LegacyGT.com

Lets help Subaru redesign the Legacy (2012?)

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually got to sit in a 2010 outback today at the dealership... and I absolutely hated it... almost everything about it too. I wanted to like it, I really did, I just didn't... I hated the E-brake, the changes made to the hood, the motor, the grill, the lights, the interior, the steering wheel, the shifter was apauling!!! the only thing that I did like was the stupid window frames!!!

It seems as if the new car does exactly the same stuff as the old car, but just looks different and is more clumsy to use! They don't even give you an E-brake pedal on the left side of the steering wheel, they give you a handle on the left side of the steering wheel!

They didn't make a step forward in terms of automotive design nor did they necesarily make one backwards, they made one sideways and then just spun around for the new design. And that's a real embarrassment because I loved the Subaru Legacies from about 2000 onward!

I hate this car, I hope that the redesign it, or that we all buy Camry's!!!

I actually got to sit in a 2010 outback today at the dealership... and I absolutely hated it... almost everything about it too. I wanted to like it, I really did, I just didn't... I hated the E-brake, the changes made to the hood, the motor, the grill, the lights, the interior, the steering wheel, the shifter was apauling!!! the only thing that I did like was the stupid window frames!!!

It seems as if the new car does exactly the same stuff as the old car, but just looks different and is more clumsy to use! They don't even give you an E-brake pedal on the left side of the steering wheel, they give you a handle on the left side of the steering wheel!

Yeah, I sat in the new Legacy at the New York Auto Show, and I hate it too. I suspect that most of the changes we see are cost cutting measures. It occurred to me that even the ridiculous wheel well arches probably are a cost saving move - someone at Subaru probably looked at the add-on trim pieces that the previous gen Outback had around the wheel well, and figured they could save a few bucks by just molding the fenders to have them incorporated. Unfortunately, while it might work on trucks/SUV's, it looks ridiculous on the sedan.

When you look at a 2009 Legacy next to the 2010, it's hard to believe that a company could possibly replace such a good looking car with something so ugly!

what gets me is its almost a complete deviation from the norm too.. if you look at the evolution of body style the legacy has always changed gradually. From the 04 to 05 the body is basically the same, with upgrades to the front rear and interior (and powertrain.)

Why all of a sudden do we have this blob of fat? Its like what those fat guys you see being helicoptor lifted out of their house cos they got too fat to walk would look like in car form.

someone do some more Pshops to keep us on topic! :lol:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

not digging the vents.

vents are an overdone cliche as it is these days.

every 30 year old guy in cobb county with a crappy base model chrysler 300, dodge charger or busted ass 1990s impala with peeling paint has stick on "vents" on the sides of their front clip.. its shameful.. I'm grateful that my car does not have such things.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I have an idea (and it is a cross-post, but it is worth posting it twice...)

If Subaru wants to copy... HERE's the pattern. Audi is supposedly not bringing this to the US, Mazda 6 5-door is no longer offered in the US. Subaru would have had a completely open market, unlike jumping into the shark-tank that is the mainstream sedan market.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/07/a5090040_large-1280.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/07/a5090032_large-1280.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/07/a5090049_large-1280.jpg

Archived