds like the ole' 4 wheel steering system I used to have in my Isuzu impulse. All of the bushings flexed for the rear end to stay on the ground only the camber would change as well...it was intended by Lotus when they designed the suspension for the final year Impulse AWD TURBO. Fun car...parts were a biooch to find.

Yeah it isn't as fun. The rear end felt delayed. If I would take a corner I could feel the rear end kinda float and then settle in. Going around S curves smoothly is cake in a Subaru but because of the way the rear was acting it was behaving like I was flicking it because I was waiting for the rear end to shift over.

Anyways that's a thing of the past cuz I got the new coils in with my starter setup and it is a night and day difference. My car is finally behaving like it should and changes direction very quickly. Doesn't bounce as much as it used to a way more comfy ride. I still have some tweaking to do to dial it in (mainly ride height, pre-load, and camber) and once its all finished up I will see if I can get it corner balanced and have the alignment checked.

Johann @ Girodisc

Glad to hear you got the new coils in. We will need:

1) pictures

2) videos of auto-x

3) a win for johann

we're all kind of a needy bunch :) still impressed by the work you've done

I'll be at a few of the big shows and meets this year so that might be your chance.

Sorry the most resent pics of the motor I changed the intake manifold and IC piping to black. I am still up in the air on colors right now in the engine bay. Also the nice looking polished intake manifold wouldn't seal so I stuck a stocker back on but I am going to make my own in a few weeks I think. I like this swap its making descent power and now I am setup to run any bigger combination in the future so I don;t know if I am going to swap the H6 in. For the price is would cost to get the engine in and fab all the bits I would do a custom 10:5:1 comp STi block on a large 16g or small 18g and have the same power band with 100-120 more HP and only require a bit of tuning to get it dialed in. Starting over sounds like a PITA especially with all the issues I had with this setup so. But if I can get the swap running on the other car then just swap it into mine with no issue then its still on the table. I need to redo some of the body work this winter so I am going to focus on that and worry about the power later since its already making a respectable amount for auto x.

Johann @ Girodisc

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. Photo shoot coming up for the lego and its new wheels in a couple weeks. Just finished 1st at the Baker Auto X This past weekend got 4th fastest time of the day thats saying a lot.

Anyways now that the move is over I can finally start getting back on track in the new shop and get down to bidness. Got a new project that's going to be a big one kicking off in a couple weeks. Also with a new house and new start at life I also stepped into the 21st century and got myself an Iphone. Double the size of my old Nano and I can stream Pandora in the shop would enough for me. However Naturally like my cars, my phone must look like no other. Ordered in a nice aluminum case and used the laser etcher at work to customize it.

I know this has nothing to do with my car but it came out really sweet and I wanted to share haha.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/IphoneLaser.jpg

Johann @ Girodisc

I was thinking around 70.00 for the case anodized in whatever color you want and lasered. Its going to be a bit before I would have any more in my hands but I think thats a pretty fair price given its aluminum.

Archived