LegacyGT.com

Lets help Subaru redesign the Legacy (2012?)

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't even tell that it is a Subaru.....:mad:

I constantly mistake the new Legacy's bloated, lame and generic shape for either a:

Honda Accord

Toyota Camry

Hyundai Elantra

+1

And the Outback always reminds me of a Hyundai Santa Fe...

^Every other car out there looks like something else. It is not going to get any better with any future cars so you may be waiting a long time.

I think cars actually tend to get ugly when manufacturers try to make them too different from the norm. There's nothing wrong with having subtle family styling traits across a manufacturer's lineup, but to me the best looking cars are those that are understated and don't try to be too flashy. I think Audi and BMW are good examples, although I do hate the oversized grille on the current Audis.

I think cars actually tend to get ugly when manufacturers try to make them too different from the norm. There's nothing wrong with having subtle family styling traits across a manufacturer's lineup, but to me the best looking cars are those that are understated and don't try to be too flashy. I think Audi and BMW are good examples, although I do hate the oversized grille on the current Audis.

Actually, BMW is the poster child for what happens when a company abandons it's design language. Chris Bangle absolutely destroyed the 5 and 7 series with flame surfacing and bustle butts. The 3 series has thankfully escaped his reign somewhat unscathed sans the sedans. The wagon is still the best looking of all the 3 series IMNSHO. Lets just not talk about iDrive and that there is no dipstick on the engine which I just find insulting especially on a drivers car. All BMW cars except for the 3 series have gotten worse over the years, not just in styling but it functionality, unecessary complexity, and driveability.

Yeah...BMW is full of fail. When they say their winning, I put that winning on the level of Charlie Sheen. Too many BMW mechanics won't even walk in the showroom anymore to buy their own product...that tells you a lot right there. I mean when a Mustang GT can be compared to an M3 (yeah...not just a 3 series...the M3) and match in in almost every way (except a false sense of status) and for around $20,000 less...that tells you even more!!

I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen anything from SOA, the car mags, spy shots, of a reworked Legacy, even if for the foreign markets...figured they were due for some tweaking for 2012. Perhaps the economy is pushing it back further.

Nah - Subaru wrote the book on corporate IC and model data containment, read: They like to play everything close to the chest. It's like pulling teeth to get anything out of them.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived