LegacyGT.com

Lets help Subaru redesign the Legacy (2012?)

I like locking up the rear tires by holding the gay park brake button. the car sucks ass. also, over and over and over I hit the hazard switch when putting it in park. and stupid 14mm oil drain plug. really? why? and dumb ass polyester style seat fabric? why?..............ugh!

That's my biggest gripe. Yeah, the ergonomics of the interior is a joke. I just can't get over that the same company who designed BL/BP interior, can stylistically and ergonomically produce such a turd of an interior as BM/BR.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you troll for correcting me.

Ok, the glovebox has the remote trunk disable button... exactly where Buick owner would find the remote release button. Very intuitive.

As far the lights go, the car was beeping after I removed the key when the switch remained on, so it didn't look to be like you describe.

If it is like you describe it's still crap, compared to the simple and elegant solution on earlier cars.

does the glovebox lock? if so that explains why they'd have a disable there. If someone had a fob w/ a valet key they wouldn't have access to your glovebox or trunk in that event.

The button to top of the steering column is "simple and elegant?" simple maybe, and definitely not elegant. How many times has someone on here or nasioc had a dead battery or posted about their parking lights not going off? You still have the same ability to leave parking lights on without leaving the key in the ignition. Who uses that feature anyway?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

how many people are too stupid to notice their parking lights are on?

the switch is there as plain as day. it even has a P with "lights" coming off it.

what else would it do?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

no mr. bond I expect you to die..

er.. I mean.

no I dont expect them to RTFM I expect them to press the button and look around to see what happens.

thats how I learned.

haven't you played doom before? if there's a button press it.. :p

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

krzy.. funny you should mention the "duck."

have you ever been to stone mountain?

they have some that have been converted to tour rides and they take you through the various lakes around the park.

We visited Stone Mountain when we were in Atlanta many years ago but we did not take duck tour. We live close to Boston where Duck Tours are operating DUKWs to tour Boston and Charles river.

Krzys

• 4 months later...
this thread is hilarious. its only the 4th gen people who dont like the new legacy. have you looked at sales figures??

http://www.subaru.com/company/news/index.html

cliff notes: 2,448 2010 legacy sold in jan, 2010. 1,165 2009 legacy sold in jan 09. they must be doin something right. thats more than double for some of you math challenged guys

:lol:

Camry sells even better. They must be doing something right :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

Honestly, I really wish all the mainstream crowd had their own forum where they can dwell on their mobile appliance great traits. :spin:

woo, woo.

More than double, a whole thousand some, to two-thousand some.

People who KNOW subaru, knew last year that the Legacy Concept came out, and the new model was on it's way.

The 2009 was 4+ model years old, and had been ignored by SOA's marketing department, and the automotive press for 4 years, since BL's first year on the market.

Myself, I like the BL's form factor much more than the new one. I didn't want a big family sedan, I wanted a modest, sporty sedan, since Subaru doesn't bother to build a coupe at all.

The only reasons I don't like Imprezas for that role, is that they are uglier, and lesser equipped than BL Legacy GT Limited was. No leather and ACC, and such.

If Impreza were to actually take over, and FILL the shoes of the BL Legacy, I wouldn't have a problem.

The fact is, the BL Legacy was a very nice product for what it was. The impreza is not as well equipped, and FAR from as good looking, inside or out. and now the Legacy has changed to something else, bigger, bulkier, and more mainstream, and less sport-equipped.

And the people to whom the BL Legacy appealed, are left out in the cold, between the lackluster Impreza sedan, and the bulky mainstream Legacy. and STILL no damn coupes.

And sales numbers don't tell the whole story, not to mention that Subaru could have sold more of the BL Legacy units, if they had actually let people know that the BL Legacy existed at the time.

:lol:

Camry sells even better. They must be doing something right :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

Honestly, I really wish all the mainstream crowd had their own forum where they can dwell on their mobile appliance great traits. :spin:

haha yeah im just "mainstream" yeah fourth gen guys are the biggest bunch of ass clowns i have ever come across on a forum. its really a shame that the people who own subarus now are like this. you guys arent car people. all you want is to look cool rollin down the blvd, slammed on your coils, rollin expensive jdm parts. good luck getting subaru to redesign a vehicle cause of bunch of twats on a forum dont like it lol :lol:

Keep the insults to a minimum OK?

We Don't want to get back on handing out points for a stupid 4th vs 5th gen argument.

Unclemat- you think the car is an appliance. We get it. You've mentioned this a hundred times in other forums.;)

Leggy10- even though you have a smilie at the end of your rant, you are insulting 98% of the board with this statement, even if it is intended to be read with humor.;)

haha yeah im just "mainstream" yeah fourth gen guys are the biggest bunch of ass clowns i have ever come across on a forum. its really a shame that the people who own subarus now are like this. you guys arent car people. all you want is to look cool rollin down the blvd, slammed on your coils, rollin expensive jdm parts. good luck getting subaru to redesign a vehicle cause of bunch of twats on a forum dont like it lol :lol:

....im a third gen....:spin:

About the design of the 2010 Legacy.... This interesting exchange happened today while I went to lunch with my aunt....

Me: "Look at that car in front." *pointing at 2010 Legacy 3.6R, "its the newer one of the one I'm getting."

Her: "ugh.... that's so.... ordinary and plain. My car looks more interesting than that."

Yes... this is coming from some one who drives a 2010 Corolla LE. Its being called plain by owners of some of the plainest cars on the road. It just kind of blends in with everything else.

The Bugeye was polarizing, recognizable polarizing. The 2010 Legacy has achieved polarizingly boring.....

BTW MRlancaster, love you grafting the Subie nose on the Aurion. I love the Aurion and we never got it here. 330hp for supercharged 3.5L V6 fury! *gasp* Toyota makes more hp than Subie does!

FWIW, my co-worker is looking to replace his previous generation Mitsu Galant. For a longer while since moving to NE he was thinking of getting a Subaru. He went to test drive new Legacy and new Outback. He said "I can't get over how ugly they are now... they look like Ford... designed for Americans" (more or less exact quote). He also lamented that all non-luxury sedan import cars are now ugly, boring and oversized these days.

His requirements are fairly simple: 6-cylinder engine, auto non-CVT transmission, decent size, but not ginormous. He looked at my wagon and concluded there is enough space for his 6'3' frame and two kids in boosters in the back. He is trying to find 2009 Legacy 3.0R sedan now...

Point is: some may like the new design, no doubt. They should put into their heads it's not just 4th generation owners who hate it.

About the design of the 2010 Legacy.... This interesting exchange happened today while I went to lunch with my aunt....

Me: "Look at that car in front." *pointing at 2010 Legacy 3.6R, "its the newer one of the one I'm getting."

Her: "ugh.... that's so.... ordinary and plain. My car looks more interesting than that."

Yes... this is coming from some one who drives a 2010 Corolla LE. Its being called plain by owners of some of the plainest cars on the road. It just kind of blends in with everything else.

The Bugeye was polarizing, recognizable polarizing. The 2010 Legacy has achieved polarizingly boring.....

BTW MRlancaster, love you grafting the Subie nose on the Aurion. I love the Aurion and we never got it here. 330hp for supercharged 3.5L V6 fury! *gasp* Toyota makes more hp than Subie does!

The aurion is beautiful. In a way im glad its not here, coz not many know about it. Same as for Holden (ponitac messed up the design)

Anyways as for the 4th gen, i agree...its not only 4th gens who dont like it....im sure if you went to any car forum, you would find people who love and hate it

Archived