LegacyGT.com

Bilstein BTS Outback XT kit pictures

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think if anything, i've confounded the info, since there is no AT, MT info supplied with the BTS kits. unless someone knows what the engine/tranny offerings are for the Libertys in question are, or their F/R ratios....

Except that USDM only has the 3.0R paired with a 5AT, so one could possibly assume the same for JDM and the 5058J kit's use.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Does anyone with either JDM BTS kit installed on their wagon care to give some feedback regarding ride quality or harshness when used on our wonderful US roads (can you feel the sarcasm?)

My mechanic had a good point regarding the intended use and I'd like to hear from someone who drives on unpaved roads, poorly paved surfaces(like those which we have in the States) as well as smooth tarmac as to their impressions of the JDM-style valving and BTS pairing of these kits.

Just an FYI

i looked at weight distribution in the US outback models to see if the 5056 or 5058 would be best for an XT, and after looking at the numbers, the 5056 makes the most sense. basically, the 3.0R is a larger engine (by 2 pistons...), so it's heavier up front (for whatever reason this wasn't obvious to me just thinking about it in my head...).

all for USDM 2008 models with VDC, power package, side and curtain airbags and sunroof (some w/ and w/o NAV, 5 lb difference...):

___ 2.5i 4AT ___ 2.5i 5MT __ 3.0R 5AT ___ XT 5AT ___ XT 5MT __

F___54.69%____54.03%____56.22%_____55.81%___54.88%__

R___45.31%____45.97%____43.78%_____44.19%___45.12%__

T___3465lb_____3415lb_____3620lb______3610lb____3535lb__

For those with 6MT wagons:

Note: Sedan info below, not wagon...

_____ GT 5MT ___ GT 5AT ____ SPEC B __

F____56.52%____56.94%_____56.94%___

R____43.48%____43.06%_____43.06%___

T____3425lb_____3495lb______3530lb____

By this data, my AT wagon is much closer to a 3.0R in weight distribution and actual weight. I should probably source a 5058 when the time comes.

The 5058 should* raise the front a little more (which you can match with rear spacers), if you want a little extra height.

That's the thing... according to JapanParts, bot the 5056J and 5058J have the same spring rates:F 3Kg, R 4.6Kg. So the difference must be in the valving? This is assuming their data is right...

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd consider getting in on a buy (H6 w/ 5EAT outback) if something was coordinated. I'm still battling in my mind whether I want to keep the stock Outback height and face limited upgrade options, or just drop it lower to the regular legacy ride height.

Ok, I been out traveling, back soon and I'll check on group purchase discounts for the OB Kit.

Since shipping is substantial part of the cost perhaps all will agree to get it shipped to one location, preferably in LA and then take it from there...?

Mine will go to YimiSport in LA.

ok guys, itching to pull the trigger on these. Would the Rallitek rear springs work on either of these kits? I'm going to miss the stiffer spring.

Well, since the spings and struts were put together to fit with the outback, i feel like it's a waste to get them with the intent to switch out the springs. Although i guess they are longer than specb or other bilsteins.

• 4 weeks later...
I understand, but I like to use my wagon as a wagon. this include a 45+ pound bike rack not including 2 bikes and camping gear for a week or longer. Will the springs that come with these kits be adequate? or will it be dragging butt around when loaded.

I'd like to know this, too.

I am getting tempted to buy this kit. I did already buy a used set of spec B Bilsteins with the intent of putting King ksrs29 on the back with stock spec B springs on the front. Hard to decide which way to go.

I installed the rallitek overload springs in the rear combined with the kyb 00-04 struts back in 2012. It's better than stock. Dampening, still not so great to my liking. But the springs do help with heavy loads. I've pulled a 2500 lbs trailer with this set up and the car was barely sagging :cool:.

I understand, but I like to use my wagon as a wagon. this include a 45+ pound bike rack not including 2 bikes and camping gear for a week or longer. Will the springs that come with these kits be adequate? or will it be dragging butt around when loaded.

I've never had my OBXT that loaded down. I've done several 1500+ mile road trips with all of my gear and on varied roads I've never had any complaints. I have the rears adjusted to the firmest position the entire time I have had them installed, from ~80K to 113K miles (adjustable perch, so not something easy to change).

I emailed an importer (actually a Vendor on this forum) about doing a group buy, and he will look into options. Sounds like we have a handful of interested people from this thread.

Here are people in the past month who've expressed interest:

Outback2.5XT-05

Flinkly

Dispatch20

MTBWrench

Fladric

KGB

Dukeneverwinter (maybe?)

:whore:

But the shipping might cause problem/not worth the discount if shipped to the US then back to Can :spin:

True. I wonder if you have other options, though. There are a couple big JDM importers right in Montreal. They are always selling Bilstein JDM take-offs from Legacy GT sedans wagons.

You can always try to contact some of these guys from this list:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsubaru+bilstein+jdm.TRS1&_nkw=subaru+bilstein+jdm&_sacat=0

well, from what i understand, Bilstein ships the parts direct to the customer and companies like japanparts are just distributors and middlemen. so if a japanese company/person can accept a smaller cut, parts could be cheaper shipped to your door in us/ca, cheaper than $1.5k (the price i got from japanparts).

Archived