LegacyGT.com

ERZ Catted DP

istealfrombums

In your situation probably cheapest/smartest to gut the cats out of your OEM pipe.;) Just get another OEM pipe for inspection or whatever.

Trying to find a 2nd oem pipe is the problem! I presume only one off a same spec jdm Legacy will fit, and not many of them around here for salvage!

I think you would still have the restriction at the mouth of the OEM downpipe since the wastegate exit is blocked with a blanking plate. Or can this be punched through?

Sorry for thread hijack!

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan. You can contact ERZ directly, but I do not think they ship international. I am arranging a few pipes to ship out of the USA for other members. If you shot me a PM with a shipping address I can get you a quote for shipping. I am having the pipes sent to me (I am 3 hours from ERZ). I am then shipping them FedEx or USPS International. I am filling out the customs paperwork as a "gift" with a value of $25USD.

Shipping from CA to Canada is about $55 USD. I can make the same arrangements for you.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Dan. You can contact ERZ directly, but I do not think they ship international. I am arranging a few pipes to ship out of the USA for other members. If you shot me a PM with a shipping address I can get you a quote for shipping. I am having the pipes sent to me (I am 3 hours from ERZ). I am then shipping them FedEx or USPS International. I am filling out the customs paperwork as a "gift" with a value of $25USD.

Shipping from CA to Canada is about $55 USD. I can make the same arrangements for you.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Thanks for info, im think i will have to butcher the ERZ pipe up to fit though cutting oem flange off standard pipe and putting it on to ERZ one, would be very difficult to get right i think, ill send them a pm and see if there manufacturer could make on to suit my little VF38 turbo

Anyone running this DP to stock cat back? Just got my DP yesterday and feeling a little anxious about bolting it up. I would just rather keep the rumble more on the mellow side.

No problems with the OEM CBE. An adapter makes for a cleaner install and less likelihood of leaks. The sound is less noticeable with the OEM CBE. Still need a tune though.

How long can you safely run with the ERZ DP without getting a tune? Assuming you get the DP on in one day, you then need to join the Shamar line and I am assuming it would take a couple of weeks to nail everything down . . . Long-term damage potential? Drive more conservatively? Thanks Sprank

Takes about 2 hours for the first DP swap. I can do it in under an hour.

If you let Shamar know you are going to install and pay up front he can have your first map ready for you before you install. If not, he is very quick.

If you install and do not have at least your first rev from Shamar then just stay out of boost. Drive like an old lady. No romping it, no going over 3500rpm. You will have a CEL also. Keep things soft and easy. If not you will overboost and could cause severe damage.

If you let Shamar know you are going to install and pay up front he can have your first map ready for you before you install. If not, he is very quick.

:whore:

Basic stg 2 map don't take much time at all.

Hey, SPRANK, sorry for flaking on the COBB intake sale couple months ago. Paypal, email, everything was hacked.

Otherwise, thank you for the advise. got the adaptor, a couple new gaskets, and then a tune in....reno.

Hey, SPRANK, sorry for flaking on the COBB intake sale couple months ago. Paypal, email, everything was hacked.

Otherwise, thank you for the advise. got the adaptor, a couple new gaskets, and then a tune in....reno.

Forgot all about that, lol. Hope everything is ok. Sorry to hear you had issues. Enjoy stage2.

CNT pipes FTW!

i need some help please i just installed my erz DP it went pretty smooth until the end when i had to connect it to the Bosal 1.5 CBE, as i was torqueing down the spring bolts i noticed only one side would sit flush while the other side wont. long story short i have a leak, how should i seal it up and the pipe looks slightly bent ill post a pic of what im talking about. I'm looking for a quick fix. thanks

1364951766_erzdpleak1(1).thumb.jpg.9b8b24fe5be2bf8cc0ec8c05d3710990.jpg

864480786_erzdpleak2.thumb.jpg.22ca915fc0fac7c6050b9f2b732402b9.jpg

102082113_erzdpleak3.thumb.jpg.28711dea89f5fe28c922aa275707a005.jpg

Buy another stock gasket from the dealer. When I had mine installed, the installer had oem gaskets on the shelf b/c they know that they'll probably have to use a 2nd gasket. It's no big deal. Of course it's not supposed to need 2 gaskets, but aftermarket parts can only be so precise with their tolerances in order to keep costs to a reasonable level... so sometimes things don't work out quite right. Besides, in general, oem gaskets > aftermarket gaskets. Good luck!
lol

Buy another stock gasket from the dealer. When I had mine installed, the installer had oem gaskets on the shelf b/c they know that they'll probably have to use a 2nd gasket. It's no big deal. Of course it's not supposed to need 2 gaskets, but aftermarket parts can only be so precise with their tolerances in order to keep costs to a reasonable level... so sometimes things don't work out quite right. Besides, in general, oem gaskets > aftermarket gaskets. Good luck!

wont the oem gasket be to small considering the piping isn't 2.5" and a full 3" now

Ditch the spring bolts. They are not meant for that application. Get some Grade8 bolts and nuts so you can torque on them., Then get some Ultra Copper gasket maker. Do not mess with standard gaskets or trying to use two. Just put Ultra Copper on both surfaces then torque until it squeezes out the edges. Let it set overnight and you are good to go.

Ditch the spring bolts. They are not meant for that application. Get some Grade8 bolts and nuts so you can torque on them., Then get some Ultra Copper gasket maker. Do not mess with standard gaskets or trying to use two. Just put Ultra Copper on both surfaces then torque until it squeezes out the edges. Let it set overnight and you are good to go.

im probably going to sound dumb if i havent already but where can i get grade8 bolts the only place i can think of would be home depot or lowes and they never seem to have the right stuff. Also Can i use the bolts the DP came with i have all of them cause i just reused the old ones.

The bolts that came with the DP are hardware grade. Home Dept and Lowes sell grade8. They are in the cabinet drawers with the specialty hardware. You can go there, I do.

Hardware grade is not rated for the torque and pressure you need. Grade8 is automotive grade. Might find them at the auto parts store too, you usually have to ask as they are in the back. The gasket maker is at the auto parts store, hit them up when you go to the counter. Get bolts, nuts washers and lock washers. Bolt through, washer on each end, lock washer on top of flat washer then nut. Use the gasket maker and it will seal. This is how a muffler shop would do it without welding.

thanks m sprank the spring bolts were the weak link and i did look to see how straight each pipe was and it turned out the bosal was slightly bent but i did what you said and they are seated flush and now im waiting for the copper gasket to set in a while so i can remove the excess, thanks again.

Who did your tune in Reno?

Archived