LegacyGT.com

ERZ Catted DP

istealfrombums

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 91craptacular tune.

This is a 3rd gear pull in a SpecB, clutch slipping some around 4000rpm.

I would post a graph for the e85 tune, but it is useless as the clutch slippage is too great.

These numbers would be slightly higher with a good clutch.

2008 SpecB

68HTA

750cc DW top feeds

255lph Walbro

GS TGV deletes (coated)

3mm phenolic spacers

Perrin LW crank pulley

Perrin EL headers

Cobb uppipe

ERZ catted DP

SPT CBE (modded to 3" flange)

Typhoon intake

AP inlet tube

Prodrive 3 port BCS

GFB BPV (100% recirc)

RacerX FMIC

Infamous1 tune

1051828433_NewImage.thumb.JPG.b0bb2d51fc41aab7d28fe179eb2c29d0.JPG

In for numbers with a healthy clutch. Oddly enough I know a guy with the exact same setup except he has a monster top mount, external wastegate, and P+P stock headers. He put down 315whp / 338lb-ft on 21psi running 93 pump at sea-level.

You'd need ~406whp to match the power/weight ratio of a stock C5 Z06. (excluding driver weights)

Expecting 375-385whp from the e85 tune. I will post once I have a clutch to hold the power. Not sure about power to weight (I take your word for it). Not sure about gearing either. All I know is I pulled out in 4th, shifted into 5, floored it and the vette could not keep up. Might have been cause I was in the meat of the powerband, might not be a fair race. We will be meeting up on April 3rd at AAA Speedway for the street legal drags. I will have a new clutch and be ready for a 5000rpm launch. I am gunning for the Z06 and a 12.3 time.

Not hating, just the numbers:

Stock C5 Z06: 3,118lb / ~360whp = 8.66 lb/whp

Your Spec B: 3,515lb / ~360whp = 9.76 lb/whp

(3,515lb / 405.89whp = 8.66 lb/whp)

From what I've read and seen, 360whp is a reasonable guess for an EJ255 with your mods on E85. It's a lot more likely the motor wasn't 100% on the LS6 or he let off at 130. Stock C5 Z06's with sticky rubber can run under 12 in the 1/4 with a good launch. I'd love to see you beat one, but that's an awfully high goal with the 68HTA. Good luck man, my fingers are crossed you don't break anything with that launch.

Let off at 130? I was going over 140 when I let off.

You ever drive a Z06? Good luck pulling a 12 sec 1/4. Most Z06 drivers pull 13.5 when they are stock. Takes one hell of a driver (or slicks) to break 12's. Sure the mags do it, but they give the car back broke too. Launching a Z06 is an art form.

The Z06 in question is in great condition. The motor is 100%. It belongs to and was driven by Infamous1.

It was his idea to see what the SpecB would do on the freeway. He was not happy he got pulled. he is still texting me about it. We are meeting up at the drags to settle it fair and square.

I know a member with similar mods who ran a 12.3. I am anticipating 12.5 or under.

I will let you know.

Remember, its not just hp to weight ratio. How the power gets laid down to the road, and where the power band is makes a HUGE difference. A diesel semi engine has better power to weight too, but it does not go fast, lol.

Remember, its not just hp to weight ratio. How the power gets laid down to the road, and where the power band is makes a HUGE difference. A diesel semi engine has better power to weight too, but it does not go fast, lol.

Very true. Also, it can be diffciult to break 12s in a C6 z06, let alone a C5 z06.

m sprank, when did you start to notice clutch slippage? My tuner warned of the clutch starting to go, and his wife -- with an 08 spec.B -- mentioned that she noticed it start to slip when she was just over 300 ft-lbs at the wheels.

lol

I've heard the same... I believe it has a larger diameter than all the LGTs

You are correct.

My clutch was fine at stage 2. The first time I floored it with the 68HTA (17k on the odometer) the clutch slipped. We never finished the 91crap tune. We tuned e85 with the clutch slipping in every gear but 1-2. I got stop light skills, yo!

My 91 tune shows 315hp on the airboy. Thats with the clutch slipping. I would imagine that at around 300hp it is toast.

My car is more than drivable still. Just WOT is a little scary cause when the clutch does grab it throws you into the back seat, lol.

Sorry man, the numbers don't lie, 0% chance you beat a healthy C5 Z06 with a decent driver 0-140. The powerband is wider on the Z, it's putting more power to the road (especially with your clutch slipping), AND is 400lbs lighter. It's honestly ridiculous to even suggest otherwise. I don't doubt your story, but that was no ordinary C5 Z. It was most definitely not 100%, the owner can't drive for his life, or the trunk was filled with 45lb weights, lol. Or maybe he was sandbagging you for a track run, who knows. You fellas outta visit the corvette forms and take a look at the slips and times. Bone stock driver-owners run 12.4-12.1 from slips I've actually seen, with just stickier tires they run in the 11's. If I honestly witnessed a Z06 owner run 13.5 at the track I would walk over and tell him he didn't deserve the car, that time is absolutely shameful for the vehicle. Although I've never driven a Z06, I have driven a number of other high powered RWD cars, and yes, it takes a little practice to nail the launch depending on tire selection, but in that car it should be pretty simple. And it should be repeatable without leaving parts all over the track like many 12 second Subaru's.

I don't look at interweb time slips.

I have been to the drags and raced the cars already. Few stock C5 Z06's break 12's.

The car in question has NEVER broken 12's at the drags. Not without slicks.

The car is healthy, the driver is decent, the car does have a stereo in the back ,lol.

We did not leave from a dead stop. We left from 65mph. It was not fair. That is the point. We are going to the drags April 3 to make it fair.

You obviously have no personal experience with Vettes and dragging. I owned one before my Legacys. With no traction control the car will spin the tires and get very squirrelly. If you have never done it you don't know. Launching a Vette is more difficult than you think. Laying down all that power is tough. Especially when that wall gets close to your car, lol.

Lots of Z06's run 13.5 all day. The ones breaking 12's run slicks. This isn't PA. The gas here sucks. Air temps are high and density is low, plus AAA speedway has a slight uphill at the end of the track (to help slowing). Come to my track and watch the Vettes. I have a good chance of winning.

You obviously have no personal experience with Vettes and dragging. I owned one before my Legacys. With no traction control the car will spin the tires and get very squirrelly. If you have never done it you don't know. Launching a Vette is more difficult than you think. Laying down all that power is tough. Especially when that wall gets close to your car, lol.

Lots of Z06's run 13.5 all day. The ones breaking 12's run slicks.

I clearly stated that I've never dragged a Z06 and that the ones running under 12 were not running stock tires, so your point is??? After only a few tries I was able to launch an 03 Terminator putting down 518 whp with a solid holeshot and minimal wheelslip on drag radials and TC off, and I'm certainly no pro. I can't imagine a stock C5 Z could be any harder, you just need decent tires.

Get someone to record the race, it's bound to be a good view if the match up is as close as you say.

Trying to get a meet put together at the drags that day. Should be more than a few witnesses and a vid.

The Vette is bringing slicks. I don't have any, but I have good radials and AWD. Launching a Subie is childs play, lol.

With a 1.6/60ft and a trap of 112-115 a low 12 run is more than possible. I think my car can do that. I have a feeling this is gonna be fun.

Archived