LegacyGT.com

Lets help Subaru redesign the Legacy (2012?)

You guys have some great photoshop skills! One comment I have, and please don't take it any other way, is that the resulting photoshop images are starting to look like a bloated current gen bmw 3-series....

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great sketch. Wish I could draw like that.

it looks like the car is bent tho.. did you wreck it? :lol:;)

other than the headlights being slightly different I cant see what other changes you made from am 05-09 tho?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

i've posted this in some thread i couldn't find anymore. but its might crap attempt on the wagon. and i must say, i got so annoyed with the photoshopping back then.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70690&d=1247850501

1527747883_2010legacywagonmodify.thumb.jpg.181430b2d05ab477310bff096b85bfe1.jpg

magnetic lasso.

its your friend.

also patience with the magnetic lasso is a good thing.

other than that I really cant do much. :lol:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I took a already modified photo and did mods to it based on what I hear people here complain about... I reduced the headroom and the backseat area. I didn't make the car narrower so it's actually quite the slick widebodied car now.

I also made an attempt at a rear corner marker.

oh, idea is for it maybe being a hatch and a spoiler being a more necessary option

10gt.jpg.92e3a1e9fffa6b446c02d532eae3d9f7.jpg

I just hate those headlight assemblies.. absolutely hate them things, there HUGE!! The whole car just looks odd, like just doesnt go together. Its now like a luxury car, with a hood scoop?? The 2 just dont go together..

"brown bag" syndrome.

the less it appeals to anyone, the more it appeals to everyone.

I guess I'm stupid for thinking subaru was above that.

isn't it interesting as soon as Toyota gets a decision making share of subaru.. subarus start to go to shit? and become more and more like the worthless slop that toyota belches out of their factories?

magnetic lasso.

its your friend.

also patience with the magnetic lasso is a good thing.

other than that I really cant do much. :lol:

i was too impatient by that time to use it :lol:

better luck next time...

but if subaru ends up like toyota then that is just disappointment. i don't want subaru to end up like toyota where everyone just buys a camry or corolla without thinking and making the company a really boring one.

• 2 weeks later...
the 2009 design with minor changes... (example: legacy 2006 to 2007... minor chages.... mainly the back lights, everything is practically the same)... a redesign is not the solution... 4rth generation legacy is perfect.... please subaru, stay clasy!

Employ the bloke from Kia who designed VG concept below. Apparently he used to work for Audi and VW. Had the new Legacy looked like this thing, I think a lot of us would have been a lot happier compared to what we have. Photoshop Legacy grill anyone.

KIA_VG_Sedan_001.thumb.jpg.c1f2c29240b1895b33f5adf771e42259.jpg

KIA_VG_Sedan_002.thumb.jpg.9c56e089a6eca95b45ec4305d38eacc5.jpg

KIA_VG_Sedan_003.thumb.jpg.3ca50ef0c75948b4e19018e35198dabf.jpg

wow.. never thought I'd see a kia that i liked.. now if it would last more than 6 months before the engine blows or the doors fall off or the paint starts to peel.. they may have something there.

The latest few kias haven't had too many of those problems actually (mostly thanks to huge warranties). The interiors wear fairly quickly, and the inline four motors are all interference fit motors though... so if your timing belt goes, so do the valves and the whole motor... just like on a subaru, except the only difference is that you have to have them changed more often, and you don't have that good of a motor even when it is running.

Have you guys seen the new Suzuki? Even that is WAY better than the Legacy

http://jalopnik.com/5325829/suzuki-kizashi-leaks-one-day-early-years-too-late/gallery/

I was all over this thing in concept form and now can't stand it. They release the concept to gauge public reaction, which was extremly

positive and then give us a production version that's isn't anywhere near as good as the the concept from any angle. Being in Australia we get the

JDM Legacy and I'd take that over the production version of the Suzuki Kizashi without a second thought. Still much prefer the look of the

Kia VG concept (one page back if you haven't seen it) over both the Subaru and the Suzuki in the looks department.

Suzuki-Kizashi_3_Concept_2008_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg.3c50f8525ae2a6ae1d2162f2d4651318.jpg

Suzuki-Kizashi_3_Concept_2008_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg.5a24b18d17bd658d6cd9b573fed78acb.jpg

Suzuki-Kizashi_3_Concept_2008_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg.c3bef7eacf24ad07af38456d5d17c6d0.jpg

Guest heightsgtltd
I agree that the production version isn't as nice as the concept by far. That being said, the proportions on it are still more pleasing than the new Legacy

• 3 weeks later...
I was all over this thing in concept form and now can't stand it. They release the concept to gauge public reaction, which was extremly

positive and then give us a production version that's isn't anywhere near as good as the the concept from any angle. Being in Australia we get the

JDM Legacy and I'd take that over the production version of the Suzuki Kizashi without a second thought. Still much prefer the look of the

Kia VG concept (one page back if you haven't seen it) over both the Subaru and the Suzuki in the looks department.

I would buy that for 2012 but the 2010 Sucks Chucks Big Hairy Camry Chucks ???? :eek: Why only Subaru knows ..:confused:. But some one needs to be taken out & Shot !!! The S402 :wub: is as Good as it gets, Why we got the Camry replices in the U.S. :mad:

Less far than previous, unfortunately.

Some of us want Subaru to thrive, but not as an appliance, rather far from an appliance. Yet subaru is moving toward it, rather than staying away from appliance territory.

No matter what the Legacy commercial says about road gripping AWD, I love AWD... but they again don't even mention a turbocharged option for Legacy when they talk about sporty fun. The red Legacy they show is not turbocharged, as it has no hood scoop.

It isn't much different than the 2005-era commercial that ran for a couple weeks about cars driving around on only two wheels, and Legacy on all fours... no mention of the real performance aspect. And this time, the 10 Legacy isn't as an attractive value prospect as the '05 was.

Archived