LegacyGT.com

Diet/Workout Discussion Thread

That's a nice set up. Rogue is too expensive to try and ship up here.

Opened up my gym in January, then new larger location (still a bit small, but it works for now) April 1. I've switched from all box training and running to heavy weights and some running and box training. Totally different training, but pretty interesting. I've been on a cut since April 1? It's going much slower than I hoped, but still having progress.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awesome. Do you mean commercial gyms, or gym space for your use only?

I never had good success cutting while trying to make progress with my lifts. My progress would stall (or regress) unless I ate above a very specific amount of food. The only way I could recomp while still making progress with strength was to eat very clean and run however much extra I needed to to end each day with a 300-500 calorie deficit. If I tried to run more or cut a few calories to accelerate the process it would take away from my next round of lifts. Of course I was on a beginner program where you are going for 5RM every training day, so that may not carry over to your specialized/specific training.

Anyways, received all the home gym stuff yesterday! I'm going to try and set it up this weekend in between rebuilding a customer's engine and general house clean-up.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/840/abjz.jpg

Here we go! Please ignore the mess around the rack, we just shoved everything around to make room for now. I'm hoping to clean it up and sheetrock in the near future.

First workout tonight! :)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/841/0z25f.jpg

Just enough room for pulls/chins.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/853/n6cd.jpg

I went back to work full time and opened my gym to train clients part time in evenings. I have a trainer who also trains her clients out of my gym/studio as well. It's small, 820 sqft and growing.

and yes, I almost broke myself in half on Thursday from deads. I forget, dropping down to 1550 cals from 2200 cals makes a world of difference in what I can lift. I barely managed 115 vs 185 back in April. On the upside.... progress so far is great. I finally dipped back into the 120's. It's been since August of last year since I saw 12x on the scale. Of course, I totally ate too much this weekend but I'm back on plan today.

• 3 weeks later...

So the wife and I started the P90X3 tonight... Having done the original p90X for a couple years, we were looking forward to this, and the lesser time commitment. Again (just as with the p90x), we're going to do our own version of the program, and likely only do it 3 days a week, but we saw excellent results with the p90x.

So, the X-3... As with the original program, its no gimmick! They pretty much double up all the excercises, so you're doing strength training while doing core. Sometimes legs while your doing another major muscle group. 30 minutes was rough. We haven't done strength training in a couple years. There will be advil consumed this week.

LOL. People always underestimate the difficulty of good old plyometrics and body weight exercises. There's been many times I don't have access to a gym nor time to get to one, so it's all home based workouts, plyo or body weight. I've been out on an injury for 2.5 weeks now, supposed to be 4 weeks but I broke down and went for an hour to box training.... possibly over did. my injury is not happy right now.

Hopefully, I will be back to full health in the next 10 days so I can start training again for my half marathon in August. I did manage to hobble through a marathon on the 21st, which of course made my injury so much worse. Live and learn.

• 1 year later...
First workout done. So nice to not have to wait for equipment or listen to a bunch of mouth breathers talking in the power rack.

Snagged a pic with the dip bar setup.

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/4070/fnm7.jpg

That used to drive me nuts. The community center only had one rack, and when the youngins would show in groups they would stand around taking up the rack BSing. GTFO!!!!

How do you like the dip bar with the S-2?

I've been wanting to add that to my setup, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Here's my setup so far.

S-2

Ohio bar

Rogue Hi Temp bumper plates. These things stunk for months, but they are fine now that they have outgassed. :lol:

Spud Inc. econo tricep and lat pulley.

Not pictured is the Rogue flat utility bench. Wanted and adjustable one to do incline press, etc. but the couldn't stomach the price for any of the ones that I found that didn't appear to be chintzy.

I did this mainly because I cannot get to the gym during the winter months when it's pretty much dark out when I am not at work (can't drive at night). It's nice to be able to knock out a workout whenever.

hFSXdKqwy4IwRPHp69kg_jam3P-KZsW0p928XekkDbYSM-Ogc1XclYwIW_E7rhJz7xj9Y6aGIrR3o3fjSVcX-U6Xubx2sw8SKnRHmj7otBjpChAxgdSs3eH4oYsBz_d_uQBSQn7qgEZb0BRfyMXtICY66JQN2Gs2UvH4sCsP80ufcjVUd6wrQXpJMmu0RlscdZXRKZZboklf4fm4ORVZvxdkMVV8o_8nDiV3JaK-tHHeAWFviLDbo1f_nzW7BFSC0ufJcr_mBSEBS_Ml5deIIurcA7RTMfWxmVdT23STsCYLhTYNQjIPA8AttlX0fZlYYZ7LwNpdt7iqi1KvDOAQ687O8bb8ska0wSXlhIUxQBV1lSjjXFe1oXG5xqshtARevJC2i78AAx7T1lQVal_0DNgyzmQc8JDehXcEQQQGTlzz99VSdEOfFjn9onzDZ0doQm3Psyt1kzxpc1xHRi7HCWbZ3uwKl8X-22Xsm5U03iBsa26uUG23zACiin8QqaEcXfC7Ag6FX8o1fTUJnXGoLVUe3ZI-VJ1xRU0zJERexoIQGOI4XsquXsAGP-d9YFVpKkpVRnKs5H7BuzCPG4KZ66QBMKflbNw=w1688-h949-no

J-J, agree about plyo and bodyweight exercises. They can and will kick your butt.

:lol:

Archived