LegacyGT.com

ERZ Catted DP

istealfrombums

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On special for $300 delivered here;

http://www.erzperformance.com/ERZ_CNT_performance_08_09_Subaru_WRX_Catted_Dow_p/103erzcatted.htm

It is their WRX site and it is listed as a WRX pipe, but fits the LGT. It is the same pipe.

They're still doing that? Damn, I could have saved my money and waited. Oh, well. Now it's inspiration to get more parts and a tune.:lol:

Yes it will fit fine. All 05-09 LGTs are the same. Only difference is for MT and 5EAT. Different bend in the pipes for the trannies.

Since you have a SpecB (6MT) this pipe is the hot ticket for you. Best pipe for the money by far. Equal to an Invidia (which retails for $500).

If all the MT Catted DP's are the same for the WRX and Legacy GT, then why do they market them for different years?

WRX for years 02-07 and 08-09

LGT for years 05-09

Do both models for the WRX fit my car or just the 08-09 version?

After looking at the sale terms and conditions i want to make 100% sure i am ordering the right part for my car. Sorry if this is redundant....

Ok. 02-07 WRX does not fit LGT. Pipe has correct bends but wrong length.

08-09 WRX fits LGT. LGT being 05-09.

So, a downpipe advertised for a 08-09 WRX fits a 05-09 LGT 5MT/6MT.

The link I posted is for the pipe you need. I used the exact same pipe on my 2008 SpecB. 08-09 WRX MT downpipe from ERZ.

If you need help just shoot me a PM. It is not a problem to assist.

5EAT downpipes are available for order now!

URL for the catted downpipe

http://www.subarugeneration.com/CNT_performance_05_09_Legacy_GT_and_SpecB_with_Man_p/103erzcattedlegacyauto.htm

URL for the non catted downpipe

http://www.subarugeneration.com/CNT_Performance_05_09_Legacy_GT_and_SpecB_with_Man_p/2008erz-05legacyauto.htm

when you add the pipe to your cart you will see the group buy sale price.

guys do you think it would be much work to buy on of these catted DP's and chop off the top flange and stick an Avo cast Bellmouth onto it so it would bolt direct onto my TD04HLA twinscroll? might be the cheapest option for me. The flange would be the only difference right? bend and flange that connects to catback should be the same?

If the AVO cast head is at the same angle (or just have that part fabbed up).

You could get a catless pipe and cut it at the weld between the pipe and cast bellmouth. Then have a shop mate the two pieces together.

Should work.

hmm have no idea about the angle of the cast head. might just be better off getting just the cast head and get the pipe made up locally, thats one option. or just save up the cash and just splash out on the AVO downpipe with the metal race cat, that seems to be the cheapest jdm compatible downpipe

Edit:

just found this downpipe from AVO, it looks like a catless one but cant tell from description as its on their Japanese site

http://www.avosubaru.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=58_3_8&products_id=550

Looks to be a "shorty" pipe that would replace the first section that contains a cat (at least here in the US). Here in the US there would be another cat in the section just behind this so you'd still have that there.

Not sure if this will show up correctly but I ran it through the Google translator...

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avosubaru.com%2Favoshop%2Fproduct_info.php%3FcPath%3D58_3_8%26products_id%3D550&sl=auto&tl=en

OK, that didn't come out as clear as I was hoping! :lol: :lol:

I think getting the cast bellmouth you need and having a custom one fabbed would probably be easiest and likely the cheapest solution.

Cheers!

ye my downpipe is the same, 2 sections, cat in each. AVO cast bellmouth is over 300 dollars on its own! plus shipping to Ireland it would be the cheapest option but still will cost me a small fortune! The joys of being jdm! i suppose i could get a template made up and sell them locally to the other 3-4 jdm legacy owners and maybe make back 100 dollars!

So I start my car today and I'm getting this rattling sound. Right undert the drivers seat a little toward the engine. So basically the DP to CBE connection, It sounds just like when my cbe was rattling against my heat sheild so I check it out and no heat shield rattle. So I feel for leaks at the DP to CBE flange and I'm getting air out the top of it (I used the cheapo 3" gasket that came with the dp..

Would that be causing the rattle?? It almost sounds like there are rocks metal washers in my dp lol

If it leaks, it could be the cause. Maybe check the hardware/torque. Then start looking into other gasket options. I have tried them all, lol. Currently I am using a Grimmspeed 3" gasket w/ silicone.

The gasket paper they usually sell at the auto store is wrong for exhaust. Some do have it. Most muffler shops will sell you a piece of the proper stuff (and then proceed to tell you to get some Ultra Copper Silicone gasket maker).

If the parts are flanged most muffler shops will tell you the silicone actually works best. Just go to Autozone and grab a tube of Ultra Copper for $6. Use it on both surfaces, clean up the extra that squeezes out. If you can, let it sit overnight or for a day. It WILL seal. Stuff is a mess, but works like a champ.

Archived