LegacyGT.com

Girodisc Widebody 99 GT Limited

Joel, I don't think that you are aware that the EZ30R is only .700″ longer than an EJ20!* True fact! A very efficient engine at that.

you would be correct in that assumption sir. but i was really thinking along the lines of how the exhaust and all of the piping would come into play. maybe not as bad as i think but tt setup would still seem pretty darn difficult.

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't be to bad. I was concerned with efficiency and weight. To have a Twin turbo system work you can do it with ether a fully split setup so one turbo for each side. Its hard. Exhaust ports has to have the same amount of volume so they will spool the same. What way I would do it would be to have the exhaust run off one large wastegate to regular the same next pressure in both pipes.

but...

2 turbos

2 up-pipes

2 down-pipes

2 intercooler pipes etc

That's a lot of weight. Not to mention you have to brace it to the motor since its hanging off the engine's motor mounts. Its also way more expensive to buy all that shit. One Eaton M90 is 1200.00 and its easy to install. I'm not running AC anyways. so I can sit right in the middle of the motor.

Johann @ Girodisc

Forget 2 turbos ;) yes the SC would be cool but...idk a turbo would be so much more cooler.

I would run a:

GT4088 or a AVO550 or maybe a BW variant

Custom exhaust manifold

FMIC

1300cc Injectors

5MT gearbox as well

And allt he supporting soft/hardware bits that you clearly already know about to make it all work properly.

A boosted EZ30 would have the sickest note and dyno graph

its an 06 wrx gearset. if I toast the tranny I'll go back to a 6mt with taller gears. This car isn't going to be driving super hard like when I was auto xing. I bet it will last for a while but yes if its Supercharged it won't last forever.

Johann @ Girodisc

5MT on the EZ30R?

YES! 6MT ratios and the power curve of a SuperCharged EZ30R would mean numerous shifts :lol:

Giro you are right torque at 2000 upwards is attractive and the relatively easy install would be enough for me as well. Hell tuning with the SC would be a bit easier i suspect. What would you go with a E90 ??:lol:

I was thinking around 70.00 for the case anodized in whatever color you want and lasered. Its going to be a bit before I would have any more in my hands but I think thats a pretty fair price given its aluminum.

i work for sprint and have friends in biz development...might be a fit. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived