LegacyGT.com

See how slow you really are!!! 1/4 mile Street Legal Track Day!!!

Infamous1

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was hot as F*CK out there. My car ran like SH*t. I have it tuned for my nice sea level Ocean breeze area. Each run got slower as it got hotter. The "cold" side of my FMIC piping was hot to the touch. I my wrap my pipes after I add my 20g. My best run was my first 14.4 sec. I still was faster than the new EVO.:lol: We only got to do 4 runs. I dataloged my car on the 3rd run and I was pulling time bad. So I brought the timing down 1 deg. , add 100 octane and gained 4mph on the last run. Shamar run in the 13's all day.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Yup, cooler temps would really help. I managed a 13.17 on Stage 2 T on pump gas in 45 degree weather! AUTO TRANNY!!

Interestingly, I ordered a torco map and ran exactly the same time at the same temp! No improvemetn over pump gas.

My tuner says that it is because air flow is the limitting factor at this point. I would have to change something to allow more flow (turbo, headers...etc).

I should have left on my 19's so I would have at least look cool while I was going slow.:lol:
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

The Legacy seems to bench race a whole lot better than it actually races ;)

Glad you folks had fun.

Are you suggesting it isn't the King of Cars????? :eek::eek::eek:

HERESY I SAY!

;)

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

how crowded was it yesterday, in spite of the heat?

Mike

It wasn't crowed early , but they continued to let in cars to about 10'o clock or so. There ended up being about 400+ cars like usual. Atleast we got are BBQ on despite the 30 mph winds. :cool:

nice. when i pulled in you were lined up for your last run. how was it?

That last run I over slipped the clutch and just coasted down the track. I was toying with the slow arse Honda I was lined up against :lol: For me personally I wasn't expecting good times with it being close to 100 degrees so no hard launches, all were around 2.0 60ft or so.

My best time was 14.179 @ 97.96 MPH.

Man I am slow!!! :lol:

On my first run (14.202 @ 96.36), I went against a previous gen vette and lost to him by about 4 car lenghts. Bad reaction time, ok launch, strange that my 60' was my fastest of the day @ 2.090

My second run (14.304 @ 97.88) was against at Mach 1 mustang and I ate him alive. I had a really good launch and he was never able to reel me in. It was strange to have such a good launch, but still have my worst time of the day. Oh yeah, slowest 60' time of the day @ 2.209. Maybe because I launched at 5000 or so RPM's and I was slipping my clutch in 1st??

On my third and fastest run (14.179 @ 97.96) was going against a 00' Camero Z28. I had another good launch and reaction time. I jumped to an early lead and had him for about the first 1/8 mile, then his big HP motor started to reel me in and he passed me. My 60' was my ok (for me) @ 2.103

I don't think my car had a 13.999 in it. If I got all my ducks in a row and had a PERFECT run, I think it could have done a 14.0XX @ 98-99 mph.

Is your car stock?

I hope it's an auto because I ran a 14.2 stock (Manual) last time I went to the drag strip.

It is a manual Outback XT, Fontana is far from a fast track. 1100 feet elevation and temps usually are no colder than 75 degrees.

Wanna go faster?

I was running about the same times as you on similar setup and then I E-mailed Jarrad at PDX about setting up a special "aggressive" E-tune. Keep in mind you may take more of a chance on the safety of the tune. After a couple datalogs back and forth he finally came up with a tune that gave me the numbers on the previous post. Realistically though I would prabably run about 13.5 at 75 degree heat which is still way better thatn the 14.2 prior to the re-tune.

Wanna go faster?

I was running about the same times as you on similar setup and then I E-mailed Jarrad at PDX about setting up a special "aggressive" E-tune. Keep in mind you may take more of a chance on the safety of the tune. After a couple datalogs back and forth he finally came up with a tune that gave me the numbers on the previous post. Realistically though I would prabably run about 13.5 at 75 degree heat which is still way better thatn the 14.2 prior to the re-tune.

Honestly it is just too hot most of the time at this track and they have no lights for night sessions. To boot I feel the top end of the track is a slight incline.

Is anyone going to post some slips and figures? I'm anxious.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Is anyone going to post some slips and figures? I'm anxious.

This past weekend, it was around 100 degrees so reallly no point. My last trip I hadn't gotten use to the clutch/LWFW yet and ran a horrible 13.6 @ 103.5mph with a even worst 2.1 60ft time. It was about 75 degrees then.

Archived