LegacyGT.com

Diet/Workout Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to the start of my cycling season, hopefully I'll stay healthy this year. Still have some numbness in my left foot at times. Blowing up discs in one's back should be avoided at all costs.

I now get to pay the price for a youth lived the hard way humping a rifle and a pack. Ugh.

It seems like when I think I have it beat I'll get that damned numbness in the ball of my foot again. No matter I continue to stay physically active, and have upped my cardio routine to around 50-60 minutes before I do any resistance training. Seems to be working since I dropped about 4lbs in the last week or two.

The other day I got a wild hair up my ass to do a shit load of pull ups and did max sets starting with what turned out to be 18 for the first set, and then did four more sets of 10, plus dips and push ups in between. My arms were not happy with me for the next couple of days. All in all not horrible for a a guy who could stand to lose 15-20lbs and scales out at 212lbs or so.

that's pretty good. my best pull ups set has been 10. I MAY have done 11 at one point, but generally only 10. I've lost much of my upper body strength over the winter, so I was only able to get 4 or 5 in. I'm back up to about 8 in the first set. I can muster 10 push ups. LOL. So, really working on the upper body and core right now. Coach has me working pretty freaking hard since he's determined to have me be "champion" (can sorta understand his broken English). He's like a korean Mr Miagi from Karate kid. LOLZ!
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Even being able to do one pull up is exceptional for most females. Remember to mix up both front and reverse grips on the bar to work different muscle groups. Front grip will really work your upper back, and reverse grip gets your biceps and upper chest (at least it seems to for me).

Don't know what to tell you on the push ups most guys I have know who could do 10 pull ups could also knock out well over 50 push ups too. Women are different in that regard I guess.

Baller!

I just bought a new 29er to rip up the trails with when I'm not riding my road bike.

If it's your first 29er, you will like it. 29ers seemingly roll over anything. The only challenges for them are the high handlebar height, wheel/pedal overlap, and wheel strength issues associated with having such ridiculously large diameter off-road tires. That's why most bike shops don't recommend 29ers for anyone under 5'8" or the front tire will practically touch your rear tire. :lol:

Even being able to do one pull up is exceptional for most females. Remember to mix up both front and reverse grips on the bar to work different muscle groups. Front grip will really work your upper back, and reverse grip gets your biceps and upper chest (at least it seems to for me).

Don't know what to tell you on the push ups most guys I have know who could do 10 pull ups could also knock out well over 50 push ups too. Women are different in that regard I guess.

ya, since I hurt my wrist last summer, I'm very careful on the chin up and pull up bar. I can still do both, but the chin up (holding away from me) hurts more than pull up.

as for push ups, I don't know what it is about them that just makes it difficult for me. I think the most I've ever been able to do in a row in my life has been maybe 25? so must be my chest muscles are lacking. :lol:LOUD!

my core is finally starting to come along like it used to, so I can make it through a set of 100 leg lifts on the bench just fine now. I add some twists and also some inclined twists and crunches in the mix now. Lots and lots of oblique work too.

Anyone have some tips on running or jogging? I'm considering trying that instead of joining a gym. I know shoes are a major deal so I've already started looking for a good pair. But anything else to know or think about before I try to start up?

Anyone have some tips on running or jogging? I'm considering trying that instead of joining a gym. I know shoes are a major deal so I've already started looking for a good pair. But anything else to know or think about before I try to start up?

https://www.facebook.com/notes/polar-usa/are-you-training-for-your-first-5k/10150115306646074

and this is a great article:

http://www.active.com/women/Articles/Starting_From_Zero.htm?cmp=17-1-341

what are your ultimate goals? you want to run a race?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Great articles! Thanks, AK. I can't get the FB one at work but I did read the other and both are good to know.

what are your ultimate goals? you want to run a race?

I want to do a little of everything. Lose a little weight, work on my stress level, get out of the house. You name it. I'm also considering taking some yoga to compliment this.

consider some form of lifting too. hell you don't need a gym, and you can do it outdoors.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Great articles! Thanks, AK. I can't get the FB one at work but I did read the other and both are good to know.

I want to do a little of everything. Lose a little weight, work on my stress level, get out of the house. You name it. I'm also considering taking some yoga to compliment this.

consider some form of lifting too. hell you don't need a gym, and you can do it outdoors.

Resistance bands! Cheap and don't take up much space. Also, jumping rope. Jump urself into great shape. If you have fb, add active.com to your pages and they have wonderful articles (where I got the above).

I learned that running 3.5 miles in 65 deg humid temps is way different from running in 5 deg icy temps. I now have really cool armband, shorts, socks and racerback tee tan lines. :( tomorrow will have to change that up a bit.

I now have really cool armband, shorts, socks and racerback tee tan lines. :( tomorrow will have to change that up a bit.

You tease.:p

Pics for motivation?:wub::lol:

You tease.:p

Pics for motivation?:wub::lol:

pfff.....I've tried....she won't give them up:lol:

im on a beach with other half naked peeps some i dont mind seeing and others i wish would put their clothes back on :/ giant waves and surfers. Yes, please!

*edit*

no, you just never looked in the right thread. :munch:

but here, I'll post this one up that was my avy for awhile. Still no damn six pack though... hopefully I will have it by end of April! So effing close!

36055_1641758973886_1534172851_31665198_7093018_n.jpg

:eek:

where do you live???

link to said pics? wait....perv.....no I'm not......:lol:

[quote=AKLGT;3329785

no, you just never looked in the right thread. :munch:

where's the thread? I see no thread!

and thanks Bolskey for taking the perv label off me and onto you:lol:

I'm on day 2 in Hawaii. Didn't get up and run this morn as I didn't want to chance being run over in commute traffic. So I opted for jumping rope and shadow boxing. I haven't done any core and ate a ton last night at dinner. *sigh* seriously, if I gain weight on this trip, I'm in deep shit with Coach. So heading to Haunama Bay for swimming and snorkeling. Then plan to do lap swimming at the pool. Today will be a water day. Tomorrow: shark cages! Woot!

Archived