LegacyGT.com

ERZ Catted DP

istealfrombums

Did you have yours tuned after adding the DP?

Am I right to think that a lot of the Youtube clips of exhausts for the LGTs need some wicked tuning done to them?

Some of the YouTube clips most definitely do feature morons revving cars with turbo-back exhausts and no proper tuning. After the CBE install, the battery was just disconnected to reset the ECU. (that's all that's necessary) After the downpipe install I flashed on the Cobb OTS stg 2 map. The AP map caused overboost, so after a little while I took it down to Cleo at Precision Tuning for a dyno pro-tune. Boost was spot on after that.

Lastly from my earlier posts in this thread you could see that I was concerned about increases in the noise from the DP install. I'm happy to report that the changes in sound were minimal.

Good to hear! Frankly I'm really surprised the difference was minimal. (you're probably right about the dynamat) I imagine although the difference may not be much inside the car, outside it's quite a bit louder. Have you driven around with the windows down yet? My only other guess for the low volume is the location of the cat. With the Cobb dp for instance the exhaust noise echos around in the 3" tube for probably a good 4' before it gets calmed down by the cat. The cat in the ERZ is a lot closer to the turbo and perhaps silences the noise before it gets a chance to become louder.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(you're probably right about the dynamat) I imagine although the difference may not be much inside the car, outside it's quite a bit louder.

It is very misleading to say that the DP did not make any difference in sound. The DP definately makes a difference.

I was trying not to comment but that the DP did not make a difference in-car noise level is a review of DYNAMAT not an ERZ DP.:lol:

all u gotta do is look at the tiny stock downpipe under ur hood and ull see how restrictive it really is. a cobb or erz is wayyyyyy better and louder and performancier than stock. and dont ever mod without tuning. duh! although ive heard just CBE with stock DPs require no tune whatsoever, but my tuner told me i gained with intake and cbe...so the debate continues :)

LosAnglesLGT - I completely agree with you, there definitely was a change in sound and volume, I didn't do the best job conveying the differences between the stocker and the ERZ. There is more noise outside the car, no doubt about it. I noticed the change on startup this am, but as it heated up it mellowed and was only a hair louder at idle than when it had the oem LGT dp. WOT - Different story, the whole exhaust is significantly louder and much more bad-arse sounding, however the in cabin experience because of my sound deadening mods resulted in only a slight perceived increase volume and deepening of the exhaust tone if that makes sense. It still chilly up here, so no open windows yet, but I am sure it will be quite noticeable when I am able to do so.

Definitely did not want this to turn into a dynamat advertisement because its not, lol! Sorry if I confused anyone, I will try and get some vids up so you all can see/hear the setup. Thanks for the heads up on the heat shield, I would like to see some pics if there are any available. As always thanks for all the info!

Gene

there definitely was a change in sound and volume, I didn't do the best job conveying the differences between the stocker and the ERZ. There is more noise outside the car, no doubt about it.

Definitely did not want this to turn into a dynamat advertisement because its not, lol!...Thanks for the heads up on the heat shield, I would like to see some pics if there are any available.

I was not trying to flame you at all. I think it is VERY important that you expressed that there is no major difference in car with Dmat. That means others, like you who want a quiet cabin can go stage 2 and not stress. I just did not want anyone to buy the DP because a post said it makes no sound difference and be upset after.

Here is what a trimmed head shield looks like, and as always, your welcome ;) (I get way more from the forum than I give!)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2e1doy8.jpg

Agreed, and none taken, I'd much rather clarify what the heck I was talking about than confuse and lead someone down the wrong path, lol!!! That pic is perfect, I'm gonna have my guy trim the factory piece and install it.

Just got my uppipe and downpipe on today, Ii was a hell of a time getting it all on (mostly because im a amature) but i got it all on none the less. Just wanted to comment on how well every thing went together and fit from the M2 uppipe to the ERZ down pipe. now it's time for a tune. :) Any sugestions on who i should get my car tuned from i need to do it within the next few days.

send a PM to infamous1 or an email to inafmoustuning@yahoo.com.

I know of no better tuner on the forum. He tunes both my cars and just finished an amazing job on my e85 68HTA tune.

He tunes via opensource and Cobb AP. Is available for remote e-tuning and road tunes (local only). Pricing is more than fair and e-tunes include up to 6 revisions (no mods allowed in between).

Yeah, but thats why we did two tunes. I also drained the tank and filled up with e85. Got a fueling station 3 miles from my house now.

I can run the 91 tune if I get stuck. But I am running e85 now. Pulled a Z06 on the way home from the tune. Left him at 130mph, lol.

Yeah. The driver was a little surprised. He tuned the SpecB.

I pulled Infamous1 in the car he just tuned, lol. Plus my clutch slips at WOT in every gear but 1-2. Only 17k on the clutch. The motor is THAT strong.

Yeah. The driver was a little surprised. He tuned the SpecB.

I pulled Infamous1 in the car he just tuned, lol. Plus my clutch slips at WOT in every gear but 1-2. Only 17k on the clutch. The motor is THAT strong.

Sprank, you're making me want to go stg2 more and more but I kinda want wheels.:lol::rolleyes:What are you running for an intercooler on that car?

^ RacerX FMIC. Got one on my SpecB and one on my 5EAT.

No vids yet. LosAngelesLGT wants to meet up and shoot an in car vid. Hard to take pix and drive when your car is so strong it has TORQUE steer!

Stage 2 is fun. Stage 3 is lots of fun. Stage 3 with an e85 tune is friggin ludicrous.

Oh, and trying to get a clutch installed by April 3. Next street legal day at the drag strip. Gonna get some time slips. Better than vids. Hoping for low 12's all day long. Another member with a similar set up hit 12.3.

No. Clutch slips too much. Talking with a vendor now about a clutch. Should have it next week. Then need to install.

April 3 is street legal drag days at AAA raceway. I want to be there with a new clutch and full tank of e85.

Archived