LegacyGT.com

ERZ Catted DP

istealfrombums

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so if i wanted to order one up for my Legacy to butcher up to fit mine which should i go for. Im thinking to get the catted on and worse case scenario get the AVO twinscroll cast outlet welded on or take flange off my stock DP.

If i get the catted one it should pass emmission tests ok?

So AVO outlet with ERZ catted downpipe is the best option? or is standard flange good enough flow? Is there any other differences in the usdm downpipe? the bend angle or mounting points?

Is there a significant difference in power between a stock dp and an aftermarket one? I have one cat left in the dp (the last one), the car is fully spooled by 3200rpms or so, I never got it clear in my head if there is a significant difference or not.

You should be able to spool a few hundred sooner. The bellmouth design and larger piping produce less back pressure and do flow more. I dont know how big you want for "significant". But I have seen plenty of graphs hitting peak at 2800rpm.

Is there a significant difference in power between a stock dp and an aftermarket one? I have one cat left in the dp (the last one), the car is fully spooled by 3200rpms or so, I never got it clear in my head if there is a significant difference or not.

You did a tune as well?

I am on the stock downpipe with the first cat after the turbo gutted. I don't have anything to compare it to.

Ok, you have a stage 2 tune on a stock DP with gutted cat.

I would think that a enlarged DP would provide some pretty decent improvements although you have realized a bit of that already with the stage 2 tune I would reckon.

Can't hurt to try!

Anyone have an issue with getting the mounting bracket by the transmission to line up? For the life of me I could not get it anywhere close. Seems like it is tucked up higher then the stock or the Perrin I just removed.

Once again, lol.

The trick (even with the OEM) is to start the tranny mount bolt FIRST.

Set the DP on the turbo studs. Start the tranny mount bolt by hand (do not tighten).

Tighten and torque turbo bolts.

Tighten and torque tranny mount bolt.

Connect the CBE.

• 1 month later...

Archived