LegacyGT.com

Diet/Workout Discussion Thread

Do you work out all the time? It took almost 8 days of hard core work out and cardio, weights, etc to wake my metabolism. Gets harder and harder as we get older. Right now I'm sporting a really awesome bruise on my arm from blocking at boxing. I hope it goes away by the time I go to Hawaii. :(
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
try a sauna suit? I gained 2 lbs the first week and got frustrated. I was retaining a lot of excess water. So I put on my sauna suit and literally lost like 4 lbs in a day. LOL. You'll gain some back of course, but it seemed to kick my metabolism in the ass that needed to start burning them up.

try a sauna suit?

dumb:rolleyes: basically dehydrating yourself to get your weight down which will inevitably go back up.

trying to stay consistant with both exercise and nutrition can be challenging for some. quick fixes aren't the answer. appealing? yes. its tough, but if it weren't challenging it wouldn't be rewarding! :)

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Well I haven't lost any damn weight. Arghhhhhhh!!!!

There's a school of thought that the body uses fat cells as a "toxic repository" when it's unable to process ingested & environmental toxins. Sort of like a quarantine area, the body intuitively knows not to mess with those cells since they're toxic. The result is fat that just won't go away.

This is one reason why people can see dramatic results with whole-body cleansing and there are tons of cool stories out there (some true, some exaggerated). I have a few of my own. Mostly exaggerated. :)

There are a lot of reasons why someone may not get results from a new diet/exercise program. My point is that diet & exercise are only part of what makes us healthy, there's a lot more in the equation.

Dismounting soapbox now...:rolleyes:

dumb:rolleyes: basically dehydrating yourself to get your weight down which will inevitably go back up.

trying to stay consistant with both exercise and nutrition can be challenging for some. quick fixes aren't the answer. appealing? yes. its tough, but if it weren't challenging it wouldn't be rewarding! :)

I dunno. I wear one pretty much when I work out. Yes, to help shed the excess water and somewhat dehydrate, but I also hydrate while exercising, especially if I'm sparring or going for longer than an hour and half. Hell, I don't even drink water or bring water with me on runs 5 miles or below.

anyways, 13 deg out and overcast. Going to be one chilly 5K race this morn! :D

Simplest way to do body composition is have a trainer at your gym do the pinch-tests, they'e reasonably accurate & usually $20 or so. There are some scales out there that can do it too but they're affected by water & salt in your body so not always accurate.

If I were your trainer I'd first ask what's the difference between 155# & 165# to you? How tall are you? What are your activities (I'm guessing you're tuning up for summer in CO, is there a goal)? The biggest indicator would be your body comp, I think that's your next big question.

Otherwise I think you might benefit from going deeper into a discipline rather than so much cross-training. So for instance cut your weight time down to 2-3 sets of each & ramp up the running to include a few hi-mileage days per week.

Regardless with the amount of focus you have going you'll definitely get there, it's just a question of how quickly. Sounds like you're doing some good work.

I'm 5'10, 155lbs is a goal I set when I started working out because I remembered looking my best at that weight. For almost the last 10 years up until I started working out 5 months ago I was overweight highest I weighed in at was 204. When I started working out most recently I was at 196.4lbs. Mainly just want to live healthly, keep my weight in control going forward with my life. Ultimately when my partially torn MCL lets me be in shape to play hockey again I plan on going skating sometime next month to test out the knee.

As for your plan on going more cardio less on weights I implemented this plan started today, added an additional mile to my run. Tomorrow I will be doing the same on my lift day and cut the sets down to 4 this week. Then the following week I plan to add one more mile to each day and cut the sets down to 3.

I dunno. I wear one pretty much when I work out. Yes, to help shed the excess water and somewhat dehydrate, but I also hydrate while exercising, especially if I'm sparring or going for longer than an hour and half. Hell, I don't even drink water or bring water with me on runs 5 miles or below.

anyways, 13 deg out and overcast. Going to be one chilly 5K race this morn! :D

^^You are going hardcore, 13degrees running 5k takes some dedication but I guess you don't have a ton of choice in AK if you want to run outside.

I pour sweat working out in cutoffs and shorts, if I worked out with a sweat suit on I would look like a dried up prune by the time I was done.

She's messed up in the head! I once heard she fought a moose with her bare hands.

:lol:loud

shad up!

I am obsessive. I have a week before I head to Hawaii so it's very much on! work out/run in the morn, work, boxing in the eve and then a short strength training afterwards. Once I get back from my trip, I will be quasi unemployed and will be working out 2 to 3 times daily until I achieve my overall goals. Basically, I plan for fitness to be my "job". Also, have a few peeps who want me to work with them, so kinda will be a job in that regards since I will get paid. :D

Basically, I plan for fitness to be my "job".

Damn, I would settle for a stationary bike at my desk that powers my desktop. I hate sitting on my ass for nine hours a day... worst part is how lethargic I feel when I get home. I do however love the second wind I get after going to the gym.

at the kiosk, I often stood instead of sitting. if I was on the phone, I had a headset so I could kinda walk around a little. I did squats, lunges, stretches, resistance bands, anything that was small that I could just MOVE and not be sitting. of course, working in a mall, I often took walks up the stairs, around the place and back down the stairs just to break up the monotony of working 12-14 hr shifts. soooo boring.

Hmm Hawaii. You going to Oahu?

Yes. Staying with friends. Guess I better get hold of them since I'll be there in 6 days :D

Down to 120 now. Still got some more to go and still trying to get this damn six pack! Coach been working me like crazy right now. Really need to get in to swimming somewhere or sometime 2 times a week min. But not too many places here for that. :( guess I'll be swimming and snorkeling a lot in Hawaii! :)

so apparently the club is putting on a summer exhibition type boxing matches. Coach told me tonight he wants me to fight in June. So looks like I'll be fighting sooner than winter. LOL.

so apparently the club is putting on a summer exhibition type boxing matches. Coach told me tonight he wants me to fight in June. So looks like I'll be fighting sooner than winter. LOL.

You'll have to post a youtube video of your knockout punch to your opponent.

Thanks guys for the advice on shocking my body. Seems like common sense but for some reason the idea didn't occur, already seeing results. Its been only 5 days since going more hard core with cardio been doing an extra 2 miles on dedicated run days and 1.5 miles on lift days gotten the weight down 3.2lbs already. Weighed in today at a new low of 161.5 according to the Wii, getting very close to my original goal. I definitely am not even close to being overweight anymore, feeling great about it.

TP, that's great news! I have a feeling I will be in need of doing the same. 3 weeks back into boxing and I'm down 7 lbs so far. It still fluctuates each morning by about a lb, but I'm still on my way to cutting out the fat and replacing it with lean muscle.

As for knock out punch, this will be a bit more organized than the Thurs fights. It will be real boxing with dedicated weight classes and experience. Sounds to be much more challenging. The main problem will be finding other women to fight.

TP, that's great news! I have a feeling I will be in need of doing the same. 3 weeks back into boxing and I'm down 7 lbs so far. It still fluctuates each morning by about a lb, but I'm still on my way to cutting out the fat and replacing it with lean muscle.

As for knock out punch, this will be a bit more organized than the Thurs fights. It will be real boxing with dedicated weight classes and experience. Sounds to be much more challenging. The main problem will be finding other women to fight.

good job TP

AKLGT....are you using pillows to fight? :wub:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

hahahahaha!!!! and in my itty bitty undies? :lol::lol::lol:

no. :cool:

frickin tease!:rolleyes:

Archived