LegacyGT.com

Lets help Subaru redesign the Legacy (2012?)

The 2012 Buick AWD Regal looks slick...at least it looks nice until the American design managers get their hands on it

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/roadtests/firstdrive/2010/vauxhall.insignia.vxr/2010-insignia-actprf-vauxhall-fd-500-1.jpg

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/roadtests/firstdrive/2010/vauxhall.insignia.vxr/2010-insignia-grp-vauxhall-fd-500-1.jpg

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/roadtests/firstdrive/2010/vauxhall.insignia.vxr/2010-insignia-dsh-vauxhall-fd-500-1.jpg

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hrmm..

I still hold to my previous statement.. subaru's designers suck! look at that awesome car viber posted.. I'd drive its brains out.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Thats a vauxhall..are they basing the buick on that? I thought opel is going to be separate from GM now

Yeah, that's the new Opel Vectra (or Vauxhall Vectra in England). It was going to be the next gen Saturn Aura, before GM fell apart. I think they're still planning on bringing it over as a Buick, even with GM cutting ties to Opel.

Yeah, that's the new Opel Vectra (or Vauxhall Vectra in England). It was going to be the next gen Saturn Aura, before GM fell apart. I think they're still planning on bringing it over as a Buick, even with GM cutting ties to Opel.

It's actually the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia VXR, which is supposed to be the 2012 Buick Regal.

It's intended to be a Audi S4 and BMW 335i competitor with Turbocharged 2.8-liter V6 putting out 321 hp; 321 lb-ft of torque

And I cant lie, that car is gorgeous. Provided it doesn't get Americanized (Ruined), I'd seriously consider buying one.

I dont think I've ever said the words "I'd buy a Buick" in my entire life. Lets hope GM gets a clue.

GM is getting a clue, but Subaru is losing theirs?

What is the world coming to?

Too bad, as a GM product, it will have a black box recorder that can be used as evidence against the owner, and built in OWNStar, ready-made surveillance.

But it is sexy looking. A Buick Regal GS would be cool to look like that.

Too bad, as a GM product, it will have a black box recorder that can be used as evidence against the owner, and built in OWNStar, ready-made surveillance.

shortest... iwss post.... ever.. :lol::lol:

srsly tho, maybe theres only so many "clues" to go around?? :lol:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Guest heightsgtltd

Uh oh, someone get the tin foil hats out :hide::lol:

Uh oh, someone get the tin foil hats out :hide::lol:

you should research those black boxes.. with every step towards surveillance we lose our freedoms and liberties.

Theres no reason for those devices.

that being said.. my truck has onstar. :lol:

I dunno if it works. I assume it does. what they would know about me if they looked at that tho.. is that my truck doesn't move all that often. :lol:

It's actually the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia VXR, which is supposed to be the 2012 Buick Regal.

Indeed, my bad, I forgot it was called the Insignia! But it was intended to become the Saturn Aura here before GM decided to axe the Saturn division.

It's a nice looking car, but I will not buy a GM car, just based on principle. It's bad enough I have to involuntarily subsidize the company because the government rewarded them for bad management with a taxpayer funded bailout. Plus, I'm not happy with the mismangement of the Saturn division, which had potential when it was an independent subsidiary. I miss my reliable, durable Spring Hill built Saturn SL2 with its dent resistant plastic doors and fenders!

Indeed, my bad, I forgot it was called the Insignia! But it was intended to become the Saturn Aura here before GM decided to axe the Saturn division.

It's a nice looking car, but I will not buy a GM car, just based on principle. It's bad enough I have to involuntarily subsidize the company because the government rewarded them for bad management with a taxpayer funded bailout. Plus, I'm not happy with the mismangement of the Saturn division, which had potential when it was an independent subsidiary. I miss my reliable, durable Spring Hill built Saturn SL2 with its dent resistant plastic doors and fenders!

No offense, but can we all get a little back on the target focus of the thread...helping Subaru (even if they aren't even really watching the thread) design a better Legacy...especially if it uses the new 2010 platform.

No offense, but can we all get a little back on the target focus of the thread...helping Subaru (even if they aren't even really watching the thread) design a better Legacy...especially if it uses the new 2010 platform.

If Subaru doesnt get the hint by now, its a lost cause.

Make a car that doesnt look like ass on the outside, and isnt cheap as hell on the inside.

Done

I'm not sure I dig the new VW honestly.. it looks like a pickup truck from the front.

its also far too large a car. they look like 7 series as far as road presence.. way too much.

I'm not sure I dig the new VW honestly.. it looks like a pickup truck from the front.

Moreso than the 2010 Legacy? I think that kind of looks like a truck!

its also far too large a car. they look like 7 series as far as road presence.. way too much.

Perhaps, though it shows you can have "road presence" without a lot of funky, exaggerated proportions.

Love the CC, but I love the Mercedes the stole the design from more.

Hyundai is also going that route with the 2011 Sonata. And guess what, it has push button smart key technology too.

Soooo, when is Subaru going to get the memo that it is 2009

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/09/07_hyundai_sonata_011.jpg

I like the new legacy but with the window framed doors I am missing one detail and that is B and C pillars in high gloss black instead of black matte plastic.

The same style as on BMW Shadowline option or Lexus IS200. This will make the pillars to blend with the windows/glass surface and it will look much more exclusive.

Archived