LegacyGT.com

Girodisc Widebody 99 GT Limited

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your gen LGT is the reason I fell in love with Subarus and yours is just sick man... sick :)

+1

finally got myself a 98 and have had a photo of your car on my desktop ever since... hoping to get a rolled STI from the UK and do a full STI conversion... hopefully will be able to replicate your bodywork as well... (I'm more than 10,000kms away so I hope you don't mind me dreaming of copying your work!)

there is no better looking legacy out there!!

Giro, did you go with a EZ30D or the EZ30R. I hear the wiring is a total nightmare. Also, that the 30R has the dreaded immobilizer to deal with. The 30D would be a much less problematic swap. I'm looking at a 01' outback wagon at the auction and just buying the entire wreckage and making one complete car out of that.

How's your build going?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Awesome looking LGT, your not worried about bumps or pot holes. Wheels hit the wells?

Where did u get that Y pipe rear exhaust from and how did u get to instal it?

Mine has a annoying box with hose in the way.

Awesome looking LGT, your not worried about bumps or pot holes. Wheels hit the wells?

Where did u get that Y pipe rear exhaust from and how did u get to instal it?

Mine has a annoying box with hose in the way.

He extended the fenders with Accord fenders so that there wouldn't be any clearance issues. I also think the car is on coils. The dual exhaust....heck this guys got rid of the spare tire compartment altogether and made the room for the exhaust. I hear he stitch welded the car's body as well. Joel is 100% correct in that everything on this legacy is a one time deal. Giro made magic happen with this old baby.

i am the buyer of this car, currently it is kinda sad and in limbo. running the stock engine and trans from my crashed outback.

dont think this is the end of this car's life, i bought it knowing full well what i was getting into and what needed to happen to this car.

i am currently planning my build for this car

i WILL be throwing on xxr 522's in an aggressive 18x9.5 +20 and wrapping those in BFgoodrich KDW tires with my tax return, i am going to be buying some liberal sideskirts and color matching those, the car WILL maintain the VIP look and i also have plans for a MAJOR swap into it with the assistance of johann and of another friend of mine

the plan

H6 (really pushing for a 3.6 but might end up settling for a 3.3 it just depends on what i can get my hands on come spring) and following that will be an eventual supercharger build (hoping by this time next year) i am a very devoted subaru owner and i hope to do this car justice. i love it, and i only hope i can keep Lego's fans interested

Do not anger us. We are really mean.

And, do a 3.0l. Cheaper to get than a 36 which are hella expensive and rare. And the 33 is a great engine but not obd2 compliant and the parts cost arms and legs and they are really, really big.

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

not going with a 3.0, with a supercharge build i wont get enough power out of it to make it worth the work and money, i see 3.6's in crashed tribecas and legacies fairly often here in seattle, its like subaru paradise and no one knows the value of their parts up here except us suby guys.

my friend is running a 3.3 in his 97 legacy sedan, and its running and driving well, if i am going to do this, i am going to go big, a 3.0 is just not what i want.

not the prettiest it has ever been but here is a shot of the lego right now, need to be lowered in the front and bigger wheels and to replace the sideskirts (as one of them flew off on my first drive in her) but like i said, im going with some liberals

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m30/sgtfisher/DSCN1112.jpg

its gonna be a fun trip. and in the end i just hope you all like it, but im sure im gonna get some heat through the process, but i know what i want and im willing to put in the time effort and money, even if that means she isnt show worth until after the engine swap.

You must be new to the h6 Subaru thing. Tons of power can be made with the 30 motors. It is plenty of motor. Also the 36 has bent connecting rods. Not the ideal setup for forced induction. The ez30r is the best choice with the 30d right behind it. They are very reliable and capable of making gobs of power. Especially if you are gonna throw money at them. A 30r can be had at a upullit for around a grand or less. The 33 will be the cheapest and easiest route but it brings up a whole other host of problems. But they do respond well to forced induction. But installing them means hacking up a lot of the awesome work johann did. I HIGHLY reccomend the 30 route. It is only a hair longer than the 25 and weighs considerably less than the 33. The 36 like I said would require some custom stuff internally to be very reliable and custom=expensive. Not to mention a tuning headache. And if anything breaks, custom stuff is hard to come by. You end up waiting weeks for parts.

If this is your dd, 30 is the single best route. If it isn't and you have gobs of money to piss away, go with a 36 and we will hang on your threads every word. Or do the smart thing and buy a z06. They are very fast.

You must be new to the h6 Subaru thing. Tons of power can be made with the 30 motors. It is plenty of motor. Also the 36 has bent connecting rods. Not the ideal setup for forced induction. The ez30r is the best choice with the 30d right behind it. They are very reliable and capable of making gobs of power. Especially if you are gonna throw money at them. A 30r can be had at a upullit for around a grand or less. The 33 will be the cheapest and easiest route but it brings up a whole other host of problems. But they do respond well to forced induction. But installing them means hacking up a lot of the awesome work johann did. I HIGHLY reccomend the 30 route. It is only a hair longer than the 25 and weighs considerably less than the 33. The 36 like I said would require some custom stuff internally to be very reliable and custom=expensive. Not to mention a tuning headache. And if anything breaks, custom stuff is hard to come by. You end up waiting weeks for parts.

If this is your dd, 30 is the single best route. If it isn't and you have gobs of money to piss away, go with a 36 and we will hang on your threads every word. Or do the smart thing and buy a z06. They are very fast. B

Oh and btw, I have a 33 in my 98 gt.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If this is your dd, 30 is the single best route. If it isn't and you have gobs of money to piss away, go with a 36 and we will hang on your threads every word. Or do the smart thing and buy a z06. They are very fast. B

Oh and btw, I have a 33 in my 98 gt.

What are good ways to get big power out of an EZ30 reliably?

Brother's driving my old 2004 Outback H6 LLBean (which was bought new by our mom), and us lowering it on coilovers and putting down huge power with it has crossed my mind many times...

Supercharger is about the best way to up the power on the 30d. Plenty of people making decent power on less than 10 psi with great tuning and e85. That would be my route. Your definition of huge power may be different than mine but huge power on a 30d will require some real pricey parts.

Supercharger is about the best way to up the power on the 30d. Plenty of people making decent power on less than 10 psi with great tuning and e85. That would be my route. Your definition of huge power may be different than mine but huge power on a 30d will require some real pricey parts.

Huge as in 300 AWHP. I think that would make the Outback fast enough to scare it's first owner ;)

What brand makes a good H6 supercharger? Are there even kits, or do you have to make a custom one?

If the engine mods & an STI 6MT swap come out to under $10,000, I'm goin for it!!!

Huge as in 300 AWHP. I think that would make the Outback fast enough to scare it's first owner ;)

What brand makes a good H6 supercharger? Are there even kits, or do you have to make a custom one?

If the engine mods & an STI 6MT swap come out to under $10,000, I'm goin for it!!!

If 300 is your goal and you've got 10 k to spend. You are in good shape if you can do the work yourself. And raptor would be my choice.

If 300 is your goal and you've got 10 k to spend. You are in good shape if you can do the work yourself. And raptor would be my choice.

Sweet

Definitely food for thought.

Only problem is that the $10,000 includes a 5MT or 6MT swap; this 4EAT is just not going to do if I'm gonna be running 300 whp hahaha. It's too stupid to manage the 210 bhp it's being given now :p

If the price of supercharging and a 6MT swap works out to under $10,000, I'll definitely consider this route, as opposed to buying and modding a 4th gen. GT wagon. Once I have $10,000 of fun-money, that is :spin:

im seeing about 6.5-7 grand for an H6 + charger + 5mt (04+ wrx) and rebuilding the h6 with higher compression pistons and a rebuild on the trans and having it welded to keep everything in the beast. i dont want a 6mt as im only ever going to use this car for autocross if im gonna even race it so no need for a 6th gear and if i do the rebuild i think i could get a longer 5th gear anyway so when i do get on the freeway i can just make the longer shift to 5th... i have til next fall before im planning on having this completed but its really coming together as far as info goes.

Archived