ERZ Catted DP

istealfrombums

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I just ordered one a couple of days ago so I can report back and let you know how she fits etc... got it for 350.00 off cnt website..I think it was 50.00 more on the erz website...may have had something to do with the 'deal of the day'

already got the cobb intake, searching for a used intercooler and fuel upgrades :lol:

• 3 months later...
Quality is not what it once was. Cats used last 1-2 years.

For the past year or two, they dont fit well. Cat is about 2 inches from the CV. Expect to be replacing the passenger side axle shortly. Boot will dry out and tear.

Good to know, thanks for the info. I had read these were Cobb knockoffs, but, even to my very amateur eyes, I thought the cat placement was bad, compared to the Cobb, where it's at the rear of the downpipe.

Is there such a thing as a good quality inexpensive catted downpipe?

They are Invidia knock-offs. For the original price they were a good buy. But since then they have changed factories so fit and finish is not the same. Price has also almost doubled. Then after long term testing we found the cats were failing fast.

Like many things in life... you get what you pay for.

I dont have much experience with the V2 TurboXS. But it is probably (currently) the cheapest "major" name brand pipe available right now. The V1 down pipe hung too low and would hit the ground.

We sell and install far more Invidia than anything else currently. If you have a 5EAT you have even less options. Invidia and Cobb are the major offerings for the 5EAT.

I have heard "rumors" that KillerB, GrimmSpeed and a few others were going to throw their hat in to the down pipe "ring". Grimmspeed tried last year with a 02-06 WRX pipe. FAIL. Great pipe, but priced so high no one purchased and in the end they had to "whore" them out to get rid of them. That might have proven to the other major manufacturers that there was no market for quality anymore (and be why GS never came out with the other down pipes they promised when they released the first one).

• 2 years later...

Archived