LegacyGT.com

Lets help Subaru redesign the Legacy (2012?)

murder the giant fender flares and we'll talk about the euro model. I mean what are they doing robbing the idea from Toyota's Tacoma?

Uh, the Mazda 6, Mazda RX-8, Saturn Aura, just to name a few, have gone with this fender treatment. '02-07 WRX sedan and '98-'08 Forester fenders were copies of 90's Tacoma fenders, nobody bothered to complain about that. Besides, the '10 Leg's fenders look nothing like the current Tacoma's. If anything the '08- STI copied the Tacoma's fender treatment...

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh, the Mazda 6, Mazda RX-8, Saturn Aura, just to name a few, have gone with this fender treatment. '02-07 WRX sedan and '98-'08 Forester fenders were copies of 90's Tacoma fenders, nobody bothered to complain about that. Besides, the '10 Leg's fenders look nothing like the current Tacoma's. If anything the '08- STI copied the Tacoma's fender treatment...

And that's an excuse for crappiest and ugliest fender treatment ever?

You so reek of fanboism.

Whoa, get some glasses mate! Mazda's actually have a more pronounced wheelarch. Not sure how a Tacoma is any MORE similar than my examples. :confused: Even a Mini has the same wheel arch theme...BUT, the guy DID diss the Legacy, so fair play. Carry on...:rolleyes:

Fanboi? Is that all you got? psshhhhtttt...:lol:

2009-Mazda-RX-8-Rear-And-Side-1024x768.thumb.jpg.ef5b2a130dca7b5b8288ad0ea5af4110.jpg

2009-Mazda6-pricing-revealed-online_-starts-under-_20k_18261_2.jpg.8307840594a49bdb90922741a789279f.jpg

legacy_2010_1.thumb.jpg.6aa804974630249fc9e1cc116938e682.jpg

921-500x376.jpg.18b8d56cf44bd42dd15026b9c09ae3af.jpg

saturn-aura-xr-gray.jpg.a66a11048957430f6a66f0aa281954a9.jpg

They might have a more "prounounced" wheel arch, but the arch actually blends into the shape of the car. The 2010 Legacy looks like they were slapped on (which they probably were, for the outback) and don't flow with the lines or look of the car.

I didn't mention a Tacoma? And fanboi? wtf are you even reading? Pick a post and stick to it instead of blending 5 different posts into one :rolleyes:

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I blend all the crap into one toilet. RX-8 fenders just stuck on the rear, no blending. Look at it. Just a giant arch. At least the Legacy has some crimp lines as if Subaru was actually TRYING to create something dynamic. Did they fail? That's not my point. My point is that Subaru has a history of copying other cars, so this is nothing new.

• 2 weeks later...
It won't be anything drastic if it even changes in 2012. the car with it's current layout should last about 5 years at least. (look at the past legacys) 6 years for first gen, 5 years for second gen, 5 years for third, and 5 years for fourth. it may get some refresh, but I don't think there is enough dislike for it that will cause them to change it majorly like the tribeca was. 2 years, and it was pretty much overhauled. more power, and looks like a cookie cutter SUV. side note: I personally think the Tribeca is being replaced by the new outback. Have you seen the size of the outback? YIKES!!!! anyways, I'll stick with my 07 Legacy, and just watch Subaru become bland like toyota. after all they do own 16% now, yes? who knows, maybe in 2015 there will be an excellent Legacy again. big or not.

unfortunately a remodel seems unlikely.

I'm hearing from non-car people that they like how it resembles the Camry but has AWD.

they have no idea what AWD is or why they need it in a state that gets less than an inch of snow a year.. but they think its "safer."

god help us we're a nation of idiots.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Exactly what I mean about lowest common denominator buyers.

Building a car for those people leaves we enthusiasts out in the cold.

Building a good car for us, they'll still buy, because they don't know that much about it, either way... and an enthusiast reputation can sometimes sell more by reference.

But bean-counters have sold off everyone's souls to pad the bottom line.

ya know I'm a fan of capitalism and all.. but I'm convinced that marketing people think we're all idiots.

the painful thing is.. commercials that insult my intelligence.. seem to sell more products.

is it just me??

I mean the 2010 LGT commerical with the STI car meet for one thing not only stereotypes the ever living fecal matter out of wrx fans.. but also tries to portray a 2.5i as a car in the same class as an sti.

joe business suit "it goes cos I mash the pedal" has about as much in common with a wrx enthusiast as I do with a rocket scientist.

and people actually eat it up!

"yea.. if I go out and buy the 160hp 2.5L 3200 pound AWD car with the POWER SUCKING cvt transmission.. the gangsters in their stis will LOVE me and I wont have to be afraid of their bandannas and loud rap music anymore!"

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

because expectation of knowledge, responsibility, accountability, and competence are out the window.

It isn't really a capitalist or non-capitalist thing... but has economic consequences, certainly. The knowledge and discernment of the consumer, and the ethics and competence of the producer. Competition then builds on that by connecting multiple consumers and producers, through the availability of choices.

People aren't expected to be those things anymore, government and business, and everyone else is catering to people so much that they are comfortable in their ignorance, and ignorance is seen as a doorway to gain economic and political power by taking advantage.

It is debateable which came first, the ignorance or the coddling... but something needs to break the cycle.

The only thing that will break the cycle is restoration of expectation. People being expected to do what they should do, and know what they should know, and not bailed out, or coddled if they don't.

That expectation will breed more expectation, and by extension, will foster more excellence.

I bought the Legacy because it was a sleek, sporty looking driver oriented car that was sort of a poor man's BMW. It is no longer, and I guess I'll just have to save up for a real BMW! Hopefully the 3 Series will remain a top notch car, and not suffer the same de-contenting and bloating that the Legacy has.

because expectation of knowledge, responsibility, accountability, and competence are out the window.

It isn't really a capitalist or non-capitalist thing... but has economic consequences, certainly. The knowledge and discernment of the consumer, and the ethics and competence of the producer. Competition then builds on that by connecting multiple consumers and producers, through the availability of choices.

People aren't expected to be those things anymore, government and business, and everyone else is catering to people so much that they are comfortable in their ignorance, and ignorance is seen as a doorway to gain economic and political power by taking advantage.

It is debateable which came first, the ignorance or the coddling... but something needs to break the cycle.

The only thing that will break the cycle is restoration of expectation. People being expected to do what they should do, and know what they should know, and not bailed out, or coddled if they don't.

That expectation will breed more expectation, and by extension, will foster more excellence.

I call it the "brown bag syndrome."

everything.. apparently even subaru.. approaches the most generic uninteresting product available.. as you said to attract the ignorant masses to the product.. maximizing profit.

it kind of surprises me a japanese company that culturally (in the past) has taken pride in excellent products.. would sink to the point that all they care about is the bottom dollar.

yes.. dont get me wrong.. the bottom dollar is important.. but if your work is not something you can be proud of.. your wasting everyone's time with it.

It reminds me of mcdonalds.. I REALLY thought subaru was better than a company like that. Their commercials are insulting and idiotic. It seems the larger a company gets.. the more snotty and hateful of the consumer base and their intelligence it becomes.

the commercial for instance depicting mr. business suit (hjave you noticed mr. business suit is the only sob that buys the 2010LGT?) picks up a new york cabby for no apparent reason, then take him on a needlessly squirley ride in his natrurally aspirated 2.5i AWD camry. throwing him around in the back seat like a ragdoll to take him to a gas station..

what exactly is that advertising? that the car has excessive body roll? that its not all that fast? That picking up a bum next to a broken down car is a good idea??

it appears subaru's "new" target audice is a guy in his mid 30s, wearing a fcking business suit.. that doesn't give a CRAP about how fast his car is.. so long as he can take his barge through tight water ways and throw his passengers around int he back seat needlessly..

oh.. and mr. business suit is afraid of minorities and people who are different than him as observed in the other commercial... but all he really wants is a thumbs up to surpass this emotion.

the car's design is a failure and reflects poorly on the marketting and design teams to try to change their target audience in a single year from a competitive agressive driving niche market to the brown bag losers of america...

Someone is behind this vision.. and whoever it is.. needs to be kicked in the crotch with soccer kleats imo. The bad thing is.. the dumb masses of mid 30s mr. businesssuits that really dont care about performance at all and just want a car that will throw passengers around and make guys in bandannas give them thumbs up.. will flock in droves to buy the "all new" 160hp over glorified naturally aspirated 2.5L boxer powered land barge.. and the rest of us will sit by the wayside.. remembering days long past as our cars age to oblivion.

ya know what they say about people stepping on their friends on their rise to stardom? Thats what subaru is doing here..

unfortunately a remodel seems unlikely.

I'm hearing from non-car people that they like how it resembles the Camry but has AWD.

they have no idea what AWD is or why they need it in a state that gets less than an inch of snow a year.. but they think its "safer."

god help us we're a nation of idiots.

It seems that you are in Georgia. AWD does not help during the flood. They need amphibious vehicle, like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DUKW

Krzys

I noticed they deleted the parking lights switch and now lights stay on with the ignition off. How lame. I love that feature of Subaru, no chance to leave the headlamps on accidentally.

And the remote trunk release in... glovebox :rolleyes::lol: That's uber lame. They really want to attract Buick buyers.

krzy.. funny you should mention the "duck."

have you ever been to stone mountain?

they have some that have been converted to tour rides and they take you through the various lakes around the park.

I noticed they deleted the parking lights switch and now lights stay on with the ignition off. How lame. I love that feature of Subaru, no chance to leave the headlamps on accidentally.

And the remote trunk release in... glovebox :rolleyes::lol: That's uber lame. They really want to attract Buick buyers.

Wow, is there anything they didn't make worse with this lame redesign?

man your trolling post is full of fail.

the remote trunk release is on the left right under the emergency brake button. you push and hold it to pop the trunk. It's not in the glovebox. And Subaru removed the parking light switch in the 2008 Impreza. The lights still go off automatically when the car is off. if you want to turn the parking lights back on you use your key after the car is shut off to turn them back on and remove your key.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

man your trolling post is full of fail.

the remote trunk release is on the left right under the emergency brake button. you push and hold it to pop the trunk. It's not in the glovebox. And Subaru removed the parking light switch in the 2008 Impreza. The lights still go off automatically when the car is off. if you want to turn the parking lights back on you use your key after the car is shut off to turn them back on and remove your key.

Thank you troll for correcting me.

Ok, the glovebox has the remote trunk disable button... exactly where Buick owner would find the remote release button. Very intuitive.

As far the lights go, the car was beeping after I removed the key when the switch remained on, so it didn't look to be like you describe.

If it is like you describe it's still crap, compared to the simple and elegant solution on earlier cars.

I like locking up the rear tires by holding the gay park brake button. the car sucks ass. also, over and over and over I hit the hazard switch when putting it in park. and stupid 14mm oil drain plug. really? why? and dumb ass polyester style seat fabric? why?..............ugh!

yea.. if you have to push a button for your brake its not really much of an EMERGENCY brake is it?

ya know as I sat waiting on a train today I put the car in neutral and pulled the E-brake rather than putting it in park. It gets you rolling quicker when the train leaves.

I thought how nice it wqas.. and how a 2010'er cant do that so easily...

Archived